Which is the best Uni for Business/Commerce (1 Viewer)

crazy_paki123

HSC
Ive put down Commerce/Business as all my preferences in different institutions. Just out of curiosity out of the following Universitites which is the best or top 2 for Business/Commerce
1. UNSW
2. USYD
3. Macquarie University
4. UTS
5. UWS

I think I can easily exlude UWS, but which is the best uni for commerece with valid reasonin. Thank you

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yeah UNSW is considered to have the best business school in Australia, so i have heard. USYD is second but they're some rumours about it getting worse every year? I doubt you would regret going to either one of them though.

crazy_paki123

HSC
OK. I put UNSW as the desired course, but USYD didnt really appeal to me on their open day. Plus I heard Maquarie is also up there for business

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
dunno about other unis but if you are thinking about serious WORK, avoid usyd imo. they have barely any support for distance learning.

lectures are also usually held during the day and from what i've seen, subject lecture recordings are a hit and miss.

Kingportable

HSC
Yeah your top 4 is good just pick the best one for location. From my understanding, for business that is, the best bet is the most convenient one and just worry about faculties/Unis on your masters! UNSW definitely has the best grad program in the country hands down also take into account before a steady and extended decline Macuqarie's grad program MGSM was long considered the best in Aus from what i've read into apparently because it moved away from an applied (industry oriented approach) to a theoretical/academic approach.

australiandate

HSC
lol they are all the same unless u did a business degree from the Ivy league in the US. I know this is a serious question for highschool kids but frankly speaking, nobody cares where you graduated from as long as your degree is all legit

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
lol they are all the same unless u did a business degree from the Ivy league in the US. I know this is a serious question for highschool kids but frankly speaking, nobody cares where you graduated from as long as your degree is all legit
+1

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah unsw is considered to have the best business school in australia, so i have heard. Usyd is second but they're some rumours about it getting worse every year? I doubt you would regret going to either one of them though.
imo

unsw
macq
usyd
uts

but then again it's easier to network at unsw/usyd because of ubs/jp morgan competitions, fmaa, recruiters coming into talk and stuff

Last edited:

Freshman2013

HSC
Uni Grad
USYD is better than UNSW. I enrolled and will start in a few weeks. cant wait.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
^ lol'd

UNSW is by far the best choice for Business you can make. You should also take a closer look at UTS. I find a lot of people underestimate the university as a whole. Their learning process is entirely practical as opposed to theoretical/academic which means you learn more from experience rather than the textbook. In 2007 (or more recently, I can't really remember the year) an Australia-wide survey found that 90% of UTS business graduates were employed within 3 months and earned ~$80,000+ as opposed to the average ~$50,000 that most graduates would be earning. I think it's definitely worth a closer look at, although UNSW is probably where you want to be.
In your list I would easily wipe UWS and USYD away. USYD just doesn't appeal to me; it sells it's own pompous, pretentious, prestige in their open days and quite a few students I have talked to from other unis have transferred from USYD because they hated the environment and their teaching is very un-interactive and boring. I've been to 3 open days thrown by USYD and made a lot of effort to try and find some reason to like it other than it's Hogwarts-like campus but really, it has no appeal and there are a lot of rumours/innuendos floating around about how some of it's faculties are getting worse and worse.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
^ lol'd

UNSW is by far the best choice for Business you can make. You should also take a closer look at UTS. I find a lot of people underestimate the university as a whole. Their learning process is entirely practical as opposed to theoretical/academic which means you learn more from experience rather than the textbook. In 2007 (or more recently, I can't really remember the year) an Australia-wide survey found that 90% of UTS business graduates were employed within 3 months and earned ~$80,000+ as opposed to the average ~$50,000 that most graduates would be earning. I think it's definitely worth a closer look at, although UNSW is probably where you want to be.
In no way is that right. Big 4 graduates earn in the mid 50s (depending on city, role, course duration but still...). Unless 90% of grads from UTS go into IB (BB and boutique)/management consulting (MBB).

If for whatever reason you are talking about the UTS MBA program then that figure is reasonable. AGSM (UNSW) MBA grads make slightly than double at around 135k.

Last edited:

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
In no way is that right. Big 4 graduates earn in the mid 50s (depending on city, role, course duration but still...). Unless 90% of grads from UTS go into IB (BB and boutique)/management consulting (MBB).

If for whatever reason you are talking about the UTS MBA program then that figure is reasonable. AGSM (UNSW) MBA grads make slightly than double at around 135k.
That was exactly my thought process (my mother works as a CFO and tells me these things about business). Currently I'm out and about on my phone but when I get home later tonight I'll try and find the article/survey I read a few months ago regarding this statistic. Earning $60,000 first year out is an achievement so I know how far-fetched it seems but I'll definitely try and find that article again.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
"heritage" = tables and chairs and lecture theatres built in 1842

Nws m8

Banned
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is this even a question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)