Which is the best uni for business/commerce/economics? (1 Viewer)

which uni is the best for commerce

• UNSW

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • USYD

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • MAC

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • UTS

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: Best Business Faculty

anaoum said:
thanks...
its just im wondering why more people go to unsw/syd for comm if their is no diff

i just want to no what unis are ranked in terms of their recognition.
basically, all asians go to unsw and all white people go to usyd.

Conspirocy

HSC

stazi said:
basically, all asians go to unsw and all white people go to usyd.
basically...nah i cant be bothered this will just turn into another bitch fest for unsw v usyd and yeah uni starts monday

i'll just say this...uts sucks lol

stazi

Nightman
HSC

basically all you need to know is that UWS > all.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

Unsw :p

But UTS > all for convenience, except their system of choosing courses/timetabling sucks. (And when you're a commerce student with minimal hours a week you want to be sure you get it bunched in 2 days :D )

Usyd don't offer part-time which makes me thing they are old-fashioned..

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Jennyness said:
Australian School of Business @ UNSW
.....lol. tsup person with mental disabilities

stazi

Nightman
HSC

you remind me of the Nazi movement. You're completely brainwashed. Also, you keep talking about its postgrad qualifications. The person who posted this thread is not interested in doing an MBA.

anaoum

HSC

um can anyone point me to the ranks... how well they r ranked

i was looking at maquarie but some people say its crap. some say its good for business. so id like some official evidence. im obviously not expecting it to be better then syd or unsw. but can some1 plz giv me some helpfull info. thanx

phrred

HSC

Conspirocy said:
um how do you abbreviate Facaulty of Business
you dont, you abbreviate Australian School of Business ;)

anaoum

HSC

comon guys... im sure someone here has some valuable info

stazi

Nightman
HSC

what valuable info? whether or not a uni's undergarduate business faculty is the best is very subjective. basically, if you go to UTS/USYD/UNSW/MAQ you'll be very happy with the standard of teaching and the opportunities available.

Conspirocy

HSC

stazi said:
what valuable info? whether or not a uni's undergarduate business faculty is the best is very subjective. basically, if you go to UTS/USYD/UNSW/MAQ you'll be very happy with the standard of teaching and the opportunities available.
i'd agree excluding uts

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC

anaoum said:
um can anyone point me to the ranks... how well they r ranked
Rankings are pretty useless for comparing individual universities to each other. There are massive methodological difficulties, and the fact that the rankings fluctuate significantly from survey to survey and from year to year indicates that they don't really demonstrate very much. As far as I can see the only purpose they serve other than to give a very, very general idea of relative merit is to allow the unis to trumpet their rankings in their promotional material. As stas said, any of the top-tier unis will give you a good level of commercial education. It's hard to get finer differentiation than that at the faculty level.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC

Those rankings are also for the university as a whole (including postgrad). From what I understand most rankings are actually purely for postgrad-related measures. Also, the quality of education hardly ever gets much of a weighting in the rankings, with the university's quality of research being more important. For you, whether or not a university's research is superior will not matter.

From the rankings I have seen, UNSW and USYD seem to perform at the same level. From memory, last year USYD was ranked 32nd and UNSW 36th on one of the rankings. Considering there's thousands of universities worldwide, 4 places won't make any difference.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC

stazi said:
By valuable info, I believe he is referring to that imaginary concept that success can be determined by simple things such as which university you went to.

He's yet to realise that the real world looks like that tangle of cables coming from your powerboard.

Conspirocy

HSC

Vagabond said:
By valuable info, I believe he is referring to that imaginary concept that success can be determined by simple things such as which university you went to.

He's yet to realise that the real world looks like that tangle of cables coming from your powerboard.
success is determined by which private school you went to if you have that sort of outlook in terms of ranking uni's now that i think about it

anaoum

HSC

ok so thanx peopl for the input and info.

lets say i have a choice between maq and uts. if i wanted to do bcommerce-acc / bfinance. would u recomend i do it in maq or go to uts and do a bbusiness?

and when it comes to transport maq is much closer to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)