Who does/did Japanese continuers? I NEED HELP!!!! PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

animeiswild

HSC
I have a test on Monday and i cannot understand the plain form. when do you add the だ (da)、かった(katta) or the だった (datta) ???? What verbs/nouns/adjectives do you use it on? I really don't get it. T_____T

I don't get the grammar point "saying 'I'll go and...' Verb て form + きます
e.g. スーパーでパンを買ってきて。
Like when would i use that?

HELP PLEASE, I'm going to fail badly Y___Y

jl91

HSC
so it looks like this reply is a little late for your exams, but it's still important that you know, so i'll explain it to you.
you add ~da to the end of nouns and na adjectives
eg. いぬです would become いぬだ in the plain form. and きれいです would become きれいだ in the plain form.
please note that だ is plain present tense. you use だった in the same way except that it is the plain past tense.

かったis used for い adjectives. you drop the final い and add かった. eg. おもしろい (plain present tense) becomes おもしろかった(plain past tense). you also use かった in polite form for past tense with い adjectives.
eg. おもしろかったです is the polite way of saying 'it was interesting'.

~tekimasu. means that you go, you do something and then you return to where you were. for example, if you are about to leave to buy milk, you'd say ミルクを買ってきます。meaning that you're going out to buy milk and will return.

japanese grammar can be tricky.
i advise that if you don't understand it you ask your teacher to take you through it again, or get a tutor. otherwise, read a good textbook like wakatta which is ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)