Which calculator? (1 Viewer)

Jamiee123

HSC
I currently have the casio fx100au and it takes too long to do things the other calculators can do.

So which is better: The casio FX82AU-Plus or the sharp el531xh?

deswa1

HSC
I haven't tried the Sharp, but I've been using the Casio 82 and I think its a very good calculator...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
No idea why people argue about which calculator to use. Everyone uses Casio fx-82AU plus. In the end, all BoardofStudies approved calculators will do the job. Use the one you have been using and make sure it is board approved. Use the one you are most comfortable with.

Gigacube

HSC
has anyone heard anything about sharps?
I used to use the sharp el531xh but I preferred the casio FX82AU-Plus as it was a lot easier to use and I didn't like how Sharp displays fractions. The Casio FX82AU PLUS is the most common one that people use so I would recommend that unless you're already comfortable using the Sharp.

HSC
I personally love Casio fx-82au (the older version). Fast, simple and completely sufficient for undertaking the hsc.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I used to use the sharp el531xh but I preferred the casio FX82AU-Plus as it was a lot easier to use and I didn't like how Sharp displays fractions. The Casio FX82AU PLUS is the most common one that people use so I would recommend that unless you're already comfortable using the Sharp.
Also, Casio FX82AU-Plus at $20 (during Back-to-School period) is good value. I even bought 2 of them recently as spares for my students.

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
Casio fx-82AU or a similar calculator is a must for year 11 and year 12. Those older calculators are harder to use and lead to more mistakes caused by improper use of the calculator.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I use the 82 but word of advice. Get whatever the teacher and rest of your class uses. The calculator you learn on now will serve you for a lot longer than you realise. I still use same calculator as I did in year 11 and 12 when I am at work some 7 years later. Helped me in uni when lecturers and tutors aren't going to help u figure it out at all.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No idea why people argue about which calculator to use. Everyone uses Casio fx-82AU plus. In the end, all BoardofStudies approved calculators will do the job. Use the one you have been using and make sure it is board approved. Use the one you are most comfortable with.
speak for yourself

Casio fx-100AU is where it's at

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Sharp EL-531WH

It' what I use. It's a lot simpler than the Casio's I've seen other people use and that's part of the reason why I prefer it. Plus it's just the one I've always had and seems to do the job!

diggler

HSC
N/A
If you want to be a complete tight arse, you can buy fx 82ms on ebay for $7.20. HSC approved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)