Who despises english advanced already? (1 Viewer)

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Just wonder what will happen when he gets a bad mark in it?
If that happens then I'll probably say that I despise English Advance. :p

MissMoo

HSC
Wooz...i think im doing the same unit as you...im doing changing self.if your doing it too do you have another changing self text or song or whatever?cos im stuck for ideas for my assignment

Aslightissue

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
In english adv. we are doing "justice" and are looking at "The Crucible"
In english ext. we are looking at how texts have changed through time (we were looking at different versions of Little Red Riding Hood). I'm pretty sure that we are also going to do "Crime fiction"

That reminds me, I've got some exglish ext. homework to do...
You're doing The Crucible for Advanced English?

I'm doing that crappy heroes unit for Advanced, and The Crucible, The Great Gatsby and Keates for the brilliant Extension work, but dear God. Advanced English. Yuk. I love Extension 1, and Advanced is just a fucking joke.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
Up until around year 11 I have been doing badly at english.

Now, in year 12, after two assesment tasks I am ranked 1/168 at Hurlstone AHS.

I'm really proud of myself considering last year I didn't even know how to write an essay.

I basically improved by looking at what the good responses have that mine didnt.

People keep asking me if I go to english tutors or the like ... I can't even say I've done much more than my classwork, and actually sitting down and thinking carefully about what they want me to write.

As for the actual content...

I found Journey's pretty stupid at first.. Especially because I'm doing imaginative. But once it 'clicks' its easy, the concept itself certainly is easy. I found the Tempest quite lacking and uninteresting but the Wizard of Oz was better to analyse so I found it bareable.

My favourite part of the course is the Comparative Study. I'm doing Bladerunner/Brave new world. I loved the concepts in that book and despite originally hating Bladerunner, I'm not embarresed to say I think they both raise aspects which I find intriguing.

I don't think I'm going to like the next two modules but hey... I can't say I've liked most of the work we've had to do for school for the last 12 years - why should I start bitching about it now?...

In my opinion the only bad thing about Adv English is Paper 2 ... Three responses in two hours is bloody challenging!!

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
MissMoo said:
Wooz...i think im doing the same unit as you...im doing changing self.if your doing it too do you have another changing self text or song or whatever?cos im stuck for ideas for my assignment
Hmmm, I thought most people would be doing changing self. I've heard Gwen Harwood poems are pretty good for it.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
airie said:
Well what do you know, apart from the fact that I have to find three supplementary texts, we have three assessment tasks on the AoS 'Changing', one's already done and the coming two are three days apart, and yesterday, after the English lesson, my English teacher asked us to analyse this poem of Judith Wright explaining three techniques used in-depth. So there you go. Oh, and have I mentioned the fact that a typical analysis of mine is three pages long? :p
Bahaha! I think we're overreacting just a tad :D

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
MissMoo said:
Sorry im not doing changing self, im doing realism in Eng Ext 1 and Textual studies through different persepctives in Eng adv

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Vagabond said:
Up until around year 11 I have been doing badly at english.

Now, in year 12, after two assesment tasks I am ranked 1/168 at Hurlstone AHS.

I'm really proud of myself considering last year I didn't even know how to write an essay.

I basically improved by looking at what the good responses have that mine didnt.

People keep asking me if I go to english tutors or the like ... I can't even say I've done much more than my classwork, and actually sitting down and thinking carefully about what they want me to write.

As for the actual content...

I found Journey's pretty stupid at first.. Especially because I'm doing imaginative. But once it 'clicks' its easy, the concept itself certainly is easy. I found the Tempest quite lacking and uninteresting but the Wizard of Oz was better to analyse so I found it bareable.

My favourite part of the course is the Comparative Study. I'm doing Bladerunner/Brave new world. I loved the concepts in that book and despite originally hating Bladerunner, I'm not embarresed to say I think they both raise aspects which I find intriguing.

I don't think I'm going to like the next two modules but hey... I can't say I've liked most of the work we've had to do for school for the last 12 years - why should I start bitching about it now?...

In my opinion the only bad thing about Adv English is Paper 2 ... Three responses in two hours is bloody challenging!!
:eek: how did u managed to do that good?! XD
teach me!!! O_O

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
MissMoo said:
Sorry if this is too general but almost everything is about change because a character will usually change. Try picking out a few movies, I bet that atleast one of them will have "change" in it.

btw, I hate the change concept although it's easy. I find it too broad.

HSC
Aslightissue said:
You're doing The Crucible for Advanced English?

I'm doing that crappy heroes unit for Advanced, and The Crucible, The Great Gatsby and Keates for the brilliant Extension work, but dear God. Advanced English. Yuk. I love Extension 1, and Advanced is just a fucking joke.
Yes, i am doing the Crucible, but i dont like the study guide questions we have to do...
The storyline for the Crucible is ok though, but the whole Abigail/John Proctor/Elizabeth Proctor relationship annoys me.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Yes, i am doing the Crucible, but i dont like the study guide questions we have to do...
The storyline for the Crucible is ok though, but the whole Abigail/John Proctor/Elizabeth Proctor relationship annoys me.
The 3u Eng people at my school are doing that too :D Heh my friend was reading it at the swimming carnival, so I somehow subconsciously made the false assumption that all books she reads are for studying, and therefore on another day I caught her with another thick book with small writing...

Me: Ooh what book are you studying in English now?
Her: *turns around slowly with expression -_- on her face* I'm not studying this text. I'm reading it for fun. ... Yes for fun!

... All you smarty pants out there can decuce the *uber-shocked* expression on my face :p

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Ahaha, your friend's like one of mine, she uberly loves Austen novels :confused:So believing her, I tried reading Pygmalion and some Jane Austen books for fun. Bleh, didn't get any further than chapter 2 :sleep:

Oh yeah, I once read a bit of The Crucible too, it was pretty okay :)

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
airie said:
The 3u Eng people at my school are doing that too :D Heh my friend was reading it at the swimming carnival, so I somehow subconsciously made the false assumption that all books she reads are for studying, and therefore on another day I caught her with another thick book with small writing...

Me: Ooh what book are you studying in English now?
Her: *turns around slowly with expression -_- on her face* I'm not studying this text. I'm reading it for fun. ... Yes for fun!

... All you smarty pants out there can decuce the *uber-shocked* expression on my face :p
Hehe for fun :p Reminds me of a friend of mine who reads books all the time.

HSC
m0ofin said:
Ahaha, your friend's like one of mine, she uberly loves Austen novels :confused:So believing her, I tried reading Pygmalion and some Jane Austen books for fun. Bleh, didn't get any further than chapter 2 :sleep:

Oh yeah, I once read a bit of The Crucible too, it was pretty okay :)
I think that our class is going to be doing "Pygmalion"...

knowdreams

HSC
Try reading 'death of a salesman'. It is boring as hell and very werid, esspecially whe your teacher keeps on refering it to 'The Great Gatsby' which is nothing like it.
I hate plays, Play are ment to be seen not read, novels are. Why can't they see that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)