Whitehouse admits no WMD (1 Viewer)

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
White Rabbit said:
However, somethng did need to be done about Hussiens crimes against humanity, the blatant disreguard of his citizens basic human rights needed to end.
Shouldn't then something be done about the 50 yr human rights crimes that are occurring in the Indian occupied Kashmir, Palestine, Kosovo, Albania and many other countries. If you're telling me that America invaded Iraq FOR the interests of Iraqis...well I'd never buy that crap.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Shouldn't then something be done about the 50 yr human rights crimes that are occurring in the Indian occupied Kashmir, Palestine, Kosovo, Albania and many other countries. If you're telling me that America invaded Iraq FOR the interests of Iraqis...well I'd never buy that crap
Read my entire post sweetheart, and don't take out little bits and pieces and take what I say out of context. I cleary stated that I believe Bush went into the War for his own interests, mainly to gain control of the oil fields. The Iraqis may gain the revenue from the Oil, however they are hardly in control of the prices that they sell said oil. Since Iraq has the largest Oil Fields in the Middle East, Bush has effectivly gained control of said fields and the price at which they sell them, he is effectily over-ruling OPEC, something he has wanted for a long time now, and will eventually lower oil prices as nations within OPEC will be unable to compeat. That is why I believe they entered the war to begin with. They don't care about the suffering of the Palistinians because there is nothing in it for them. The have control over a nation in the middle east and are hoping said power will spread. Thats all there is to it.

HOWEVER. Hussien was violating his peoples basic human rights. I do not care if Iraq is not a signatory to the UN Charter or the Declaration of Human Rights, some things are just not acceptable no matter where you live or what you believe. Depravity on this level is one.

HOWEVER. I have a friend who has family and close friends in Iraq, all of whom say life wasn't so great under Hussien but at least they had essentials. Running water, Medical supplies etc. America, in their eyes, had made a bad situation hell. I see the good America, abeit accidently, did, and also how they fucked up what could have been a lasting alliance in the middle east. They fucked up a countrys chance at true freedom and they won't even take responsibility for that. Iraq is on the edge of Civil War and within 12 months the cycle will start again. Fundamentalists will take control and it will be back to how it all started...

Sad thing is, they blame Islam and Islam is it's purest form in one of the most peacefull reglions in the world..

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
White Rabbit said:
Read my entire post sweetheart, and don't take out little bits and pieces and take what I say out of context. I cleary stated that I believe Bush went into the War for his own interests, mainly to gain control of the oil fields. The Iraqis may gain the revenue from the Oil, however they are hardly in control of the prices that they sell said oil. Since Iraq has the largest Oil Fields in the Middle East, Bush has effectivly gained control of said fields and the price at which they sell them, he is effectily over-ruling OPEC, something he has wanted for a long time now, and will eventually lower oil prices as nations within OPEC will be unable to compeat. That is why I believe they entered the war to begin with. They don't care about the suffering of the Palistinians because there is nothing in it for them. The have control over a nation in the middle east and are hoping said power will spread. Thats all there is to it.

HOWEVER. Hussien was violating his peoples basic human rights. I do not care if Iraq is not a signatory to the UN Charter or the Declaration of Human Rights, some things are just not acceptable no matter where you live or what you believe. Depravity on this level is one.

HOWEVER. I have a friend who has family and close friends in Iraq, all of whom say life wasn't so great under Hussien but at least they had essentials. Running water, Medical supplies etc. America, in their eyes, had made a bad situation hell. I see the good America, abeit accidently, did, and also how they fucked up what could have been a lasting alliance in the middle east. They fucked up a countrys chance at true freedom and they won't even take responsibility for that. Iraq is on the edge of Civil War and within 12 months the cycle will start again. Fundamentalists will take control and it will be back to how it all started...

Sad thing is, they blame Islam and Islam is it's purest form in one of the most peacefull reglions in the world..
Thanks for clarifying your earlier post. Of course the US only went to Iraq for its own interests and it would never interfere in all those other devastated countries mainly becuase they dont have anything to offer to the US. I didnt take your post and its bits out of context I was merely replying to your comment on that particular aspect.

