Which would be more helpful: prepare a variety of extended responses, or...? (1 Viewer)

Ethanescence

HSC
N/A
Study ALL issues/topics briefly and have an essay outline for each (rather than preparing several in-depth) in preparation of the extended responses?

For example either:

1) Write a whole essay, with statistics, relevant information, analysis, conclusion, etc.

OR

2) Outline the structure for an essay, with only essential statistics and just identifying the main issues.

Hints/tips from past students are appreciated.

Generally, what sort of preparation helped you best for your extended responses in the trials (and HSC for past students)?

Last edited:

roli

HSC
Doing the HSC next week, but from what I've observed, it's best to memorise a whole range of statistics, gain a general understanding of the topics that are likely to be included in ext response, and then integrate both in your essays on the exam day. Cbf making a prac essay in other words, the opportunity cost isn't worth it when considering the variety of questions the HSC could ask that may not fit your prepared essay.

Leo Vanguard

Hur Dur
HSC
Do outlines, its what I'm doing. As long as you understand what you are writing, you are writing essay plans (saving yourself time in the exam, just remember the suitable outline depending on the question) - so you are easily adaptable in the exam, rather than trying to cram a well written (but inappropriate to the question) essay.

Last edited:

mrhorseham

HSC
Doing the HSC next week, but from what I've observed, it's best to memorise a whole range of statistics, gain a general understanding of the topics that are likely to be included in ext response, and then integrate both in your essays on the exam day. Cbf making a prac essay in other words, the opportunity cost isn't worth it when considering the variety of questions the HSC could ask that may not fit your prepared essay.
hahaha, using economics terminology, well done i say! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)