who deleted my thread? left handed (1 Viewer)

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
it was no more offensive than any others and it addressed a serious issue :(

dont fuck with me

anyways repost

iam lefthanded, i feel dissadvantaged cause the lecture theatres are all right handed side desks, which is very uncomfortable and restricting for a left hander to use. if any fellow left handers have this problem do u have any ideas on how to make using these desks mroe comfortable?

god i wish i could just rip it off the armrest and put it on the other side...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
no i reported the guy who post after it, ty for that anyways atleast i can start this thread afresh

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Most lecture theatres in building twenty, as well as 25.107 have desks for people with left hands.

I'm sure other lecture theatres would have them too... I think the two in thirty-five do.

If not, you could always start a society and then campaign for a left-handed space. :)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
uhh.... you reported the post yourself... so I deleted

bahahahahaha

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
poloktim said:
Most lecture theatres in building twenty, as well as 25.107 have desks for people with left hands.

I'm sure other lecture theatres would have them too... I think the two in thirty-five do.

If not, you could always start a society and then campaign for a left-handed space. :)
haha like Queer space and womens space... we have more lefthanders than homos, we should have our own space!

i think i have single lecture in 25.107, i will have to look out for it

other rooms are mikinon blg67 and hope theatre...only remember those cause they have names

cant remember the rest

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
how does one go about actually making their own society/club?

Scanorama

HSC
what's with the women and queer space? Can't we also have a men and straight space?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Scanorama said:
what's with the women and queer space? Can't we also have a men and straight space?
Not allowing a male or straight space is discrimination, although I am sure it would still be difficult to convince whoever is in charge to allow it even on that basis. The gays a chicks would certainly complain about it even though they have their own spaces that the straight and male people aren't allowed.

If you want a left handed desk sit with an empty seat on your left and use the desk on that one instead.

santaslayer

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Not allowing a male or straight space is discrimination, although I am sure it would still be difficult to convince whoever is in charge to allow it even on that basis. The gays a chicks would certainly complain about it even though they have their own spaces that the straight and male people aren't allowed.

If you want a left handed desk sit with an empty seat on your left and use the desk on that one instead.
Yep. Use two chairs instead of one. I'd imagine it'll be pretty difficult if people are doing first year commerce subjects though. Had a friend in first year accounting who had the same problem. Thing is, the lecture hall was fucken packed like hell. LoLz. :p

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yeah i tried using 2 desks instead of one, thing is most of my lectures are packed, and even if they arent, because of the way the other desk folds out away from me, i have to completely lean over to write on it, its slightly better though so when possible this is what ive been doing
WW, this just wasnt a whinge, i was reposting most of what i said earlier

HSC
Being left handed, this used to give me the shits. I solved the problem by just not taking notes. Now it's only really an issue when I get stuck in a right-handed theatre doing exams, which thankfully is fairly rare.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
In the building 67 theatres and the hope theatre I just use the table to the left of me rather than the table attached to my own seat. If someone goes to sit there I just kindly explain the situation and if they have a problem with it (I tried to explain it to a girl in an Education lecture last year and she just looked at me and sat down anyway) I just move to somewhere else.

If all else fails just buy one of those hard plastic folders and use that to lean on in a lecture.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Being left handed, this used to give me the shits. I solved the problem by just not taking notes. Now it's only really an issue when I get stuck in a right-handed theatre doing exams, which thankfully is fairly rare.
I do the same thing, not because I am left handed, just because taking notes is a big waste of time. Unless they are giving you an exam hint it's all in the lecture notes or textbook anyway so there is no point writing it down again.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
using the other chairs desk can be a pain, cause they fold in towards you, meaning as the lecture goes on my desk progressively leans in towards me until finally everything falls off it. In hope i dont mind using my own desk that much cause the desks are pretty large and fair sturdy, but in 67 GODAMN the desks are so plasticy and flimsy, and they only jut out the tiniest bit, like the size of a notepad. I will try running for the end desks in 25 [ i assume the left handers are the ones on the left hand side of the theatre] its usuallty pretty full but i will whollop any1 who denys me access to a left handed desk.

dont get me wrong, iam not one of those people who writes down everything on the big screen, and everything the lecturer says, all i ever usually write down is a few things that the lecturer says that might not be in a textbook, the rest of my learning is completely from listening and watching[i have a pretty decent memory]

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
hahaha thats what you get you freak of nature. way to be different
no one cares about minorities ;)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I find using the chair next to me's desk in 67 to be really comfy and just the right distance away. Ive never had a problem with anything falling to the ground.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I'm a lefty, but I never use those little flip up tables, I just put my bag on my lap and put my clipboard on top of it.

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
glitter burns said:
I'm a lefty, but I never use those little flip up tables, I just put my bag on my lap and put my clipboard on top of it.
thats what i do.. cept i just rest my book in my lap. only problem is that if you're sitting next to a righty you might get the occasional elbow bumping.

the desks in the communications building are good, they're alot wider and semi-accomodate for lefties.

we should start a society! raising awareness of the oppression suffered by lefthanded people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)