Which Uni/College??? (1 Viewer)

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
Hi people I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before in an existing thread (because I seen it somewhere)...but I have no idea where to look since no thread has a title associated with this topic.

anyways, just wondering if anyone know of the "good" Uni/Colleges for arts??
Cos I been looking around and realised there's like many Unis and colleges offering similar courses...

there has to be ones which are pro-er than others???

s1mplykat

HSC
you should ask your career advisor for the jobjuide 2006 book or just come uni undergraduate course booklets.. anyway,

im sure you've heard of COFA? its quite popular i think.
UNSW
college of fine arts
(COFA is the only art and design school in Australia to offer the broadest range of subjects that include the traditional areas of painting, drawing, sculpture, printmaking and ceramics through to cutting edge courses in Time-based art and digital media.)

the uai cut off is around 75-85.. it varies if you wanna do a degree in fine arts or a degree in art theory/social science and so forth..

jazzmuzik

HSC
Hey cbadvanced,
I'm actually sudying in yr 11 and we've just returned from our uni crawl. I've gathered a bit of info on the different universities and art colleges.

As mentioned b4 COFA is a top choice (part of UNSW, but located at a different campus near the city). Theres also SCA (Sydney College of the Arts) which is COFA's equivalent but part of the University of Sydney where they offer a Bach. of Visual arts they dont have a set UAI but it is based on interview and portfolio, UAI is considered. there's also good but less specific courses at Wollongong University where they offer a Bach. of Creative arts (where you can choose your subjects including visual arts and graphic design) also based on interview and portfolio. Newcastle university also has some good art courses.
If your interested in broader creative universities and colleges there are some great courses for design at UTS or a private college called the Whitehouse institute of design in sydney that offers a number of diplomas. I've also chatted to a few people who always recomend TAFEs to gain experience and general skills.
Try looking these places up on the web. hope this helps!

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
If you're in Sydney and interested in doing a Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Fine Art.... Sydney Gallery School (Meadowbank TAFE) is the way to go! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)