Which order are you going to do it paper 1 in? (1 Viewer)

engie_benji

HSC
I started with my essay in the trials and it was the stupidest thing ive ever done. I ran out of time and only wrote 2 pages for creative. I think ill just stick to the convention section 1,2 and 3 in order this time. What about you guys?

Clarky13

HSC
Thing is, I start on creative because I know it's my strong point and I know I'm going to get all the marks there, but I get carried away and end up going over 45 minutes. So, I'm going for a risky strategy and starting with essay, then short answers, then finally creative writing.

engie_benji

HSC
thats exactly what i did and i wouldnt recommend it, but its up to you, you might be faster with the essay and the short response than me :p

acehscwebsite

HSC
N/A
It is advisable to start with the essay (you have done MOST of your preparation for this), the do the reading task (doing this at the beginning you might tend to overwrite and lose time in the process. Do your creative at the end - it is easy to do end a creative than end an essay or reading task, if you're running out of time. This is the approach I used and it worked well for me

E

Effekt

essay -> short story -> unseen unless i run out of ideas for the essay/creative writing i will go back to the unseen.

It's easier to get marks in the unseen texts so i will do them last since i know it doesn't take long to complete and having the confidence knowing you have completed the other sections will be good.

HSC
i've usually just gone short answers - creative - essay and I don't think I'll be changing

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to be doing it in order. I tried to do it out of order the other day with creative first, then essay -> = fail time left for short answers.

It's not like if you have a 15/15 essay prepared and you can adapt it on the day, that you could potentially get a 13, whereas with short answers it's very easy to neglect the last part or the 3 marker and lose a couple of marks. Plus, the faster I do short answers + creative, the more time I have left for the essay (~50mins+ for me), so I know that I can actually use those extra mins for writing more on the essay rather than the other sections if I finish them early.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Short answer, essay, creative(Honestly hope they specify to write a speech)

Gillywilly

HSC
definitely do the short answers first
it's so much easier to lose/gain marks in the short answers than in any other sections of the exam
especially because the marks are assigned to each question, you now how much to write, etc
whereas in essay or creative, even if you have a really good essay ready, you can still lose marks for the randomest thing
just my opinion :D best of luck to everyone!

rainydays

HSC
Short answer -> Creative -> Essay

Just the way it is set out. I read the questions/stimulus for the creative and essay in the reading time and let my subconsciousess work on them while I do the short answer section. It's worked for me so far so I don't want to risk trying somthing new and messing up my timing.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I did it in the order it's intended.

Anyone that doesn't do the short answer first is kinda weird. That's what the 10 minutes is for.

HSC
Essay (Before I forget all the quotes, etc) > Creative (normally I spend to long on creative so by doing the essay first and this second my hand will be tired enough to force me to restrict the length) > Short answer (I can get these done quick, but I spend to long if I don't have the time pressure like when doing them last)

noddis911

HSC
Uni Grad
Creative - Short Answer - Essay

My idea is to get my creative done first cause its the quickest, then short answer because it gives my hand a break from hardout writing, and then essay which I'll be going right to the bell. I get cramps so easily in my wrist :(

jackl25

HSC
I did it in the order it's intended.

Anyone that doesn't do the short answer first is kinda weird. That's what the 10 minutes is for.
Correct - that's why Paper 2 only 5 minutes read time.
Still, I've been doing essay first the whole year - its the only thing I'm prepared for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)