• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who Didn't Go To Their Formal? (1 Viewer)

HSC
:wave: Yeah. I admit it. I DIDN'T go to my formal. So who else out there didn't go and why?

:eek: [don't be too shocked about it, I'm sure i'm not the only one out there...]

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
mine is in 3 days and im not planning on going.

3-4 hours of standing around chatting about random stuff in a +$200 suit aswell as $100 tickets. honestly i dont see what the big deal is. after 6 years of being with the year group i dont think ill be missing much in those few hours besides everyone attempting to be get drunk.

also i have the a strong belief that most people turn into dickheads and try to act hard when dressed up on special occasions. instead im planning on spending the night out at the movies with 2 mates who also dont plan on going.

galadriel100

HSC
No, you're not the only one! I'm not gong to mine. I thin I'm the only girl in my grade not going!
I don't see the point of spending so much money for a few hours! If the school realy wanted me to go, they'd pay for me to go!

T

Testpilot

Formals are overrated. First you pay lots of money for something you won't ever wear again (or not often anyway), you go to some place to eat bad food and listen to teachers give boring speeches as they feel that it is their last chance to 'inspire' you. Then you go to the after party and get so drunk you don't remember anything.

galadriel100

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
also i have the a strong belief that most people turn into dickheads and try to act hard when dressed up on special occasions.
Exactly! I'm don't want to go, because I know that everyone will be judging everyone. "Oh my god, she only spent $80 on her dress"

L

littlewing69

DeathB4Life said:
3-4 hours of standing around chatting about random stuff in a +$200 suit aswell as $100 tickets. honestly i dont see what the big deal is.
5 hours of chilling out with mates next to pool watching First Test +
2 hours getting suited up with said mates, collecting flowers etc +
1 hour picking up cars :) +
6 hour formal +
up to 6 more hours of after-party at nightclub

I thought the whole day was pretty fun. Drinking with teachers was priceless hehe.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
My thoughts exactly. Also I couldn't imagine myself in a dress :eek: :shy: :eek:
neither could i ! ..

that's why i went in a suit! :p haha

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I haven't been to a formal (yet).

Few hours to go??

Yeh, formals are over-rated but it's a good social time to have fun with your mates.

HSC
shinji said:
neither could i ! ..

haha very funnie.
Oh yeah, I saw ur formal pics u looked fine :D

Brogan, why did you have to say that?

Last edited:

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
didnt go

cost of a formal (for a girl) = a week of pay = mobile phone

i like the new mobile phone better

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
neither could i ! ..

That was pretty sh*t.

Anyway ever since year 10 i understood that formals are pretty overrated inherently.

However its almost a rite of passage you know the year 12 formal, well at least it is in america with the prom and i follow all that american tv trash so i guess i convinced myself this would be my rite of passage :confused:

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I didnt go to my formal because i felt that i didnt get along well with the guys in my grade and plus i hadn't made any good friends at school. I found it annoying when those guys were asking me if i was going to the formal and when i answered 'no', they asked why. So i just made up false reasons such as, i didnt have a date, i didnt have the money or im going overseas. I dont think they would care if i turned up or not.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
haha very funnie.
Oh yeah, I saw ur formal pics u looked fine :D

Brogan, why did you have to say that?
i looked fine eh? ;) ;)
wanna hook up?! :p haha

@bobness : u must love to hate me eH? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)