which module scales the best? (1 Viewer)

acemusic415

HSC
It does for Advanced English that's for sure. Romanticism seemed to be easy for a lot of people and Crime Writing was average as well. Maybe Life Writing or Navigating the Global will align slightly better? Who knows.

hallofdoors

HSC
Pretty sure the Modules scale, Textual Dynamics and Navigating the Global scale the best - not sure by how much though

eyeswideshut

HSC
Pretty sure the Modules scale, Textual Dynamics and Navigating the Global scale the best - not sure by how much though
I would've thought romanticism scaled the best, people are saying in general (not based on this exam) that its the hardest

hallofdoors

HSC
I would've thought romanticism scaled the best, people are saying in general (not based on this exam) that its the hardest
Oh really? I've heard that Textual Dynamics and NTG were the hardest haha, I don't think it'll matter that much in the long run though :)

nonchalance

HSC
I would not be surprised if after the bomb scaled the least. It's pathetically easy in comparison IMO.

Stretch21

HSC
You guys seen Sci-Fi? Might look a little hard, but those questions were like the basics of Sci-Fi. Easy. Not sure that many people do it though. Don't know anyone on here that does it...

rhiannaissad

HSC
N/A
you think they're going to mark based on a schools resources and accessibility to texts... that's ignorant.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You guys seen Sci-Fi? Might look a little hard, but those questions were like the basics of Sci-Fi. Easy. Not sure that many people do it though. Don't know anyone on here that does it...
i do. and yeah the question was pretty general for the essay and creative but its difficult to get really good marks in the creative in sci-fi simply because its hard to come up with an original idea noone has come up with before

yours

HSC
only the examiners know!! Also they look at the questions from year to year and decide depending on that specific question. The only way to know is to find out the raw marks for the essay and creative per module and see what the mark after weighting is (they tell you this). So you'll find out if you ask for your raw marks back.

Sammy2011

HSC
I think Life Writing will be up there. A challenging concept when it comes to the creative.

szeater

HSC
Textual Dynamics generally 'scales' the highest, purely because it involves dealing with concepts which are considered to be of a much higher level than any of the other modules. Whilst most of them cover specific genres or time periods, Textual Dynamics requires in-depth knowledge of literature as a whole, with slightly more focus on post-modernism. Put simply, you'll either fail with Textual Dynamics, or go really well, there's no in between.

timinator1993

HSC
"Classier" (?) texts scale better, In terms of textual integrity and the depth of the movie, not the depth you force it to be. For example Finding Nemo would scale pretty low due to its 'immature' concepts, compared to say Schindlers List, which is renowned for its deep concepts and the emotive response it continually receives.
/my2cents

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad
I did sci fi/genre, didn't seem too hard to be honest.

yours

HSC
Textual Dynamics generally 'scales' the highest, purely because it involves dealing with concepts which are considered to be of a much higher level than any of the other modules. Whilst most of them cover specific genres or time periods, Textual Dynamics requires in-depth knowledge of literature as a whole, with slightly more focus on post-modernism. Put simply, you'll either fail with Textual Dynamics, or go really well, there's no in between.
Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

Harber

HSC
i was just wondering about how many schools do textual dynamics, considering we do it at school, and i do think that the content studied would make it the highest scaling, especially as it is not done by many schools?

princerehan

HSC
i was just wondering about how many schools do textual dynamics, considering we do it at school, and i do think that the content studied would make it the highest scaling, especially as it is not done by many schools?
I do textual dynamics and yes it is the highest scaling elective. Mainly because the concepts can be considered hard to grasp and write a response to with that understanding.

How'd you find this years paper, we all found it be extremely easy. haha :)

anexasaved

HSC
Yea our school does it! =) but we only have a 12 person class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)