Which uni is the best for engineering? (1 Viewer)

HSC
well just for my 2c i would like to put in that i have always been told that uow is good for mechanical and materials due to bluescope steel and the cadetships they offer of course i am biast :)

hurikai

boredofposting
HSC
Hey guys, what about the UNSW co-op..

I figure I can probably make it in if it's not a particularly difficult scholarship (correct me if I'm wrong). Co-ops give work experience too, so how do you reckon they rank against UTS internships?

If UNSW co-op = UTS internship I'm going with UNSW.

btw - what's this about UTS co-ops?

Trajan

HSC
wuddie said:
ask yourself this question - which uni has the best engineering faculty in australia? and if you are not sure, google it up. hint: it's located at kensington.

?

It wouldn't happen to be UNSW now would it? ;)

How can you clowns even compare UTS Engineering to UNSW?

da FCUK outta here UTS hacks.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
nayyarv said:
UNSW is the best university for engineering, accepted by most teachers

my engineering teacher used to be the chief examiner (senior most position for the subject, like head honcho of BOS engineering) for the old engineering course for 12 years (maximimum tenure), and he told me if i wanted to do engineering, i shud go to UNSW

Apparently it has been ranked like 15th in the world for engineerng or thereabouts

tylerjames333

HSC
I have a question, how do you guys rate Newcastle uni? any good?

peace.

wh1tney

HSC
Go to a overseas one......MIT? Massachusetts Institute of Technology if u can get into it.

UNSW has the largest engineering faculity in Australia btw.... IMO i'd rather go to UNSW than UTS

indianboy

HSC
N/A
hmm...so UTS is the best uni for engineering??... i dnt kno ppl tell me diff.. stff. sum1 told me USYD was best....

plzz.. sum1 tell me wot uni is best for engineering???

:(

vinip

HSC
So lets break it down, if ur in sudney the best is UNSW and UTS, ppl say Sydney is good cause of its rep but ask most students the uni doesnt give a shit about its engineering students more worried bout the doctors and lawyer and Art students. And yes we could apply overseas to MIT which would be difficult to get into and theres no HECS.

So Lets look at the front Runners UTS and UNSW both great in their own respects. Now you have 2 ask would you rather do a 4 yr degree then do another psot grad or even do a double degree in 5 years, OR do a straight 5 yr where you would come out with one bachelor and one diploma. Yes the dipolma is experince in the industry, but after your 4 yr degree you could get the same experince. the rest is jst relative on what you want to do.

Just a last point. A family friend who completed his degree in civil engineering is now a project mager after 1 year out of uni earning 100 grand and you kno wat uni he went to West Sydney. He got to be there by talking to people and getting connections. So as engineers its about gettin out ther and meeting people, cause realy the world NEEDS US fuck every other profession!

AMEN

00iCon

HSC
I'm defribbing this and saying USyd is the best because it offers the Engineering (Space) degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)