which is harder to attain a B6 in Eng std or Eng Adv (1 Viewer)

TBK11

HSC
just curious which is harder to attain a Band 6 in English Standard or English Advance.

and say your a person who averages around 88-96% in english exams and essays

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Well depends i guess

from what we've heard from the past.. its harder in Standard english but the thing is how much effort you put in?

If you put in effort then it would be the same so it wont matter what you do, Advanced or Standard :)

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Standard. Not a lot of Standard students end up with a B6 in the end. I can't recall the percentage offhand but it's very minimal.

If you're getting those marks you should do Advanced. If you did Standard you would get very bored very fast.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
with Standard you be able to bludge more and its less hard work.

but really, if your capable of getting a band 6 with advance, then stick with it.

HSC
yeah its much less than 1% in standard i believe
closer to 0% even
i think in 2007 only 13 people got it,
which is insane
also from memory there are years when no one even gets a b6 in standard

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
yeah its much less than 1% in standard i believe
closer to 0% even
i think in 2007 only 13 people got it,
which is insane
this year, we had alot more band 6's in std, due to a better cohort i believe

2008- 0.23%

2007- 0.07%

I think most std students tend to struggle with Paper 1 which is the major descriminant whether your able to achieve a band 6 or not because our paper 2 is a piece of cake.
If you can pass paper 1 with flying colours, no doubt band 6 is achievable.

Last edited:

georgefren

HSC
advanced. but seriously, if your that capable, then id suggest more units. english 3 and 4 unit are the easiest subjects to get good marks AND scaled marks in from the entire hsc.

bored of sc

HSC
Theoretically wouldn't it be easier to achieve a band 6 in Standard?:confused:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
subjective..

same scaling

aligning would be little bit different but it would be about similar for both.

why don't people just accept that english standard people are just shitter in english? It's not harder, it's simple: people doing english standard are just shitter.

Rainie

HSC
Harder to achieve in Standard, as people all think Standard is a 'bludge'.

Well, can't really say Standard people are shitter than Advanced English students. In our school, teachers handpicked people who could do advanced/standard based from year 10 results. Come to think of it, it wasn't even fair. So some people who narrowly missed out doing advanced were really cut.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Harder to achieve in Standard, as people all think Standard is a 'bludge'.

Well, can't really say Standard people are shitter than Advanced English students. In our school, teachers handpicked people who could do advanced/standard based from year 10 results. Come to think of it, it wasn't even fair. So some people who narrowly missed out doing advanced were really cut.
Usually, they are.

Go to any school...I am sure people doing advanced do better than standard people.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
subjective..

same scaling

aligning would be little bit different but it would be about similar for both.

why don't people just accept that english standard people are just shitter in english? It's not harder, it's simple: people doing english standard are just shitter.
Lyounamu, how is your point related to the thread?

You preach the importance of not offending people throughout this forum, and here you are doing the exact opposite. It's pretty obvious, I would have thought, that people doing a higher level of English are more skilled at the subject than those students doing a lower level.

If you somehow think that the english literature skills of those students doing St English are indicative of their abilities across other subjects, you are poorly mistaken my friend.

You puzzle me. You seem intelligent, yet you also seem to lack the basic common sense that many are equipped with. You'll need this if you are to succeed next year.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Lyounamu, how is your point related to the thread?

You preach the importance of not offending people throughout this forum, and here you are doing the exact opposite. It's pretty obvious, I would have thought, that people doing a higher level of English are more skilled at the subject than those students doing a lower level.

If you somehow think that the english literature skills of those students doing St English are indicative of their abilities across other subjects, you are poorly mistaken my friend.

You puzzle me. You seem intelligent, yet you also seem to lack the basic common sense that many are equipped with. You'll need this if you are to succeed next year.

Where does he indicate that?

georgefren

HSC
hahahaha no he doesnt. namu only needs to do well in english and hes set for a 100 uai.

and i agree, people who do standard english are generally worse at english.

and on average, do worse in the hsc.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
No offense to namu -

but what the fuck is with people sucking namu's dick saying that he'll get 100 UAI? seriously.
wouldn't be surprised if he 99+'d it but 'OMG NAMU IS 100 UAI' is just stupid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)