Whitehouse admits no WMD (1 Viewer)

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Yahoo! News

Whitehouse Press Secretary said:
Based on what we know today, the president would have taken the same action because this is about protecting the American people
What a load of crap.......if Saddam didn't have WMDs, exactly what threat did he pose to the American people?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Maybe the people of Iraq are classed as American citizens now. :p

CrashOveride

HSC
If Hussein ever did have any weapons, they wouldn't have invaded Iraq.

Of course, this thread is of no interest to people today.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Of course, this thread is of no interest to people today.
Funnily enough, this is of interest to many given the reasons for our government joining the US in the first place.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
Cactus said:
What a load of crap.......if Saddam didn't have WMDs, exactly what threat did he pose to the American people?
i dont think Iraq posed any threat to the Amercians...as my eco teacher said "it was all for the oil" I think Bush had no option but to divert people's attention frm its 'failed mission' in Afghanistan. Tho I must admit it was succesful in that respect.

But yeh the whole thing abt 'no WMDs' was pretty much predictable. It was gona come sooner or later.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
*points and laughs at all those who thought there were WMDs
like anyone cares anymore. that's the thing with all of us. we don't care cause our economy is sooo great :rolleyes:

ZabZu

HSC
What puzzles me is that if Iraq wasn't producing WMDs why would they expell the UN weapon inspectors in the late 1990s?

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
transcendent said:
*points and laughs at all those who thought there were WMDs
like anyone cares anymore. that's the thing with all of us. we don't care cause our economy is sooo great :rolleyes:
um if you happen to watch the news and the daily reports of 'civilians' dying in Iraq, im sure you'd care. I care because it was because of the whole WMD excuse that so many lives were lost duirng the course of 2 yrs. And to just go back on your words, its not about wot the US achieved down there, rather its about wot was the scope of the destruction which unfortunately is bound to stay alive in many memories frm now....

^___^
HSC
ZabZu said:
What puzzles me is that if Iraq wasn't producing WMDs why would they expell the UN weapon inspectors in the late 1990s?

if UN send weapon inspectors to any country in this world, i would assume majority of the countries would reject

Pace Setter

I remember them having aerial/satellite photography experts "confirming" the existence of the weapons. It'd be useful if those same experts told everyone what those coloured patches on the photos actually were, given that they've pretty much conceded they were incorrect in their original analysis.

CrashOveride

HSC
ZabZu said:
If the UN weapon inspectors arn't also present in Israel and arn't stirring things there, there is no reason for them to be in Iraq.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
danie said:
whether or not this is justification for iraq will only be seen in the future and not in the short term. afghanistan i would say was a success in that the taliban's militant stranglehold in the country has allowed them to actually vote for the first time.
um correct me if im wrong, but the whole point of US attacking afghanistan was to get Bin laden and his officials. That purpose is yet to be achieved. Yeh they HAVE got 'Taliban terrorists' in Guantanamo Bay (like Mr Habib?) but frankly these days im inclined to not even give a second thought to the American new's and their viewpoints.

danie said:
hussein was a tyrannical disctator. a fascist. he used the surplus ten million dollars plus gained from the un food for oil program to aid in strengthening his regime rather than food and medicine for his people. not to mention the mass graves of political opponents.
yeh and before the gulf war, Hussain and Bush's dad were all mates. I dont mean to justify Hussain's actions but all the sanctions that were imposed on Iraq have also cost a lot of lives what with the lack of medicial facilites in that country. I dont care whther Hussain was tyrannical or not (that is because I dont know who to beleive), but who gave Bush the authority to 'correct' and intervene in Iraq? If an international authority such as the UN was AGAINST the war, then that just says it all.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
the americans had a chance to arrest hussein in the early 90's yet chose instead to give him weapons that allowed him to invade Kuwait.......thats all ill say.....

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
danie said:
whether or not this is justification for iraq will only be seen in the future and not in the short term.
yeh definitely. in the future we will see precisely HOW much the US rebuilds the country's destruction that it caused. in the future, the world would have forgotten all the civilian' lives that were lost. It will be engrossed in hearing news of another terrorist country or tyrannical leader being 'corrected'.

Scanorama

HSC
The whitehouse, namely George W. Bush is full of shit. Only if they would listened to the United Nations at the first place.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I didn't agree with why they went to war - i.e. Oil, WMDs that clearly didn't exist, showng the world just how tough the are -- to finish what daddy started ultimatley

However, somethng did need to be done about Hussiens crimes against humanity, the blatant disreguard of his citizens basic human rights needed to end. They should have waited for the the UNs go ahead instead of acting as though America is a law unto itself, because I highly doubt they will be around to clean the place up -- they'll stay until it no longer serves their interests. And look at wha they're doing while they are there. Abu Gharib wasn't a once-off according to many insiders, just too bad they were caught and are now a scapegoat.

That all said, Bush is a fuckwit who deserves to have his balls ripped off by a bull mastiff with rabies.

Also Danie, your theory on Chamberlin is interesting, however, I doubt Hitler would take a little moron like Bush seriously... ;) But no, it does make you think, however, the circumstances are different, and we will never know.

danie

a fool
HSC
white rabbit you summed up what i wanted to say more articulately than i did.

hurrah for you.

p.s. i like zat wink [insert stereotypical french laugh]... :)

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
HSC
danie said:
i was never for the war but i was never entirely against it either. i did believe however that bush should have waited for the un's go ahead, his decision was rash as i pointed out in my prev. post. in the same breath i also pointed out the hypothetical view of whether bush or blair were in chemberlein's position in '39 would've hitler had the audacity to carry out his foreign policy.

i'm just shedding a different perspective to an otherwise very anti-bush debate.

many people forget that had we lived under saddam in iraq posting posts that are very anti-government, anti-authority, anti-political we would probably be killed.
We DONT live in Iraq and my point was not about freedom of speech or democray as we call it, that you're goin on about. And as for my posts, I dont see them as anti gov, I just see them as anti war. I hate people who start wars (whther they are Muslims or Americans or whatever) and I hate narcissists like Bush who think they can go and invade any country they like all in the name of 'fighting terrorism' when an international authority was AGAINST it. I highly respect the UN. But really the belated whitehouse admission that WMDS dont exist in Iraq made me very agnry not for Hussain but for all the innocent lives and homes that were lost. It is very sad that countries can use some 'petty' excuse to pursue their political agendas at the cost of many innocent lives.

As for your hypothesis, I think no one could have stopped Hitler from pursuing his goals. If UN couldnt stop Bush from invading Iraq then I dont think Bush or BLair could have stopped Hitler.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)