Which subject is everyone pissed off about? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
Eng Adv--89--self-explanatory
Chem--87--I bombed out on it all year, so 87 is very good, but another...3...more....marks...I would have had a nice string of courses to my name under the DA list in addition to Bio, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and I would've sure been over the UAI of 97 barrier (got 96.95....grrr.....)

HSC
I missed premiers award by 2 marks, one in english extension and one in legal. Also, in history extension I got an exam mark of 47/50 but got an assessment mark of 36/50, which is a 22% difference, making my hsc mark 42 when it could have been easily E4

HSC
Carnivour said:
chemistry. grrrrrr. the subject i studied by far the most for (actually pretty much the only one i even touched in STUVAC), and my lowest mark by a mile.
Me too, gloz :( i reckon we start a riot in the science department at school.
Chem i got 82 and physics i got 79, and these were the two i was planning on doing the best in, and they were my worst 2. Ahh well, you and i got what we needed in the end, so c'est la vie :rolleyes:

Gibbo69er

Poor Student
HSC
Another one I'm pissed about is Maths. I thought I'd end up going okay in that. I studied heaps, went through the entire course... and ended up with a 75 Exam Mark :(

I do extension maths and everything, but still bumed out in maths. :(

Oh well.

hornbag_tom

in a mundane reality where losers constantly piss
HSC
grrrr english advanced internal assessment!! i have been ranked 1st since the beginning of year 11, topped every assessment mark and was 15marks ahead of the person who came second in the trials...and the school puts me in at fucking 87 for my internal assessment, and the second person was put in at 86!!! where is the fucking justice! i got 89 for the external assessment but i had family issues teh day before. my teacher who took maternity leave midway through the year said i should have been put in at 97 not 87, and this way i could have gotten a band 6 possibly!!! it just pisses me off when i do so well both years, and then my school lets me down!! i mean, they didnt even give me a chance to get a band 6! fucking erina high school english department what a group of edcucational yuppie wankers!....other than that, erina is a really good school :)...bored of studies is great for venting disapproval and angst!

pig_93

HSC
legal got 89...pooh

ext only got 33 which is bulllllllshit cos i truly thought i did well in that exam

Libbster

HSC
physics- 89 this was so annoying because I studied the most for it. did the exam and felt good, (unlike the chem exam, i felt i went really bad but i got 91) i went on the forums and compared the answers i could remember with everyone else and got the same thing. Then i get my mark back and cry.

Also I went crap in ext history 41/50 I thought I went better but oh well.

That is all.

lilkatie

I'm really angry at ext eng -44 as my gay teacher gave me 98's and 95's all year
ext 2 eng 44
physics and chem - 89
maths X 44
Argh I missed out on so many band 6's and E4's by 1 mark..I only needed one more band 6 to get a premiers award *cries*
Summary: Needed one more mark in lots of subjects!

HSC
N/A
music, why i pick a subject where i can't sing. At least i got a 79 out of sympathy, thats pretty cool =-)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
pissed at my 89 for maths
pissed at my 40/50 for m ext 1
pissed at my 79 in geog
pissed at my 68 in phys
do i need to explain further?

blue16

HSC
N/A
One mark off band 6 for geography. School has never ever had a band 6 in geography. Happy, but annoyed.

MATT-EMATICS

tennis ace
HSC
Just a few more marks!!!!!!!

Very annoyed at:

89 for chemistry
89 for physics
88 for geo, and
87 for eng adv
and band 6 in the others. If i could,ve got but a few more measly marks
in my subjects above i would,ve done so much better. Maybe even a Premiers Award.
Grrrrrrrrr!!!!

Lexie1001

HSC
ipt - 94 overall, 94 internal and 94 external, im happy with it but i was hoping for >97 since i've been 1st in class since yr 11 and not got less than 96 in any assessment. oh well at least its over now...ipt was a shitty exam though, i found it really hard and thought i was gonna fail wen i came on bos and saw everyone saying how easy it was, so im not going to complain about it too much.

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
Business studies, all year i got marks of 90-100% and my internal assessmt mark was 93ish and i ended up getting 85. EIGHTY FIVE!!!! that's a very very big difference. After the results came out my teacher goes to me "congratulations, but i thought you'd get a band 6..." yeah thanx, so did i.... lol, it was my best subject and i got the 2nd worst result for it!!! Its a crazy crazy world....

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just annoyed at my subjects which I got 88 (business) and 89 (eco and english adv) in... If I had put in that tinsy bit more effort I might've gotten an award. The teachers at school all seemed to know I got 89 >__>

But in the end, I'm grateful that I have a UAI high enough to get into my desired course (hopefully)- B Comm at UNSW.

dayvo1

stupid chem n maths!!

I hate Maths Adv, by the end of the year we ran out of time n wasn't even taught about that e letter and all that log cos and sin crap (the homework sheets did not help without explinations).....lucky it didnt count but my s#itty chem mark did.......4 of my teachers quit 2 months befor my exams (one had cancer, two left cause of stress, and the other took long service leave).....casual teachers suck dick...whoops is it leagal to swear on ere?

Danoz The Great

HSC
General maths - thought I'd get about 95 in the exam but my exam mark was 88. I know that isn't the raw mark, but if I am right about getting a 95 it must have scaled really bad.

But disappointed with my mark of 82 in Legal too.

But I still get excellent marks in other subjects I thought I was bound to fail - evetything was band 4 and above, so I couldn't ask for more.

sydneyphoenix

HSC
N/A
You shouldn't have taken Chemistry so seriously.
When assessment mark came out in term three, I knew I had no chance at that subject (I won't reveal the rank or raw assessment average mark).
So I didn't study at all for it-until the day before the exam-and still got higher mark in exam than assessment. Fair dinkum.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
It seems that at some schools- teachers inflate their students marks and thus raise their expectations only to leave them broken after the HSC marks come out. >__> How demoralising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)