Which macbook is best for uni (law school)?? (2 Viewers)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
I was thinking of the 13 inch macbook air. CUZ it has the intel 4th gen which is really attractive.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah if you do law and dont have a macbook well you're fucked

madharris

HSC
N/A
it all comes down to personal preference in the end since the differences are pretty small overall

sghguos

HSC
N/A
im confused, intel hd 5000 vs 4600 vs 4400 which ones better???

im confused, intel hd 5000 vs 4600 vs 4400 which ones better???

Im guessing intel hd 5000 is the best but a laptop with 4600 was so much more expensive so I dont know...

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Macs are definitely a poor choice, in my opinion.
Why would u say that? cuz i hear different.

apparently macbook lets u get ur work done faster due amazing shortcuts, mind u ive never used a macbook though just what friends say

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Whichever is the cheapest/lightest.

I know personally I hardly use/take my laptop to uni. Its too hard to take notes efficiently imo and you get very easily distracted. Plus carrying around a laptop (and potentially a charger) all day isn't light, especially if you need to bring textbooks too. (And law textbooks are not light!!)

I only spent $600 on my laptop and considering I now only really use it at home when I'm studying or just being lazy, I'm not that fussed how fast it is and blah blah anymore.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Whichever is the cheapest/lightest.

I know personally I hardly use/take my laptop to uni. Its too hard to take notes efficiently imo and you get very easily distracted. Plus carrying around a laptop (and potentially a charger) all day isn't light, especially if you need to bring textbooks too. (And law textbooks are not light!!)

I only spent $600 on my laptop and considering I now only really use it at home when I'm studying or just being lazy, I'm not that fussed how fast it is and blah blah anymore.
oh do you study law? what uni?

I figured a laptop would be more efficent for law school because you have so much notes to take so typing would be better.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I take mine to uni. Never really use it for my commerce subjects but it's useful sometimes in law (you don't really NEED one though because you shouldn't be taking so many notes in the first place IMO) I have a 13" MBA but next time around I'm probably going with a Pro (probably 15"). I use it as my main computer so the extra memory over the MBA is useful.

Just get what you want in the end. If you like macs then get a mac. If you're more comfortable with a regular pc then just get that.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Why would u say that? cuz i hear different.

apparently macbook lets u get ur work done faster due amazing shortcuts, mind u ive never used a macbook though just what friends say
They are overpriced for what you get.

Emily Howard

HSC
Re: im confused, intel hd 5000 vs 4600 vs 4400 which ones better???

ura troll

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
They are overpriced for what you get.
To be fair the MacBooks have amazing battery life, and manafacturers have only recently been able to significantly under cut apples pricing on the MBA for similiar specced ultrabooks.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
I take mine to uni. Never really use it for my commerce subjects but it's useful sometimes in law (you don't really NEED one though because you shouldn't be taking so many notes in the first place IMO) I have a 13" MBA but next time around I'm probably going with a Pro (probably 15"). I use it as my main computer so the extra memory over the MBA is useful.

Just get what you want in the end. If you like macs then get a mac. If you're more comfortable with a regular pc then just get that.
Well its my first time using a mac if I do change. HMMMMMMMMMMMMM Azure didnt you do the same degree as me? comm/law mQ????

when you had the macbook pro did u use it as ur main computer or did u take to schooL??

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
get any old regular piece of shit, if you're a goddamn law/comm student you don't need any sort of worthwhile machine for university

in fact you don't even need a laptop at all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)