Who else is feeling uncertain about the HSC? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I need an atar of 60, and if I had put my head down right from the start could probably easily get a high 80 maybe pushing a 90.

I didn't put my head down, though if I work hard now I could get a high 70 maybe low 80 if i'm lucky.

However I can't put my head down (laziness, lack of motivation, no study habit, pretty much given up and just want it to be over) But my folks are pushing me hard and yes I will do my best but there is only so much I can do.

So my question is, who else is feeling uncertain? (not just because you bummed out, even if you have been working hard and you're set to get the atar you want but are still feeling the pressure) I reckon we could get a little vent sesh happening here. Better out than in, so they say.

I'm really starting to wonder if I'll even get the 60 -.-:punch:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
what are your school ranks and school rank

we'll tell you what atar you're looking at

Living Moment

HSC
ONLY 3 MONTHS LEFT!!!
Put your head down and think about how happy you’re going to be when you get a 80+ ATAR.
You can learn the whole HSC course in 3 months easily, plus it might be a good idea to get a tutor for the next 3 months really makes a difference

unLimitieDx

HSC
Just keep trying and dont give up! Even if you dont get your atar there will be alternatives!
We're all feeling the pressure now as our trials are apporaching but theres still time :D

sophisms

HSC
I feel exactly the same :((
Year 12 is meant to be the year where I work my hardest, but this year has been my laziest.

HSC
School's ranking: I'm not too sure where to find this, but the better education site said it's state overall was 84? (not sure if that helps)

Mine (as of end of term 2)
Studies of religion 1 unit--> Ranked 5, mark:81
English extension 1--> ranked 2, mark:84
English Advanced--> ranked 17, mark: 74
General Maths--> ranked 32, mark 74
Modern History--> ranked 10, mark 67
Senior Science--> ranked 2, 95

Unfortuantly I can't give you my end of term three rankings because I have no idea what they would be (but I'm certain most would have gone up a few places at least but those will have to do)

sophisms

HSC
how many people are in those courses? Looks like you're doing quite fine with those rankings....

HSC
ONLY 3 MONTHS LEFT!!!
Put your head down and think about how happy you’re going to be when you get a 80+ ATAR.
You can learn the whole HSC course in 3 months easily, plus it might be a good idea to get a tutor for the next 3 months really makes a difference
I am so keen. Gonna walk out of that religion exam (my last one), get in my car, pop a few of those party streamers with a few friends before going home to bed XD I'm over it. I need to sort of get into somewhat of a study habit, I just sort of feel it's too little too late, you know?

I know there are alternatives, (I was just looking local at Newcastle Uni, and newstep is free and that would get me into the bachelor of arts.) But I feel that as the eldest and the first in my extended family going through the HSC (immigrants), there's that bit of pressure. They're also not happy I dropped a number of courses in the process, but oh well. I think I'll aim for an hour a night studying at least, with each subject having it's own night.*nods* Better than nothing.

*takes a deep breath* this is more therapeutic than I thought it would be haha

HSC
how many people are in those courses? Looks like you're doing quite fine with those rankings....
Respectively:

I know i'm coming first in senior science now, and I think my english advanced ranking went up a number of places because I think I was in the top 7 or so with the last assessment. Extension would still be the same, but other than that I have no clear idea of where I'm sitting as of right now

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
No way you're getting 60 with those ranks lol... (Marks are irrelevant also tbh)... You're stressing too much

If you can continue to boost those ranks by a little and ace your remaining tasks, you would most likely score in your 70's or 80's. Good luck :)

sophisms

HSC
If that's the case then I'm sure you will at least get a 60 atar... You're just over-worrying :)

HSC
I feel exactly the same :((
Year 12 is meant to be the year where I work my hardest, but this year has been my laziest.
I had it all planned out...I've learnt that I need someone kicking my up the backside. that's the only way i'm going to make it through uni. Though I think part of the problem is attention span, maybe with only semester long courses i might be better? (who am I kidding haha)

What is your atar goal?

sophisms

HSC
I had it all planned out...I've learnt that I need someone kicking my up the backside. that's the only way i'm going to make it through uni. Though I think part of the problem is attention span, maybe with only semester long courses i might be better? (who am I kidding haha)

What is your atar goal?
haha, i know what you mean. For me, I'm finding it hard to start studying. There's too much, I don't even know where to start!
My atar goal is 97+ but at this rate, I don't even know if I'm going to make it into the 90s....

Did you get an atar estimate ?

HSC
Yep usually happens to a lot of people during the last term, it’s the time that makes or breaks your HSC result.

But after the trails we might hold a motivation session at Parramatta library if you’re interested, give more info as soon as I get some time, mostly likely week 4.

Anyone that is very influential and love motivating give us a PM and well get something start, anyone who needs motivating/ need us to put HSC flame back into your HSC life’s, show your support!!!:wavey:
I would be interested, but the beginning of week 4 is the second week of my trails. My last one is on the thursday so it depends on the day. It's a good idea, I know there are a number of people at my school who are worried like me :)

If that's the case then I'm sure you will at least get a 60 atar... You're just over-worrying :)
No way you're getting 60 with those ranks lol... (Marks are irrelevant also tbh)... You're stressing too much

If you can continue to boost those ranks by a little and ace your remaining tasks, you would most likely score in your 70's or 80's. Good luck :)
Haha, that makes me happier. Just wish my folks would understand that. Still need to study harder though I guess, just to make sure

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Trust me, I know how you feel. My parents are just insane. Pressure is building and increasing at an alarming rate. What makes it worse is that I have no sense of motivation or "drive" whatsoever. I know that I could do well but I just really can't be bothered. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess its a lot of hard work :/

But your school's rank is pretty good so I think you should be ok :)

HSC
haha, i know what you mean. For me, I'm finding it hard to start studying. There's too much, I don't even know where to start!
My atar goal is 97+ but at this rate, I don't even know if I'm going to make it into the 90s....

Did you get an atar estimate ?
Yeah, it's like a hole with walls so high that the light at the top is a little dot. Honestly, these holidays are the first time i've done any serious study (which is part of my problem)

Don't give up, if i'm not allowed to then neither are you :p There are bonus atar points that you may be applicable for, I know i'm getting at least 4.

What course are you looking at and where?

Not yet, I did one at the start of term two and got about 78 but i'm not letting let lull me into a false sense of security.

HSC
Trust me, I know how you feel. My parents are just insane. Pressure is building and increasing at an alarming rate. What makes it worse is that I have no sense of motivation or "drive" whatsoever. I know that I could do well but I just really can't be bothered. I don't know how to explain it, but I guess its a lot of hard work :/

But your school's rank is pretty good so I think you should be ok :)
We need a support group for people with high pressure parents and no motivation haha. I lost my drive about mid term one this year, boy did some of my half yearly marks get me into trouble.

sophisms

HSC
Yeah, it's like a hole with walls so high that the light at the top is a little dot. Honestly, these holidays are the first time i've done any serious study (which is part of my problem)

Don't give up, if i'm not allowed to then neither are you :p There are bonus atar points that you may be applicable for, I know i'm getting at least 4.

What course are you looking at and where?

Not yet, I did one at the start of term two and got about 78 but i'm not letting let lull me into a false sense of security.

Definitely not giving up but I am having big problems with getting my ass to work :/
I'm quite interested in architecture at usyd. what about you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)