which uni? (1 Viewer)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
msh said:
I want to get into Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication/International Studies @ UTS and the cut-off for that this year was 97.95 and in the past it had gone all the way up to 99 in 2005.
Hahahaha, you mean 91.70. Go check out UAC.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
anywhere with a bowl of rice and chopsticks in han
HSC
LottoX said:
The Law building at UNSW is pretty cool, but it looks like it was designed by someone on acid.
LOL but i like it.

btw lotto, how the hell do you study for jap extension?!?!?!

im so over jap so if international studies is on the horizon for me i'd do chinese. aah back to the good old days of saturday chinese school.

GO UNSW!!

steffiduck

HSC
for the sake of family/tradition/etc, Usyd either doing education or commerce

however i'd prefer to do commerce at MacU

but i'm much more into primary education than accounting (accounting is just to get my mother off my back more than anything else, as she believes a teacher's pay is crap... id be a pretty crap accountant if i didn't like my job)

kenny156

Zoidberg Rocks!
HSC
I too want to do Law and would love to go to USYD but doubt I'll get the UAI lol. My preference is to do Communications (Journalism)/Law, and for that reason, I rule out my home Uni Newy because I have heard that :
"nothing good comes out of Communications at Newcastle".
I like UTS so maybe there. Haven't looked at UNSW or ANU might check them out now...

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
steffiduck said:
for the sake of family/tradition/etc, Usyd either doing education or commerce

however i'd prefer to do commerce at MacU

but i'm much more into primary education than accounting (accounting is just to get my mother off my back more than anything else, as she believes a teacher's pay is crap... id be a pretty crap accountant if i didn't like my job)
I hope your parents are paying your fees, because there would be no way I would do a uni course just because my parents wanted me to and on top of that it was going on HECs. It's your life and you are going to do the study and the job for 10+ years at least so you should do something you like/enjoy not want your parents want, they should support whatever decision you make.

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Only in european and asian countries?
well they have asian studies and european studies???
you might wanna check on the site.

but for the "studying abroad" part of it they said "our students have studies in countries as diverse as canada, china, england, france, germany, greece, holland, japan, south ameria, spain, taiwan and the united states."

so i dunno.
i kinda have my heart set on taiwan so i'd have no idea about the other options.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
I have my heart set on the US. [NYC, most preferably]
But I could also do this at UTS. Oh, I'm so confused
UTS is the bomb yo
cum to UTS :)

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
HSC
well you could also do it at uts.
but unsw has meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
but at uts you can do a double degree with it.
i think you can't do international studies by itself at uts.
but hey it's your decision gangles.

[ps. i just finished my english essay. hurrah!!:D]

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
alright ill be serious

other than UTS, which other uni do you want to do international studies in?
you could ask for some advice from other people at different unis and see what they think of the study abroad exchange program
that should hopefully clear your mine up as to which uni you want to go to

zangetsu.xo

BANGSAT LOOO
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Yes a double degree is so very appealing to me - go UTS!
But UNSW will have you, but you could also come to UTS to be with meeeeeee

P.S. yay! Now put it away in your bag little one!
yeah i was thinking of a uts double before.
but i love unsw.
so im sold.
but come to the open days and it'll help you make up your mind.
remember - unsw is always a valid option!

ps. will do. ^^
now im off to bed. nighty night.

JJV

HSC
lol....
I wanna go to Macquarie Uni to do the accountant and finance courses.
But Syd. Uni, UNSW & UTS r also awesome.

I need around 90 of UAI 2 go there.
Wish me luck & good luck for u 2. :wave:

msh

HSC
msh said:
um.. what's so funny? :confused::confused:

Just because the course may not appeal to you doesn't mean you have the right to be intolerant and disrespect it.
I want to get into Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication/International Studies @ UTS and the cut-off for that this year was 97.95 and in the past it had gone all the way up to 99 in 2005. Same goes with Fashion Design/International Studies @ UTS (99 in 2003) and Interior Design is very high as well. (94~97ish)
So.. I don't get what's so funny about us aspiring to get into these high cut-off courses........Obviously we aren't alone considering how popular these courses are.
subjectiv said:
Hahahaha, you mean 91.70. Go check out UAC.
No.. Design Vis Comm/International Studies @ UTS was 99 in 2005. (Just double checked in my 2006 UAC guide with black cover and surrealistic painting)

You are talking about 2006.

2004 98.75
2005 99
2006 91.7
2007 97.95

As you can see, 2006 was just an extremely lucky year. I guess most ppl were too scared to put it in since it was 99 the previous year. :eek:

Either way, what's with the 'hahaha'? :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

msh

HSC
LottoX said:
I wonder what was with the anomaly in 2006
this is my assumption but i think maybe ppl were freaked out at the high cut-off that people didn't bother even attempting for it. lol

Or.. 2006 was the year when UTS started accepting DFEE/Full Fee paying students like other unis (prior to this UTS only accepted CSP only) and I guess that made it lose a bit of its prestige/exclusivity? :confused:

just my assumption. lol

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
msh said:
um.. what's so funny? :confused::confused:

Just because the course may not appeal to you doesn't mean you have the right to be intolerant and disrespect it.
I want to get into Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication/International Studies @ UTS and the cut-off for that this year was 97.95 and in the past it had gone all the way up to 99 in 2005. Same goes with Fashion Design/International Studies @ UTS (99 in 2003) and Interior Design is very high as well. (94~97ish)
So.. I don't get what's so funny about us aspiring to get into these high cut-off courses........Obviously we aren't alone considering how popular these courses are.
Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm not being intolerant. I'm not disrespecting it. You're just taking what I say way too seriously. Please remember that not everything that I post is serious, and is never meant to be taken that way. I'm just laughing at the concept of the course - sure, it may be a high cutoff, but it's just funny to me that you can study fashion design at uni.

msh

HSC
bringbackshred said:
Whoa whoa whoa.

I'm not being intolerant. I'm not disrespecting it. You're just taking what I say way too seriously. Please remember that not everything that I post is serious, and is never meant to be taken that way. I'm just laughing at the concept of the course - sure, it may be a high cutoff, but it's just funny to me that you can study fashion design at uni.
ok.... well i just wanted to defend myself and Gangles.McGee as we are interested in getting in and we have high hopes for it as much as lets say someone who really wants to do Law/commerce.

Just for your information, many internationally famous fashion designers have bachelor's degree in fashion design.
John Galliano (Dior, self-titled brand) , Vivien Westwood, Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs (LV, MJ), Christopher Bailey (Burberry) etc....

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
msh said:
ok.... well i just wanted to defend myself and Gangles.McGee as we are interested in getting in and we have high hopes for it as much as lets say someone who really wants to do Law/commerce.

Just for your information, many internationally famous fashion designers have bachelor's degree in fashion design.
John Galliano (Dior, self-titled brand) , Vivien Westwood, Anna Sui, Marc Jacobs (LV, MJ), Christopher Bailey (Burberry) etc....
Interesting... I put it in the same category as music really... You don't need it to be successful at your job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)