who Actually likes english? (1 Viewer)

ms_purplez

HSC
"im gunna fucking here we go again"?
I'm guessing this hatred of English stems largely from your poor performance in it? Or perhaps your inability to comprehend it? Ever thought about doing ESL? Might be a bit more suitable for you...

Anyway, I'm finding the classes good this year, but the homework hard and overbearing. I don't know which outweighs the other in terms of my overall enjoyment of English, or whether they balance out to make me ambivalent about it. I'm really liking the lessons though, and I do get a certain sense of satisfaction out of finishing an essay, let alone doing well, so that probably means that, on the whole, my feelings towards the subject are positive.

So... I wouldn't drop it if I could.
i would have to agree with you on both acocunts.
one they dont like english because they arent obviously good at it.
and two, i agree with the thought that when you complete an essay and then do well with it has a certain satisfaction that it gives. like a job well done.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Here is a better question. Who's male and actually likes english? It's pretty obvious females are going to like it, it's 'easy' for them lol.
yea male and i dnt hate it anymore. i just dont love it.
i think females are generally better at english than males because they spend their time writing in their journals. basically their more creative.
i find males are generally better at sciences and maths thats y we like them.

monesh

HSC
fuck no. stockies is a hole. i only go there for the movies, freebies from the friends ;)
ahh good, so ur not one of those girls that is into the fairfield boys :p i lyk u already :) lmao

gifted:)

HSC
I dont mind this new AOS, its kind of like changing ... conforming to belong, yada yada ... and shady145, the person who is topping eng at our school is a guy, 95 percent assement 1, essay, thats just a sterotype! lol :)

gella

HSC
He writes way to much, but i suppose he is good at it.
I don't even mind english, belonging is a bitch though.
yeah but since when did writing too much equate to having no life? stop being a tool.

and monesh.. no. most ffld boys i know are scum. so no :)

the.RAVER

HSC
Well... I wouldn't drop it. But I don't particularly like it either. I just can't stand poetry...

monesh

HSC
and monesh.. no. most ffld boys i know are scum. so no :)
haha awesome sauce :) i hate a girl that falls for a guy thats a firms dream, wears all there gay shit, tn's, dri fits, everlast singlets blah blah lol, sorry i do like to rant on abit, ill stop now:)

gella

HSC
if youre not lebo, what are you? indian or asian?

MrDimple

HSC
dont like it as much, although i really don't understand why its compulsory.

PattieBoi

HSC
I love English.

If I was given an option of writing a 10,000 word story or do 10 Mathematics Equations, I'd choose to do the 10,000 word story.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
English is the most bullshit subject out. In year 11 I obtained an average of 80% in advanced without ever reading one page of a novel!!

Just throw in a few big words, so it sounds like you know what your talking about and you'll be right!!
And it's people like you that might beat me that really piss me off.

ascentyx

HSC
I like it, plus I have a good teacher who makes it actually enjoyable.

@ascentyx- Most of my male friends are really really good at english so it's not really stereotypical of gender
Haha fair enough. It was different in our school but i swear the teachers were sexist lol. I think the highest ranked boy was like 30th or something.

mobilephone99

HSC
There are time when I truly despise english and would give anything to drop it.. and then there are times when.. wait, no, I just hate english. And it's not that I'm bad at it or anything, but you just have to put so much hard work and time into it, and analysing texts and writing essays is boring and extremely annoying.

Lukybear

HSC
I love English.

If I was given an option of writing a 10,000 word story or do 10 Mathematics Equations, I'd choose to do the 10,000 word story.
Obiviously your mathematics equations are from Mathematics Extension 200...

Math is so much better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)