Which uni is the best for engineering? (1 Viewer)

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
im tossing between either university of nsw or uni of tech, i heard syd was bad! im planning to do either mechatronics or bach of engineering/master in biomedical (Combined Course)

Someone show me the light!

peter2

Banned
HSC
id say UTS engineering. Way better den USYD which is not reknown for engineering. UNSW is probs the second best. the best thing about UTS engineering is you get a full year of work expo(internship which is paid) whereas UNSW has just 3 months i think. Both are good and really easy to get into anyways. It's just a matter of getting there I guess and which uni you would prefer

shanenjesse4eva

HSC
ive heard that newie university goes alrite...they have heaps of courses to do with engineering....

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
UTS Offfers good work experience ie interships and engineering firms in the 21th Century are looking for people with experience - i read this somewhere not from MUSK oh yea UTS got 1st in best faculty for engineering UNSW only got awards for best students - That doesn't prove anything, just by luck maybe that year their students perform well!

2syllables

Dango Daikazoku
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Musk is in the pay of UTS to promote it?
and if he was really? i've already done my research and talked to people and i concluded that university of tech syd is best for me which might not be good for other people so do your research however, i see numerous advantage of engineering in uts than other universities!!!! and im not getting paid by UTS

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
2syllables said:
and if he was really? i've already done my research and talked to people and i concluded that university of tech syd is best for me which might not be good for other people so do your research however, i see numerous advantage of engineering in uts than other universities!!!! and im not getting paid by UTS
He's biased moron. Surely you must've recognised that.

I also see that you're an idiot. We don't like idiots here in this forum.

Cam-C

HSC
hey guys,
i'm thinking of doing engineering next year and i did a bit of research myself as to what would best suit me. i thought i'd share what i found out, in the hope i can help a few of you.

there are a number of rankings of world universities such as:
Shanghai Jiao Tong University's academic ranking of world universities
Times Higher Education Supplement World Rankings

But the following link is to a report by the melbourne institute as to the rankings of all australian tertiary education centres based on opinion of graduate employers and results for each discipline.

http://www.melbourneinstitute.com/publications/reports/dr_aus_uni/Paper_Rating.pdf

the following two pages are the engineering results

Page 12 has a table showing opinion based on a survey of overseas and local graduate employers
Page 29 has a table showing results based on:
publications and citations in Thomson Scientific, academy membership, ARC and NHMRC grants, doctoral completions, entrance scores, student evaluations on graduation (CEQ), and staff-student ratios.

UMelb, USyd and UNSW all rank very highly.

i've decided to apply through VTAC for a new program beginning at melbourne uni next year.

instead of doing a traditional engineering course for four years. you do a 3yr bachelor of science course which leads into a 2yr master of engineering degree. In my case i'll major my science degree in Civil Systems and then major my master's degree in Structural.

i'm also going to apply through UAC for my Local Uni (Newcastle) just incase i don't get the UAI i need. but also so that (hopefully) i'll receive two offers, and i can then decide whether or not i want to actually move to melbourne without the pressure of knowing the HSC is 7 weeks away ( is anyone else counting ? )

there's more info about the melbourne courses on their site http://www.unimelb.edu.au

has anyone else thought of melbourne or RMIT ?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ask yourself this question - which uni has the best engineering faculty in australia? and if you are not sure, google it up. hint: it's located at kensington.

and then ask yourself, do you want the best? or 2nd or 3rd best?

thehootman

HSC
Look. Its like the car industry: Ford or Holden? Ok, statistically, Holden have one the Bathurst way more times that Ford, but the Fords have higher build quality and cheaper spare parts. However, you cant go wrong with an XR8 or SS. I really dont think there is that much difference. I will be going to whoever offers me a COOP scholarship, in which there is copious amounts of industry experience.

nayyarv

His Holiness
HSC
UNSW is the best university for engineering, accepted by most teachers

my engineering teacher used to be the chief examiner (senior most position for the subject, like head honcho of BOS engineering) for the old engineering course for 12 years (maximimum tenure), and he told me if i wanted to do engineering, i shud go to UNSW

Apparently it has been ranked like 15th in the world for engineerng or thereabouts

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
nayyarv said:
my engineering teacher used to be the chief examiner (senior most position for the subject, like head honcho of BOS engineering)...
yet he prefers to teach, instead of sitting in his office doing nuttah all day and gets paid heaps more, interesting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)