Which courses will be in demand? (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
Will, courses like civil and mining engineering be in demand in Australia in the next 10 to 20 years? I hear that most courses related to computing will be in very high demand such as software engineers and degrees related to natural resources will reduce significantly.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Civil is pretty saturated at the moment and there are a lot of people studying it too - there are a lot of jobs for civil, but a lot of people to fill those jobs too.

Reactions: h_g

astroman

HSC
will they always be in demand? And mining and natural resources is sure to run out within next 30 years right?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Computing might come in high demand in the future all over the world. However I doubt that will be the case in Australia.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
will they always be in demand? And mining and natural resources is sure to run out within next 30 years right?
Many areas of engineering are in demand however the jobs are filled in by people quickly.

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Mining will decline as theres only a certain amount we can mine. If you want an engineering with massive future growth, its biomedical. Id imagine the computer/IT related ones would also have good job options and growth

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think there is really a way to predict what will be in demand for certain. IT/computer stuff I assume because well that's where humanity is going, mining less because it is slowly comming to a hault and there really hasn't been much of an aerospace sector at best

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)