White noise. (1 Viewer)

ShadowLighte

HSC
It's basically a combination of all frequencies of sound which creates that tv static sound. It's said to assist in sleep, studying and soothing migraines apparently as well as a multitude of other uses. So have you used it? Thoughts?

When I had insomnia I used to have a lot of those ambience apps with the sound of rain and whatnot to help me sleep and white noise never really did anything but everyone's different. In some instances I feel dizzy when I listen to it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
It's basically a combination of all frequencies of sound which creates that tv static sound. It's said to assist in sleep, studying and soothing migraines apparently as well as a multitude of other uses. So have you used it? Thoughts?

When I had insomnia I used to have a lot of those ambience apps with the sound of rain and whatnot to help me sleep and white noise never really did anything but everyone's different. In some instances I feel dizzy when I listen to it.
Yes. I think it's annoying as hell.

iStudent

HSC
I'm not sure if this is white noise, but all I set the fan to full blast and turn it away from me when I sleep. Produces this whizzing sound.
It's better than hearing the constant chatter of people in the dining room, lol (so yes it helps!)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
the russians used to play white noise and broadcast it and so the enemy though it was some secret communication but it was just mumbo jumbo. what does that tell you? :p

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Listening to white noise has never helped me to sleep, would be interested to know of people whom it has helped though:)

ShadowLighte

HSC
I'm not sure if this is white noise, but all I set the fan to full blast and turn it away from me when I sleep. Produces this whizzing sound.
Hm, I guess it could be.

the russians used to play white noise and broadcast it and so the enemy though it was some secret communication but it was just mumbo jumbo. what does that tell you? :p
LOL, I never knew that. But I can see what you mean xD

Listening to white noise has never helped me to sleep, would be interested to know of people whom it has helped though:)
So would I. Has it helped you to do anything else though?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I thought we were talking about the novel by Don Delillo for a moment...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

It does not help with anything.

Its so annoying.

Worst thing is when other people don't hear it and think there is something wrong with your hearing when you tell them to kill the power to something, etc.

Newer tv screens and computers don't have white noise associated with them.

As for phones, they don't give off white noise because their frequencies are too high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)