Who does accelerated IPT? (1 Viewer)

mijoe

HSC
I know that NSBHS + NSGHS + JRAHS offers it. Does anybody else do accelerated IPT. I find it generally easy. Apparently 70% of last years class got band 6. But then again, out teacher marks the HSC and teaches us the tricks of the trade. I feel like a stinge sometimes. I don't want to help people even if I know the answers because then they might beat me in IPT and drag my mark down!

Last edited:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
mijoe said:
I know that NSBHS + NSGHS + JRAHS offers it. Does anybody else do accelerated IPT. I find it generally easy. Apparently 70% of last years class got band 6. But then again, out teacher marks the HSC and teaches us the tricks of the trade.
Reddam does.

I did it in year 10 (the year 11 course) but hated it so I dropped it

mandyboo

HSC
N/A
We do - Sydney Girls.

What subjects are you doing for year 11 and 12?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mijoe said:
I know that NSBHS + NSGHS + JRAHS offers it. Does anybody else do accelerated IPT. I find it generally easy. Apparently 70% of last years class got band 6. But then again, out teacher marks the HSC and teaches us the tricks of the trade. I feel like a stinge sometimes. I don't want to help people even if I know the answers because then they might beat me in IPT and drag my mark down!
Gosford does.

And what do you mean by the highlighted part? Don't be a dick and help them if they ask you for help. What happens if it you who needs help? What if your teacher does not want to teach you because she/he doesn't want you to get good mark? What if your best friend rejects to help you because you might beat him/her. And they are NOT going to drag your marks down. The one who drags your marks down is yourself by not doing well in HSC. If others do well, you might gell pulled up. Don't be silly.

mijoe

HSC
Friends are a different case. And friends at your school are also in a special category since if your class does well, everybody gets scaled up further. Why would a teacher want us to fail? That's just stupid.
If somebody does better than me, then I would get a lower rank. Therefore, by being a fag I can give people stupid answers. Of course I haven't done that.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mijoe said:
Friends are a different case. And friends at your school are also in a special category since if your class does well, everybody gets scaled up further. Why would a teacher want us to fail? That's just stupid.
If somebody does better than me, then I would get a lower rank. Therefore, by being a fag I can give people stupid answers. Of course I haven't done that.
Then who do you mean by "people"? I thought you were referring to your friends at school.

I just presented the most extreme hypothetical situations. You would seriously feel deserted if your friends didn't help you with questions that you didn't know.

On top of that, you are wrong. You don't really understand how the scaling works. The better your friends do, the better scaled mark that will result in. Scaling reflects the calibre of the students that are undertaking the course, which means higher tha candidature, the higher the scaled mark it will be. On top of that, people doing better than you at school won't make a difference in terms of HSC result anyway. There are thousands of students doing IPT and how much different would it make if few people beat you in HSC? I don't think it will even lower your mark. If you help them and if they get higher HSC result, you will potentially get pulled up given that your internal ranks are higher.

And even if you help them with few questions, how much different do you think it would make? If they ask you for help, you clearly are more knowledge-able than they are. If they don't know the questions, they are bound to ask other people anyway. In the long run, I doubt it will make much difference if any.

As I said earlier, don't be a dick and help those in need. With that kind of mind-set, your existence is not to be desired by others. On top of that, try to learn how the moderation/scaling works. You clearly don't understand how the UAC system works.

Last edited:

mijoe

HSC
Yeh, I actually have no idea about scaling. I heard it all from friends. And yeh, I help people anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mijoe said:
Yeh, I actually have no idea about scaling. I heard it all from friends. And yeh, I help people anyway.
Then, sorry about the earlier rant.

But in general, it will benefit you to have smart people in your year. If they beat you in HSC, you will take advantage of that by having their marks transferred to yours as your internal mark.

You will do great, good luck in your accelerated subject.

Synergie

HSC
My college (three 7-10 high schools and one 11-12 high school, which are linked) offers accelerated IPT, I did year 9 & 10 IST in year 9 and then began yr 11 in year 10 and year 12 in year 11. Now its all over and just did the trial.

derob

HSC
Synergie said:
My college (three 7-10 high schools and one 11-12 high school, which are linked) offers accelerated IPT, I did year 9 & 10 IST in year 9 and then began yr 11 in year 10 and year 12 in year 11. Now its all over and just did the trial.
Do you mean the Georges River College 'cause i heard that they offer it too?

Last edited:

Stanman

Baka!
HSC
Makro said:
Yep. I'm from there too.
Ohi marko
And ohi reece.

GL with the HSC for you two, i'm studying at home atm, sick :|.

<-- JabSTAH!

Oh and lyounamu, do you troll this forum often or something? 5000 posts in a year is alot.

Last edited:

noturningback

HSC
If accelerated IPT is doing it over one year instead of 2, thats what I do

peteryang

HSC
i do, since im in ur class...dont tell everyone about pillays tricks of the trade....

plus pillay said boredofstudies is rubbish joe why do u use it XDXDXD

@noturningback... accelerated ipt is where u do it in yrs 9 and 10 instead of yrs 11 and 12

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I wanted our school to do Accel IPT back in year9/10 but they couldn't get enough people to support the class :(

Heiday

HSC
I feel like a stinge sometimes. I don't want to help people even if I know the answers because then they might beat me in IPT and drag my mark down!

lol, that will hit him back in return in life.

noturningback

HSC
oh, well then I don't do an accelerated course.
I do the course over one year
we basically did nothing of the preliminary course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)