Though, I must admit, I agree with the points you have brought up in this post. Particularly the last one.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

somechick

HSC
N/A
mz purrfect and white rabbit, i shake your hands.
summed it all up for me...

tattoodguy

our government is so hypocritical..............

where is the punishment and accountability?

martin bryant....got locked up for life for killing only 30 something pppple...............but our government...participates in helping killl 1000's of ppple.........and they dont think they should be punished.

at a minimum our government should all resign..............at reasonable....they should be nailed to a stake and set alight. They want the big bucks and the power......and the praise...but when they fuck up..they cant even admit it.....and they dont think they deserve to be punished.

our government is shit and our citizens are no better. we dont hold the government accountable...................when osama bin laden kills u........for the crimes of ur government.............u deserve it u cowwards............when australia is bombed......................ill be larfing.............come on osama u fucking camel jockey bring on the fire works lol.

Generator

HSC
N/A
tattoodguy said:
our government is shit and our citizens are no better. we dont hold the government accountable...................
He has a point.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
our government did nothing wrong, we thought there were wmd's and we offered slight support.
We have created another democracy in the world (which is better for the iraqi's, not us), and freed them from a dictator.

I believe that Mark Latham would have done the same given the intelligence from ASIO.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Right or wrong, the fact remains that the 'evidence' used is now under credible dispute (i.e., nobody can deny that the initial claims concerning wmd were incorrect). We cannot just ignore that, no matter the outcome.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes they were incorrect, and whoever at ASIO came to the conclusion to tell the prime minister that there probably is WMD's should be punished in some way.

It sounds to me like any information given to us by the americans isn't even looked into, which is wrong.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I believe that there were some that felt there was nothing there...
But alot of people all around the world thought he did, he did before... he definately had the intent to do it again..

But yes i feel alot of intelligence was fabricated.

Jiga

Smart USA, they've just embaressed themselves. They made all this hype about Sadam, who is a bad person, but they said words to the effect of 'he wood give these imaginery WMD to terroists or that he woudl use it against the invading amercians etc', load of s**t. The irony of all this, the Americans gave them ALL their weapons when Iraq fought against Iran, dumba**s'

tattoodguy

u cant just loook at the bright side..that a few dirty iraqies can vote.....

every iraqi..and middle easterner can be locked up in jail......thats their problem...its thier shitty country.

i would rather freee zooo animals or something than those pppple.

but the bottom line is a country was invaded based on bull shit.

.........to me.......intelligence officers, and politicans should be inprisoned....

they murdered our soldiers etc.....and put them in halms way......for nothing.

we had an inspection process that was working, america just didnt like the fact that...they couldnt find any bombs and an excuse to invade iraq....
so they assumed their was bombs..rushed in....and then just apologised...

....there were alot of signs that the intelligence was wrong before the war............hanx blix..whatever....even said that......

the major reason for war was WMD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

after u fight the war..u dont then make up a new excuse........

..........seriously...........why arnt our politicans and ameircan politicians imprisoned.
i cant believe a crime hasnt beeen commmited?.......its one of the biggest fuck ups ive ever seeen and there is no crime.....

is there some investigation udner way...which might result in some arrests?> im being serious -----------anyone know?.

if we didnt have so many immigrants in this country...........i think more pppple would give a fuck......about whats right and wrong...in australia..

we would have decent ppple running for government... like maybe the average joe types like pauline hanson.........we need to reclaim our country...

like anzacs...........stormed the beaches and shit.................and we cant even remove a scum bag leader through voting. Australias morals are fucked.

we act like such a pussy country.....folllowing america in all its immoral crimes and shit.............just so we can remain a strong trading partner.

We let all these worthless immigrants into our country...out of charity.

all our laws are getting more restrictive. we are looosing more and more freedoms all the time.

We have the potential to have an incredible country...............and we settle for this bull shit.

see that chick...stood up to the government and made them give us freee travel for a day.

that can be the catalyst .....................to start a revolution.

we need to stop the oppression in this country.

our governemtn should be imprisoned and we should hand over power to like.............steve irwin, paul fattty vautin, sam newman etc.........and all these other true australians.

Saddam is in jail...for invading a soveriegn nation............killling shit loads of innocent ppple.

while john howard and george bush are sitting in luxury offices and rolling around in money........

Isnt anyone else tired of this bs??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)