• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who cant wait for eurovision 2004?! (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I know i'm probably gonna get killed for starting this thread, but I love Eurovision! Its so much better than all this Idol stuff, I just get so addicted. But I hated the entry that won last year. Is there anyone else that cant wait for Eurovision?

Seabiscuit

HSC
i cant wait!!!
Last year's eurovision was really good!!!!!!!
And Turkey shouldnot have won!!! It should have been Norway!!

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
norway? I liked estonia and germany. I hope england sends someone who can sing in tune this year though... oh my god how about that polish guy though! with the pink hair and sexy voice? I love it when people sing in their native languages

chepas

HSC
Finally! Eurovision 2004 thread!

Originally posted by super katie
norway? I liked estonia and germany.
My favourite one from last year was Bosnia's - Mija Martina with 'Ne brini'. A Bosnian friend translated the Bosnian part and she said it was about as sad (as in shite) as a Eurovision song should be :D

Let's hope Germany's and Austria's will be as bad as they were last year. But the crap one's might not get in because they have all this new voting stuff and heats and finals.... Something I don't like - and hopefully Terry Wogan's back instead of that Aussie guy for the other commentary

chepas

HSC
Yeh, that's probably why she won. But if we can combine the term 'music' with Eurovision, I don't think Turkey should have won it based on the song :D (Though not much competition with it!)

chepas

HSC
Touch... who says I'm complaingin about the belly-dancing? ;)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
i dont think the music has really changed that much since eurovision began, its like theyre all stuck in this time warp living in the 70s. Its fantastic! I know that the music is crap but ugh its so addictive and its always so happy? I hated turkeys song though... and I almost died when I heard it on the store radio while I was at work one day, that is wrong on so many levels...

chepas

HSC
I know!!! People play it in their shops!! (well, they DID, don't know if they still do.).... It must be a general rule to have happy positive songs, if there's a crisis in it, it's always resolved, or looking forward positivley to the future....

Happy song: Germany last year

Let's get happy and let's be friends
For tomorrow never ever ends
And our world will be all new
Let's get happy and let's be gay
All our troubles they will fade away
And the promise I will send you hits you on a brand new day.

Pure art... written by Bernd Meinunger I think, his songs for this lovely schlager genre in German are about as fantabulous as this.

But of course - ABBA shall always have a special place in the heart of the world..... :D

Seabiscuit

HSC
I loved the South African one, with Alf Poier (? dunno if thats how u spell it), although it was a bit PlaySchool...

The crappiest one was Russia - Tatu. And it was really embarrasing. I couldnt show my face in public for about...a whole morning. This year Russia better have a really good entry to make up for last year's disaster.

Speaking of disasters, will this year's entries for Eurovision be mainly the Idol winners from each country? Because then it will be exactly like World Idol... :S

chepas

HSC
South Africa? A bit too far outside Europe, (even though Israel's in it) Twas Austria's, and yes, shudder..... Goes to show how seriously western Europe takes Eurovision.

I don't get what was so great about Tatu. They were horrible. - As for the World Idol meets Eurovision, not really - each country has their own selection competitions and 'Grand Prix Eurovision' thing that has nothing to do with Anything Idol, in order to find a representative for their country for the big contest... I coudln't imagine anything worse than the Idols infecting the sanctity that is the Eurovision Song Contest! :p

Just checked the site - May 12th is the semi-final with the final with fewer countries on the 15th!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
eurovision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 i'm SOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahah there was a thread on this last year

did anyone catch the eurovision junior kiddy version a few months back?? it was SOO wrong and totally hilarious ahahah.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
LoL, thats no reason for missing EuroVision! Its much more important than some maths exam :rolleyes:

Neways it's in mid-May sometime. Normally SBS shows it on a Sunday nite, delayed.

Also, we wont be getting the Terry Wogan commentary first time, i read that SBS is gonna have Des Mangan doing it again. Altho, last yr i think SBS did show EuroVision w/ full Wogan commentary a wk aftrwards.

Mangan is a bit of a lamo imo, Wogan is much funnier!:D

Last edited:

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
eurovision is the 15th of may... not sure when its going to be aired though. God I really hated tatu because they were bitches about the german singer. And the german song was classic, absolutely fantastic. I think most of them were great in their own right but Belgium, Russia and England pissed me off heaps. Belgium was just weird... the whole made up language and weird hand gestures freaked me out

chepas

HSC
Voil, countdown to the apocalypse -

Saturday 8th May, 7pm: Episode 1 - Countdown to Eurovision
Sunday 9th May, 7pm: Episode 2 - Countdown to Eurovision
Monday 10th May, 7pm: Episode 3 - Countdown to Eurovision
Tuesday 11th May, 7pm: Episode 4 - Countdown to Eurovision
Wednesday 12th May, 7pm: Episode 5 - Countdown to Eurovision
Thursday 13th May, 7pm: Episode 6 - Countdown to Eurovision
Friday 14th May, 7pm: Episode 7 - Countdown to Eurovision

Friday 14th May, 7.30pm: Prelimary Final - 2 Hour Special

Sunday 16th May, 7.30pm: ESC 2004 Final - 3 Hour

Pretty odd as it's really close to the actual dates this year... And that Des Mangan is still gonna present it - argh... hopefully they'll put the Wogan version on still. But now they have all these leadup things, god knows what they are...

www.sbs.com.au/eurovision/index.php3
www.eurovision.tv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)