Which Bank? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Grizzly said:
Easy as - i got a bonus $15 from them for signing up.
Yeah, as said, just head over to their website - fill in online application, with your current bank details, the principal amount you want to deposit with ING, any automatic deposits from towards your ING account, and then mail them a recent bank-statment+signature :)
cool, i think you guys have talked me into the ING and i saw the ads saying there is a free $15 for signing up so if i want the account i better decide soon

http://www.ingdirect.com.au/
i'm going there now, quick link if anyone else is interested

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
i thought ther greater didnt charge any account keeping fees at all? regardless of student staus!! i think ur being rippped off natstar!

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
Cyph said:
how is it cheap?
its cheap cos newy permanent doesnt charge any account keeping fees, even if ur not a student. but its only really useful for people in the newcastle area.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
twisted_sista00 said:
its cheap cos newy permanent doesnt charge any account keeping fees, even if ur not a student. but its only really useful for people in the newcastle area.

Ooh, I see. Thanks!

however, when it comes to getting money out from an ATM, you might incur what you'd pay for account costs and more since there's not many Newcastle Permanent ATMs around... I have a mate who's with the St George bank and paid $40 in non-ATM fees for a month. That's why I reckon the CBA is one to at least consider, even if their account keeping fees are high.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Cyph said:
I have a mate who's with the St George bank and paid $40 in non-ATM fees for a month. That's why I reckon the CBA is one to at least consider, even if their account keeping fees are high.
You only get a certain number of free transactions a month with a St George student account, too (unless you have over $5k in the account... Shifty bastards given that most students tend to be living on the edge).

Last edited:

hys

auscentral.com|auspal.com
CommBank All The Way,

Hey just thought i'll voice my state and opinion.

Commonwealth Bank:

- Has waived my fees for 4 years, as i told them i was a student and showed them that my course was 4 years.

- Offered me a 5.25 % interest account (compounded daily) and 24 hours access to banked money in that account, as imoney can be transferred immediately (no penalty) to my normal accounts.

- In regards to non-bank ATM machines charging (usually $1.50), this has been the deal for quite a while, however they are putting these fees under review as banks are pulling in millions from this.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hys said:
Hey just thought i'll voice my state and opinion.

Commonwealth Bank:

- Has waived my fees for 4 years, as i told them i was a student and showed them that my course was 4 years.

- Offered me a 5.25 % interest account (compounded daily) and 24 hours access to banked money in that account, as imoney can be transferred immediately (no penalty) to my normal accounts.

- In regards to non-bank ATM machines charging (usually $1.50), this has been the deal for quite a while, however they are putting these fees under review as banks are pulling in millions from this.
bs 5. 25%. only 2.51 % + thats only bonus interest :p

hys

theone123 said:
bs 5. 25%. only 2.51 % + thats only bonus interest :p
haha .. i gotta special invitation ..

5.25% interest compounded annually, the account type listed is NBankSaver.

i used to have an ING Account: but because they took so long to move the money, and since Comm Bank offered me the invitation i just swapped over.

hys

yes a student card is enough, but i think you gotta show them every year.

unless you prove that you will be a student for x amounts of year, and they put it on your profile ..

the invitations i believe was sent out earlier part of the year. i had no idea why i received it nor how the selection system works.

But they did say they have sent it out to a limited number of people.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
hys said:
yes a student card is enough, but i think you gotta show them every year.

unless you prove that you will be a student for x amounts of year, and they put it on your profile ..

the invitations i believe was sent out earlier part of the year. i had no idea why i received it nor how the selection system works.

But they did say they have sent it out to a limited number of people.
hehe, i bs my course year via phone, i said like 5 years and mine is like 3 years. :p haha thats 60 bux in savings. :p

hys

OK, so you missed out on the Comm Bank offer.

How about SunCorp ?

SunCorp is now offering 5.40% pa (and of course * terms and conditions apply)

Main Features:
- No minimum balance or fixed term
- Instant internet or phone access ^#
- FREE ATM+ withdrawals at every bank in NSW with their Unlimited Transaction Plan.

*,^ , # conditions apply have a talk to them on 8248 3688 .

regards,
HYS

theone123

blue essence
HSC
er.. tons of companys offer that. but the thing is, i was really looking forward to the commbank one ;)

hys

not really, i've only seen very few that offer that

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Do you guys link your account (say, everyday bank account) to your Credit Card?

hys

i dont know about other's i keep it seperate..

and pay it off when i get the bill

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Yeah, i was thinking that is a smarter idea ( i just recieved my c.card )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)