• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

who did YOU end up with? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

estaile

ive finally finished school and im ecstatic. ive been telling myself over and over again that when i finish school, everything's going to be different.
i'll be "free"....

honestly, tell me what its like.

right now, im feeling the opposite to what i had imagined i would be feeling.
in the end alone.
did you keep in contact with your friends?
someone kept telling me that when you finish school, you''ll find out who your real friends are.

how many "friends" did you end up still having?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i haven't seen some of my high school friends for over a year now, even though we still sometimes talk on msn. but because we are all going to different unis its very difficult to catch up when there are no assignments or exams.
I found the period between the end of high school and the beginning of uni to be a lonely time. it just shows who really actually cares about you.
I'm even lonely in the uni holz on now. damn. uni friends i found to be different than high school friends.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I never see any high school friends except a couple of close ones every now and then socially

We've all drifted and moved on

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Once exams are over in a couple days, we'll start having our gatherings again.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yer ull find out the true side and nature of ppl
some will be ure friends always.. but with others u may hav to make the effort too =)

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
You will most likely lose touch with some friends as everyone becomes busier.

I still keep in touch (like an MSN message conversation once a month) with some friends from years ago or an email here and there. If I am ever in a location where another friend is we meet up if possible for a chat or to hang out.

You'll probably make more lasting friendships at uni, especially if you stay in a college as you share many hours of non-academic time with them.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I only see one friend from school with any regularity, and I talk to another on msn, emails, phone, etc all the time, and the funny thing is I wasn't even that close to them at school.
The ones I was closest to, I don't really see much of, but when we do see each other, its exactly the same as what it was before school finished.
I typically prefer uni friends, we're friends because we want to be, not because we were lumped into a confined environment 5 days a week for 6/13 yrs. Uni is a very strange environment for making friends, its like, you meet someone and completely click, and they know everything about you within a few weeks, lol...and like, despite there being sooo many people at uni, you meet someone, who introduces you to someone else, who then introduces you to someone else, which might be someone you've been spying on all semester or something...its so very big, but so very small at the same time

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I don't see any of mine most of the time because I am in Sydney.... but when I go back to Albury I see some of them... others I don't see as much of.

You will make new friends at uni and stuff, and if you are feeling lonely now ring up some friends from school and invite them out or to the movies or something.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I talk to a couple of high school friends on MSN regularly and I occasionally meet up with my main high school group of friends for a movie or to go do something.
I agree that Uni friends are different. It's not like you go over to their place to play on the PS2 or whatever.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
RCMasterAA said:
I talk to a couple of high school friends on MSN regularly and I occasionally meet up with my main high school group of friends for a movie or to go do something.
I agree that Uni friends are different. It's not like you go over to their place to play on the PS2 or whatever.
u mean uni friends are usually more matured :p

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yeah, i see two or three of my school friends in the holidays, and every now and again. Its hard coz everyone has moved away, and we are all so busy.

I have uni friends, and they are tops, but its good to keep some friends separate from uni, to give you a change.

Most people dont intend to ditch you, but everyones lives change, and everyone heads in differrent directions. It like when you are 30, the single friends will separate from the married with kids friends, just because your lives are so different.

santaslayer

HSC
I see most my high school friends at uni. :p

One of them though, goes to USYD and he has made the effort to keep in contact with me all the way. I feel a bit guilty...

S

Shuter

How odd my brother is still in contact with mainly his highschool friends (26 now), and various other friends from basketball and/or uni. He still lives with many of his core friends from high school.

My sister is fairly similar and it's mainly her highschool friends I see her around still.

My other brother simply has no friends be they uni or other (true).

As for me. I probably see me being in contact with about 4 close friends from high school, and still being on good contact terms with 95% of the rest of my grade when I run into them as I most probably will. I'll have friends from uni too and other activities, but I have enough time for all.

It's probably due to our school being a little more remote and relaxed compared to people in the city. Everyone knows everyone better.

Farcanell

You know in any of the other forums I go to both melbournian, and to a lesser extent natstar, would have been banned long before they managed to get a post count running into the thousands...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Agreed. Not everybody can go to the "best" schools. The smartest people I know aren't people who went to the best schools in Sydney. In fact, most of the smarmy, stupid people I know are from these so-called best schools. One of my teachers in high school went to The Kings School, and went to USYD. His job? PE Teacher.

If going to the best, most prestigious schools turns out stuck-up, self-interested arrogant pricks like melbournian here then it just makes me more grateful that I Didn't go to the best, most prestigious schools.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
melbournian said:
exactly.....
a school that matters

infact the school that the Australian rated best school in the country last week
wats was that based on?
ENTER, Resources, Funding, Alumni or ure favourite journal citations lolz

is a roflcopter
HSC
im on good terms with everyone at my school
most of my group is doing commerce and 2 that do comp so thats not too bad
it also helps that half my grade went to unsw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)