Which degree should i choose (1 Viewer)

Jigmey

HSC
I want to pursue a degree which will in the future hopefully land me as a financial stockbroker? . Which degree will best suit me for these job prospects? A degree in commerce majoring in finance (USYD) or a bachelor of finance (ANU)? Also what's the difference between these degrees?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I’d suggest that you go visit both campuses and get a feel for the one that you like more. Most people find Sydney a more interesting place to live in then Canberra to which is something to consider.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Any degree with a major in finance would suffice. To maximize your chances a B. Commerce majoring in Finance/Economics, Finance/Law or Economics/Law are generally favored. Attending a "Big 4" university is often recommended.

As your HSC is in 2021 i recommend that you take advantage of the open days that universities have for highschool students. You can ask people about the degree and its prospects. If you have a careers councelor or year co-ordinator at your school they should be able to give you some more information.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'd challenge your understanding of what a "financial stockbroker" does.

We are in a post royal commission era where a lot of the traditional roles are quickly being wiped out.

RishBonjour

HSC
"financial stockbroker"
Yep - sounds like its straight out of wolf of wallstreet.

Keep your mind open - as a school kid, your best bet is to just study to maximise your ATAR and keep as many doors open as possible. You don't have to decide on a career and especially what type of finance you want until later.

BTW hope you didn't confuse 'financial stockbroker' with investment banking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)