Which ethnicities/ethnicity is a NO for you? (1 Viewer)

Bendent

HSC
Chinese for me. Wouldn't say no to Koreans, but, no offence, not Japanese or Vietnamese. I do not consider them inferior in any sense, just cannot deal with the cultural difference.
Not anyone of European ancestry either, East, West, North, South or middle. Same reason, too different culturally.

In responce to the "Shanghainese" people mentioned above:
"Shanghainese"(上海人) refers to anyone of Han Chinese ethinicity who resides, or is born, in the city of Shanghai. They speak a dialect of Wuu Chinese known as "Shanghainese"(上海闲话). Linguistically or ethnically they are not isolated from the rest of Han people.
Many local Chinese people of Shanghai origin can't be bothered to dig up their language or ancestry a bit and are ignorant enough assert themselves as "Shang", a corruption of the Beijing Mandarin pronunciation of "上海人“(Shanghainese). There was once a girl, whose grandparents were from Shanghai, who told me with assertiveness that the city of Shanghai was not on the Mainland but located on an island XD

*There are 56 ethinicities in Mainland China. But it is not relevant because the Han peoples are considered by most scholars as one ethnic group. They (we) are dominant in the Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macaom, Taiwan, Singapore and Christmas Island. They speak many varieties of the Chinese language: Mandarin, Wuu, Cantonese, Hakka, Hokkien, etc*
their history is wu not mandarin (totlly different). it is neither similar to northern part and particularly not the south. FACT. all these languages have tones wu doesnt

looks is vasstly different compare 5'9 average to a 5' midget. genetic difference

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
^ what's kurds lol? good comment. italians on the other hand = <3

princessoz

HSC
^ what's kurds lol? good comment. italians on the other hand = <3
Kurds are Kurdish people.. umm, I'm not really 100% on the exact history of it so look it up if you want.. but basically they were arabs that invaided/came into Turkey where its bordered with Iran & Iraq and took a part of it and claimed it as there own land kind of thing & obviously we (being the Turks) & the Turkish governement were against it and so since history Kurds hate Turks and vis versa....

Last edited:
HSC
Kurds are Kurdish people.. umm, I'm not really 100% on the exact history of it so look it up if you want.. but basically they were arabs that invaided/came into Turkey where its bordered with Iran & Iraq and took a part of it and claimed it as there own land kind of thing & obviously we (being the Turks) & the Turkish governement were against it and so since history Kurds hate Turks and vis versa....

m8, the kurds have been living in turkey long before turkey even existed. THen, when the turks came along, they tried to wipe out kurdish culture by banning the language and suppressing their business etc.

twistedrebel

HSC
kurds are racial group in iraq, iran and turkey border region, and all 3 countries hate shit. but yeah agree with effy take to NCAP.

DavidWen

HSC
their history is wu not mandarin (totlly different). it is neither similar to northern part and particularly not the south. FACT. all these languages have tones wu doesnt

looks is vasstly different compare 5'9 average to a 5' midget. genetic difference
First of all, i suspect that you can actually speak Shanghainese, because to say that Wuu does not have tones is absolutely laughable. Most Wuu dialects have 8 tones (or 3 under modern classification).

And, there is genetic diversity throughout the Han ethnicity in general, but there has been no genetic study which confirms that the Wuu speaking population is more distant from the rest of the Han people. I cannot understand the "5'9' allusion, sorry.

I cannot seem to decipher the sentence "their history is wu not mandarin ". "Mandarin" is the name given, historically, to the standard form of the Chinese language, not an ethnic group in any sense. "Wuu" refers to the region around Shanghai, Zhejiang, Anhui and Jiangsu. The Han people have inhabitted those areas since the Qin Dynasty(200 years ago). The Wuu region has been the cultural centre of China. Many famous historical or contemporary Chinese people, including poets, calligraphers, businessmen, and politicians, are of Wuu origin: Tang Bo-hu, Xu Wen-Chang, Lu Xun, etc. The Chinese president, Hu Jin-tao, is also from Wuu speaking region.

Modern Wuu Chinese developed from Proto-Wuu-Min, which splitted into Wuu and Min(e.g. Taiwanese Hokkien, Amoy, Teochew Dialect, Puxian, etc). Proto-Wuu-Min in turn was a dialect of Ancient Chinese(上古汉语).

I don't see any reason why "Wuu" should be "totally different" from Mandarin. Did you know that they share 60% of colloquial vocabulary?

For your information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wu_Chinese
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varieties_of_Chinese

Last edited:

Bendent

HSC
nope 2 tones bby, or how can i say up and downs like normal languages would whereas all other have more than 4. yep i mean the region only that region not other places.

nope. the most mututally non intelligle of all chinese languages. i would know.

DavidWen

HSC
nope 2 tones bby, or how can i say up and downs like normal languages would whereas all other have more than 4. yep i mean the region only that region not other places.
My friend, I said, distinctively, [Most] Wu dialects. The Wuu dialects are not mutually intelligible, do you expect them to be the same in this respect??

DavidWen

HSC
You are right. The Chinese languages are not mutually intelligible. Not in the spoken form. But the written forms don't differ significantly, really.
侬是上海人--->Shanghainese, "You are Shanghainese"
你是上海人--->Mandarin

And common vocab does not imply mutual intelligibility of the spoken languages.

Bendent

HSC
yep yep. vocab is written. ur right. but that's for all chinese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)