• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which subject is best and why? Legal,business,eco (1 Viewer)

ForbiddenND

HSC
Out of legal studies, business studies or economics, which subject is the best and why?

sannous1

HSC
business is just plain boringggg, but easy to understand..but veryy boring
Legal, is intresting and kind of fun at times, and i dnt do economics..
so i wuld have to say legal

mathslover

HSC
ECO
did biz - boring - dropped it
did legal - ok but boring - dropped it
did eco n doin eco n luvin it

michael1990

HSC
Would have to say Economics is the hardest subject, so if you like a little bit of a challenge look at Eco.

Otherwise, i LOVE business. Its so god damn fun! Easy concepts and adaptable to everyday life. Although i want to study commerce in later life.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
:uhhuh: I do Business Studies and I just love it. It is my best and favourite subject.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Business, Because you know its relative.
Eco is good, its just unless your actually going to study eco at uni, theres not much need to know it, but its really interesting.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
im going to have to disagree with risole here. The HSC course is quite basic and I thnk it's important for people to have a sound understanding of how the economy works. Maybe then people will have an idea of how to react in different economic situations.

And economics isn't actually hard. It's just one of those subjects where it's really difficult to rote learn everything. If you can understand it though, you should be fine.

Muz4PM

HSC
I don't do economics or buisness studies, so I cannot comment on them, but I do do legal studies. I enjoy it, it gives me a very basic understanding of law and legal concepts and I find it interesting and thought provoking. However, one thing I don't enjoy is trying to remember things about certain pieces of legislation, cases, what their facts are and how they pertain to the question.

I guess if you are choosing it for the HSC, look where your interests lie and what subject would best fit with them.

Last edited:

bling05

HSC
michael1990 said:
Would have to say Economics is the hardest subject, so if you like a little bit of a challenge look at Eco.

Otherwise, i LOVE business. Its so god damn fun! Easy concepts and adaptable to everyday life. Although i want to study commerce in later life.
Oh yeah Business is so adaptable to every life, I mean, people, get the change agent in and lets adapt the Lewin change model quickly, before people start resisting! Rah!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
im going to have to disagree with risole here. The HSC course is quite basic and I thnk it's important for people to have a sound understanding of how the economy works. Maybe then people will have an idea of how to react in different economic situations.

And economics isn't actually hard. It's just one of those subjects where it's really difficult to rote learn everything. If you can understand it though, you should be fine.
I respectively kind of disagree.

I agree in the sense that we need to know a little about how the economy works, interest rates ect.

But unless studying economics, Things like the multiplier, distribution of wealth ect, are irrellavent, they are good to know, but other then economics there isnt many fields where this info can be utilised.

I Must add though, i do actually enjoy economics more there business.

munchiecrunchie

HSC
economics wins hands down.

legal is pretty boring. business - can't comment on, i don't take it.

HSC
N/A
i do business and eco. both are interesting but i would have to say i like business studies more, its no doubt easier than eco.

Bainesy

HSC
biz- far too easy, scaling is bad aswell cause so many idiots do the subject, gets quite boring
legal- interesting but the uni's say that it doesnt help you with law, so its redundant
eco- more interesting than the others, maths is very simple and scales best

eco hands down

HSC
Economics.

The HSC Business Studies course is terrible, if I didn't find it so easy I'd regret choosing it.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I do Economics and I hate it. But I would prefer it over Business and Legal.

sasa-o8

HSC
I do all three and despite how much I hate my eco classes, it's the most interesting.

Business - Very easy to understand, but perhaps not the best subject if you're looking for a challenge, bad scaling
Legal - Year 11 was so boring I was planning to drop it but the year 12 course is much better. I loved Family Law but HATE WORLD ORDER..but they're the option topics though, so yeah. My friends that hate legal dislike how they have to memorise all the legisations
Economics - More challenging than the above two, not good if you want to bludge (like me), you'll really have to understand all the concepts otherwise you'll be hating economics, good scaling, interesting

hahahayley

HSC
from legal and eco i definitely prefer eco, despite being better at legal. while both are equally useful and interesting imo, it comes down to the fact that my eco teacher and class provide a better learning environment than my legal one.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
risole91 said:
I respectively kind of disagree.

I agree in the sense that we need to know a little about how the economy works, interest rates ect.

But unless studying economics, Things like the multiplier, distribution of wealth ect, are irrellavent, they are good to know, but other then economics there isnt many fields where this info can be utilised.

I Must add though, i do actually enjoy economics more there business.
multiplier is important when the budget is released, people need to know how an increase in government spending stimuates the economy beyond the increased amount of spending..
If someone didn't know that they wouldn't understand the full effect of a budget. They wouldn't know why increased spending is important during reccessions and decreased spending is important during booms...

Distribution of income is very important for everyone to understand lol. They need to know how a regressive tax system distibutes income to the rich (like the GST system from the howard government) and they need to know how government policies redistribute income.

If they didn't the government could make policies which fucks up the poor.

....oh wait.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:

+1

I am so sick of people saying things like "So and so promised to keep interest rates low" and "The government should decrease the price of petrol". Its good to have even a basic knowledge of how the economy works.

I dont do business or legal, but economics is probably my favourite subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)