• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which Subjects Will You Be Doing? (1 Viewer)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
pLuvia said:
Wow, are you guys allowed 14 units in year 11? Maximum was 12 units for us. But Good luck future year 11s :D All the best
At my old school i was going to do 16 units:
Adv English
English Ext
Maths Adv
Maths Ext 1
Business Studies
Chem
Physics
Biology
Aviation TVET Holiday Course AAFC Camden

One of my friends is doing 15 units because he was offered the Aviation course.

Most selective schools only allow you to do a max of 12 units and some of them put extension subjects in the subject lines GRRR
Now im doing
Adv English
Ext 1 English
Mahts Adv
Maths ext 1
Chem
Phy
Modern History

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Why would you want to do 16 units in year 11? it's a hell of a work load

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
My year advisor told me to pick up as many subjects as i could during yr 11 and then drop atleast 2 units. I was going to drop atleast 2 units in the fisrst few weeks of school anyway. But now i've changed schools and can only do a maximum of 12 units.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
hmm why did u change schools? and what school did u go to before?
My old school Richmond High is the worst school in the hawkesbury district and cane 2nd last out of two districts(18 schools) and only 1 person got over 90 out of 350 or so exams sat and the highest UAI was in the 80's and the average uai was in th 60's to low 70's. I applied for penrith high(selective) and i got in. But im scared, that i'll get crap rankings and find it difficult to catch up. Do u think i should of stayed at my old school were i was ranked 1st for all of my subjects except for maths.

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you are prepared to put the effort in and do extremely well during years 11 and 12 then you can gain the ranks that you had at your old school. And even if you don't gain the ranks that you had at your old school, performance at a selective school is usually better than other schools so if you can get into the top ranks, then you should be able to come off with a nice UAI.

dan_ster

HSC
Thanks for that, Webby...so how does the whole mock trial process work?

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Biology
Chemistry
Advanced English
English Extension
Maths 3 Unit
French (continuers)
Modern History

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Wooz said:
My old school Richmond High is the worst school in the hawkesbury district and cane 2nd last out of two districts(18 schools) and only 1 person got over 90 out of 350 or so exams sat and the highest UAI was in the 80's and the average uai was in th 60's to low 70's. I applied for penrith high(selective) and i got in. But im scared, that i'll get crap rankings and find it difficult to catch up. Do u think i should of stayed at my old school were i was ranked 1st for all of my subjects except for maths.
High ranking in a crap school vs. High ranking in a selective. Which is better? ;)

Ok ok you might say that you'd be all behind and stuff, but hey, if you do put in effort, you're not gonna get a bad ranking in the end :) You've got in, haven't you? That means you'd do fine in there, or else why would they accept you? :p

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, 14 units is going to be a lot of work, and I intend on getting rid of 2 units if things are too much, and perhaps loosing another 2 at the start of year 12. It's hard though because I think I will enjoy most of them

thecan

HSC
13U (prelim)

2U English (adv)
3U Maths
2U Chemistry
2U Physics
2U Economics
2U Geography

the plan at this stage is to drop Geography in year 12 and go with 11 Units, although thats just the plan, who knows what will happen throughout the year to change my mind.

HSC
shinji said:
u WILL be bombarded wi th assessments and assignments and all the like as the school will try to fit a 4 term course into 3 terms .. very painful!
ahh...no wonder i thought the workload was rather heavy. already. darn.

english + ext1
maths + ext1

economics
studies of religion (2u)
design and tech.

superficiality

HSC
3u English
3u Maths
2u Drama
2u French
2u Economics

i'm curious who might be doing the same subjects as me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)