• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

which uni's give exemptions with getting in Uni a with advanced diploma?? (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

little-rat-boi said:
hey ppl again,

i've rethinked on what to do and have chosen to do SIBT, with the 70% cert offer.

I am doing it as im always going to regret it if i dont do it, so im going to give it a go and im enrolling tomorrow (thursday).

hehe just thought i'd give you guys an update
Good show.

Can you just clarify what you have to do and when?

It's all hazy in the board dialogue, and I'd like to know about the details incase I ever get asked.

HSC
Well, tomorrow morning i'm going to Martin College to Stop my enrolment, then straight from there i'll go to SIBT and accept the offer they gave me as well as pay, then i will probly start on the day as i've already a week and abit of classes

so i wanted to get direct entry into diploma at SIBT and i didnt get offered it, they offered me Cert 4 70% offer in stead...in which i was still enrolled at martin with half of my advanced diploma finished.. so i had to choose between doin that not gurantee'in (sorry bout the spelling not bothered lol) me a position at MACQ if i stay at martin.. or going to SIBT n startin all over again with no exemptions n which i finish next year and start at MACQ uni in july 2006 2nd year...

so yeah i first chose to stick with martin.. but now i've chosen to do the cert 4 SIBT and i've just stopped my enrolment with martin so i can go back to finish it when i want too..

i hope that answers everythin lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Good luck with your choice (although it might seem we were 'persuasive' :p )

Im sure you could probably get some help from some subjects from the Macquarie Uni forums :)

X

xeuyrawp

little-rat-boi said:
i've just stopped my enrolment with martin so i can go back to finish it when i want too..l
Really? That's good, incase it doesn't work out with Macq.

You'll enjoy Macquarie, it's a nice place:D

(What a faggy comment:p)

HSC
you ppl are funny...

well i have done 2 days of SIBT so far and ... SIBT beats martin hands down... the quality of teaching is what i like the most, the students are more than 90% international which sucks, because it makes it harder for me to make friends with them.. and yeah only thing that annoys me is .. i have no friends, i dont know what the hell im doing becuase i was enrolled really late.. and yeah.. i'll see how next week goes.. i like the fact that im involved with macq uni.. i can use the library services and im with SAM and things like that its pretty cool..

so the positives of SIBT is:
- teaching
- associated to macq
- i get all these things, SAM card, diary, concession/student card.. lol
- the work given is more harder and actually makes me want to study (not like bludgy martin)
- uni style units

negatives
- an overload of international students
- its been 2days already and the teachers werent all that welcoming to me.. more like go sit there and thats it.. and they didnt give me any notes that i've missed or anything.. which sort of annoyed me..

so to conclude.. SIBT is pretty good.. maybe next week i will like it more than this week

i'll give u guys an update again soon
laterz

X

xeuyrawp

little-rat-boi said:
you ppl are funny...

well i have done 2 days of SIBT so far and ... SIBT beats martin hands down... the quality of teaching is what i like the most, the students are more than 90% international which sucks, because it makes it harder for me to make friends with them.. and yeah only thing that annoys me is .. i have no friends, i dont know what the hell im doing becuase i was enrolled really late.. and yeah.. i'll see how next week goes.. i like the fact that im involved with macq uni.. i can use the library services and im with SAM and things like that its pretty cool..

so the positives of SIBT is:
- teaching
- associated to macq
- i get all these things, SAM card, diary, concession/student card.. lol
- the work given is more harder and actually makes me want to study (not like bludgy martin)
- uni style units

negatives
- an overload of international students
- its been 2days already and the teachers werent all that welcoming to me.. more like go sit there and thats it.. and they didnt give me any notes that i've missed or anything.. which sort of annoyed me..

so to conclude.. SIBT is pretty good.. maybe next week i will like it more than this week

i'll give u guys an update again soon
laterz
Give us an update. How's everything going there?

HSC
Hello again ppl,

It has now been one and a half weeks at SIBT and its a little hectic with exams and so forth.... i had a maths exam today (3unit).. im not to fond of maths..
and i think i failed it (worth 6%) .. :( .. im too shy to ask my maths lecturer questions becuase the test was really simple.. but i had done general in high school and the difference is like learning a new language.. and yeah.. i know i failed that exam.. but the other units im fine with.. computers, accounting and communcations.. just maths is scaring me.. i need 70% overall in these units to make it too diploma.. any help with how to deal with this maths issue will help greatly..

general maths to 3unit.. doesnt go too well .. and i think the lecturer thinks im a loser not knowing how to do anything in the exam, leaving out questions etc..

what should i do.. any help will be great.. and yeah still no friends yet.. but ohwell

X

xeuyrawp

little-rat-boi said:
Hello again ppl,

It has now been one and a half weeks at SIBT and its a little hectic with exams and so forth.... i had a maths exam today (3unit).. im not to fond of maths..
and i think i failed it (worth 6%) .. :( .. im too shy to ask my maths lecturer questions becuase the test was really simple.. but i had done general in high school and the difference is like learning a new language.. and yeah.. i know i failed that exam.. but the other units im fine with.. computers, accounting and communcations.. just maths is scaring me.. i need 70% overall in these units to make it too diploma.. any help with how to deal with this maths issue will help greatly..

general maths to 3unit.. doesnt go too well .. and i think the lecturer thinks im a loser not knowing how to do anything in the exam, leaving out questions etc..

what should i do.. any help will be great.. and yeah still no friends yet.. but ohwell
With the maths thing- could you have done some sort of bridging course? 6% is not much at all, mate. If you can't find a macquarie bridging course, you might have to get some outside tutoring, or something. I can't help you with it, I got 34 in year 11 maths, (I changed it to 84 on the piece of paper:D) but did well in everything else.

Anyway, try a bridging course or tutoring or something.

With the friends thing, just try to talk to people, but you may find it harder because of the non-Australian population.

I'm at uni in a month, and you're welcome to come chat with me and my friends, you just need to stick in there and hit the maths hard:)

HSC
thanks dude..

i got an exam tomorrow (wednesday).. an essay on communication worth 10%.. im working my butt off..

when does macq uni start for everyone?? im scared its going to be so packed and my dad is getting me a car so i can drive there and back instead of catching 2 trains and a bus.. is there always a parking spot or is it always FULL parking??

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)