Which car should i get? (1 Viewer)

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
It's an ugly POS with only a 4-star NCAP safety rating.

lol 'only' 4 stars?

we live in a country where the average car is like 13yrs old haha 4 stars is pretty fucking good.

You guys in the peugeots and minis get heaps of looks because you are guys driving chicks cars.... Older mini's are for both sexes, new models are chicks cars all the way.

Minis used to race against mustangs in the 60's and do pretty well too, simply because of their cornering ability, handle like bloody go karts.

Personally im not really into them, and IMO there is nothing special about that peugeot...

Whoever suggested a Honda Jazz, wtf.... seriously.

:p
i dont get heaps of looks in a peugeot?

i think you'll find minis and mustangs were in different classes. mustangs are exactly sports cars either.

no one said there was anything special about a peugeot, i said it didnt look like fish and was faster than an N/A mini?

honda jazz is a perfectly good car for a small hatch?

what is wrong with you people? i will never understand this brand snobbery shit.

How are any of these cars "chicks'" cars? What defines a "chick car"?

Agreed about the Honda Jazz though. Ugh.
honda jazz is a damn sight better than an old saab lol

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lol 'only' 4 stars?

we live in a country where the average car is like 13yrs old haha 4 stars is pretty fucking good.
If you're going to pay good money for new car, wouldn't you get one with a higher safety rating as possible?

honda jazz is a perfectly good car for a small hatch?

what is wrong with you people? i will never understand this brand snobbery shit.
Hondas are notoriously shit, comparatively unsafe, ugly cars, especially for a Japanese brand. Liking of quality != brand snobbery, dude.

honda jazz is a damn sight better than an old saab lol
My 1998 Saab 9-3 S 5-speed manual has a 2.3L engine (0-100 in 11 seconds, which isn't bad for its weight), looks a hundred times better and is about a billion times safer than the Jazz.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Don't get those cars... Look around and see if you can get a DeLorean =D

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
Hondas are notoriously shit, comparatively unsafe, ugly cars, especially for a Japanese brand. Liking of quality != brand snobbery, dude.
hondas > saabs

1. saabs depreciate so much faster than hondas
a 05 9-3 convertible is now worth 30k, originally cost like 80k

2. hondas are more economical

3. theres so many awesome hondas not available in australia

4. same luxury features, hondas have a more stylish interior/exterior design

i dont like the jazz nevertheless, not a fan of any hatchbacks

but look at this

accord coupe, reminds me of an aston martin

http://fotogrill.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/honda-accord-coupe.jpg

Last edited:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
hondas > saabs

1. saabs depreciate so much faster than hondas
a 05 9-3 convertible is now worth 30k, originally cost like 80k
And Mercs and Beamers depreciate just as badly. Does that mean Honda > anything else that depreciates? :rolleyes:

2. hondas are more economical
[citation needed]

3. theres so many awesome hondas not available in australia
Point?

4. same luxury features, hondas have a more stylish interior/exterior design
Hahaha you're not serious.

but look at this

accord coupe
Ugly grill and intake, random swishes on the side, and otherwise unremarkable.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
If you're going to pay good money for new car, wouldn't you get one with a higher safety rating as possible?

My 1998 Saab 9-3 S 5-speed manual has a 2.3L engine (0-100 in 11 seconds, which isn't bad for its weight), looks a hundred times better and is about a billion times safer than the Jazz.

If that was your top priority then yes i guess so. 4 stars is a very good rating though?

Hondas are notoriously good quality, economical cars with value for money?? i have no idea where you would come up with the thought that they are bad cars?

0-100km/h in 11 seconds is woeful and the jazz might even beat than lol. It has terrible fuel consumption (12.3-9.8l/100km) for a 2.3l straight 4. It looks hideous.:confused:

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
0-100km/h in 11 seconds is woeful and the jazz might even beat than lol. It has terrible fuel consumption (12.3-9.8l/100km) for a 2.3l straight 4. It looks hideous.:confused:
It's woeful because it is made pretty much of solid steel, which is why it is so safe :p Its fuel consumption is not great in comparison, true, but it is a decade-old car that weighs a tonne, and I wasn't comparing economy.

My baby's beautiful. You're hideous. :p

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
citation needed.

citation needed.

It was also originally worth nearly 6 times as much.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
citation needed.
Citations not needed for qualitative subjective statements :p For its age, the Saab has more safety features than the Jazz; current models of the Saab 9-3 have a five star safety rating, compared to the Jazz's four star rating.

citation needed.
Citation not needed for clear hyperbole :p

It was also originally worth nearly 6 times as much.
It also comes with a shit load more stuff as standard.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
It's woeful because it is made pretty much of solid steel, which is why it is so safe :p Its fuel consumption is not great in comparison, true, but it is a decade-old car that weighs a tonne, and I wasn't comparing economy.

My baby's beautiful. You're hideous. :p
A heavy solid car is not safe. This is why old kingswoods are unsafe. Crumple zones etc etc

You cant compare everything about a car but the fuel consumption. Especially not in this day and age. My car weighs a tonne and does 0-100km/h in under 8 seconds, only has a 2l 4 cylinder and has a combined fuel comsumption of 6l/100km :)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
A heavy solid car is not safe. This is why old kingswoods are unsafe. Crumple zones etc etc
WTF are you talking about? It has crumple zones. It's heavy and solid where it needs to be - around the cabin. Typical front-on crash tests (NCAP etc) did not notice any deformation of the front footwell, for example, because of the crumple zones.

You cant compare everything about a car but the fuel consumption. Especially not in this day and age. My car weighs a tonne and does 0-100km/h in under 8 seconds, only has a 2l 4 cylinder and has a combined fuel comsumption of 6l/100km :)
Is it a decade old? :p

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
Citations not needed for qualitative subjective statements :p For its age, the Saab has more safety features than the Jazz; current models of the Saab 9-3 have a five star safety rating, compared to the Jazz's four star rating.

Citation not needed for clear hyperbole :p

It also comes with a shit load more stuff as standard.
A commodore ssv comes with more stuff standard than a 9-3 and costs half as much? this is obviously not the point!

i dont even know why i attempt to argue with you its impossible and infuriating

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
A commodore ssv comes with more stuff standard than a 9-3 and costs half as much? this is obviously not the point!

Same to you!

ForbiddenND

HSC

GM and Holden are going out of business for a reason. enough said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)