• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Which upcoming movies do u want to see? (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Notice the stark contradiction in the words of el la Loz? "Vanity Fair" - as an anticipated film for he/she to see in the future - exactly what I said - Yet, still remains under the impression that there is nothing in common in relation to opinions. *sigh* I'd bet Loz replies with yet another "When will you get it" comment, or something related. :rolleyes:

Anyway. The acclaimed "Angels In America", although a TV Mini-series, is something that i am eagerly awaiting. Meryl Streep, Justin Kirk, Mary Louise Parker, Al Pacino, et al - you cant go wrong! Especially when youve won 5 Golden Globes, and two Screen Actors Guild awards and seen as a TV Movie that could win quite a few Emmy Awards, and break the record set by "Roots". It will air on the ABC (which amazes me! In a good way). An airing date is still to be set though.

Other TV Movies I'd like to see include Iron Jawed Angels (Hilary Swank, Frances O'Conner, et al) and Prime Suspect (Helen Mirren).

Actual Theatrical releases - Colatteral, Birth, The Steoford Wives, et al.

FiReStArTeR

I'm gona go see Van Helseng on saturday, anyone seen it and thought it was good? movie show reckoned it had too much material and not enough done with it therefore making it cgi crap. I wanna see the 3rd in the star wars prequals and see how well cgi can screw up a good thing...again...like the matrix.

teh winnar!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Nate Berkus
Notice the stark contradiction in the words of el la Loz? "Vanity Fair" - as an anticipated film for he/she to see in the future - exactly what I said - Yet, still remains under the impression that there is nothing in common in relation to opinions. *sigh*
NO I THINK TEH POINT IS YOU SOUND LIKE A TOTAL JERK WHO PLAYS HIDE THE POTATO WITH ALAN JONES

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by teh winnar!
NO I THINK TEH POINT IS YOU SOUND LIKE A TOTAL JERK WHO PLAYS HIDE THE POTATO WITH ALAN JONES
I agree completely.

All I said was I wanted to see the film. I didn't give an entire fucking list of WHY and who's in it and blah blah blah.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
By providing details on the film, i am affirming my decision to include "said film" as one i am anticipating.

And I'm being a jerk? Pfft! Loz, one who disregards my opinion - and whilst doesnt chose to accept it, creates the decision for others, including them in her opinion against mine. Fascinating, Really.

On an unrelated note - Angelfire ate my siggie!

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Colatteral trailer is out, and I'm officially not going to see it. It looks very dark, and its about Tom Cruise (My Favorite Actor) in a taxi, with Jamie Foxx as his driver, shooting people.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
And I'm being a jerk? Pfft! Loz, one who disregards my opinion - and whilst doesnt chose to accept it, creates the decision for others, including them in her opinion against mine. Fascinating, Really.
I accepted your opinions, the first 20 times you posted. Then it just got arrogant and obviously people agree with me, so I don't see why you just can't accept it.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ask yourself that very question.
Accept what? That some arrogant moron prances around acting like he knows all and everything? No thank you.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Colatteral trailer is out, and I'm officially not going to see it. It looks very dark, and its about Tom Cruise (My Favorite Actor) in a taxi, with Jamie Foxx as his driver, shooting people.
i don't understand you, you seem to want to appear like a real movie buff, with elite taste and all that.. yet Tom Cruise is your favourite actor

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Tom is my favorite actor by way of, Rain Man, The Last Samurai, Jerry Maguire and Born on the Fourth of July for which he was robbed of an Academy Award for, by Tom Hanks. Other Than Jerry Maguire, My favorite and probably his 2nd best was in Magnolia, where he was truly phenomenal, and was again robbed by Sir Michael Caine. I enjoy Tom's work immensely, hence the term "favorite".

My opinion of the Best Actor in Hollywood, would have to be Daniel Day Lewis, and even though he has only done a handful of films, his attitude, performance, and choice of roles makes him utterly admirable, and truly great. Did you know that he stays in character for the entire duration of a filming process? Costume, accent, character persona, etc. For example, Gangs Of New York - he dressed like Bill, spoke like Bill, and did not associate with anyone on the cast in a non-bill way, except for Martin Scorsese.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Accept what? That some arrogant moron prances around acting like he knows all and everything? No thank you.
My God, the tautology in that sentence! Anyway, if I know something about a film, i will share it - i have dedicated alot of my pasttimes to studying trends, films, politics behind films, etc.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its a public msgboard, if anyone wants to share what they know, then I don't see whats so wrong about that. Sure, he may say abit too much sometimes buts its hardly reptitive and is always in the right forum (entertainment). It isnt spam either. The post is there, and some people are interested to know, so if anyone doesnt wanna listen to a "knowitall", then ignore it. Its about sharing opinions and information and nobody expects anybody to be interested in everything that everyone says. (gee, that was a confusing sentence.lol) i personally dont care much about the oscars or hanson but i ignore the long oscars posts and read what I like. simple.

Last edited:

stamos

sellout
HSC
by the way you all know nothing about movies
I don't? I work in blockbuster and have seen tons of movies, and i reckon you've got awful taste. Like who the fuck thinks winona ryder and tom cruise are good actors? They've been responsible for horrific things like cocktail and reality bites. Thanks for your imput, queer eye for the bad films guy.

Of course, by bad films, i mean: FABULOUS MOVIES DAHLING! :rolleyes:

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Um, first of all - i didnt say that.

Second of all - WInona Ryder is an asset to the Film Industry. If you didnt get Reality Bites, fine. She was sensational in Mermaid, Little Women, et al. She mastered subtelty in The Age Of Innocence, etc etc.

If you work at Cockbuster, so what? I have Cable TV and i get to see plenty of movies...your point? What exactly makes my taste awful, considering i only liked 4 films made last year - Robert Altman's "The Company", Alexandro Gonzales Innauratu's "21 Grams", Clint Eastwood's "Mystic River" and Sofia Coppola's "Lost In Translation". Out of all the films made last year, only 4 films released last year, i actually liked. Those four films (and i dont want to sound snobbish) out of all the trash? I dont think I have bad taste, nor do i think many at this forum do. If I see a person who gave Starsky and Hutch or Bad Boys 2 an A+, then I'd question the taste of that particular interview. Like Sarah said, if you dont like my opinion - dont read it!

And Queer Eye? Im not gay, dude!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
If by "knowing something about movies", you mean "being able to rattle off lists of facts and dates for no other reason than to show off," then I disagree. I believe that's called "being an arrogant fuck."
I believe a lot of people here know about movies (take me, for example. Yeah I read up on these things too. That's right. I do know what I'm talking about as well). They just don't feel the need to demonstrate it every single post like you.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
The only reason i post the way i do, is force of habit - visit www.goldderbyforums.com and you will see the posting styles there. I picked up that style of writing, and having detail inclusive descriptions. I rarely visit there now though.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've been visiting gold derby forums for like 2 years now. No, they don't post like you do. Why would they feel the need to rattle off facts that everyone there already knows?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its not a competition to see who knows the most about every single movie ever made. You shouldnt assume that someone thinks they know everything because this is the internet and the tone of a post is not always what is intended. I have hardly noticed condescending tones and from what I can gather, the only hints that is making everyone write off Nate as an "arrogant fuck" or "knowitall" is the extensive details and facts that are included in the posts. It is information and he is sharing it for those who want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)