who else is screwed for ext 2 exam (1 Viewer)

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Our class hasn't finished the course either :( We are finishing mechanics tomorrow, but harder 3 unit isn't even getting a look at.
I got 70% in my trial and that had harder three unit in it, but no mechanics...
God, I hope I get somewhere around there for the actual test :S
I haven't done any past paper recently lol. I did like 4 before my trials. I have to get started, man.
Thank god for forums like this. I may post some questions later on...
Good luck everyone!!!

Dannnyku

HSC
i'm screwed.
aiming for 60%, and hope the rest of the class will pull me up!
i'm the lazy bugger!
btw, what will 60% correlate to roughly?
will that get me an E3?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
There have been years were the paper was so hard, that a pass equated to an E4... So who knows aye.
I am imagine an "average" difficulty test would have an E4 cut off of around 70% and an E3 cutoff of about 58%.
This is absolute speculation lol, but I know that around 2 years ago, that was the E4 cutoff.

00iCon

HSC
Our class hasn't finished the course either :( We are finishing mechanics tomorrow, but harder 3 unit isn't even getting a look at.
I haven't done any past paper recently lol. I did like 4 before my trials. I have to get started, man.
Good luck everyone!!!
Tomorrow!! Haven't you graduated yet? Also you're gonna stuff your 3 unit by revising stuff the day before which isn't even in the exam...
BTW, just tried 2000 HSC and it was nigh on impossible from Q5 onwards... i finished up to Q4 in an hour 10 min. and i couldn't do anything else!!

boganxcore

HSC
Good luck everyone!!!
so have you gone through your textbook and done the harder 3 unit stuff yourself? Our class didnt finish either and im the lazy person in our class, so i havent looked at it much.

approximately how many marks will i lose if do not attempt any harder 3 unit questions at all?

untouchablecuz

HSC
so have you gone through your textbook and done the harder 3 unit stuff yourself? Our class didnt finish either and im the lazy person in our class, so i havent looked at it much.

approximately how many marks will i lose if do not attempt any harder 3 unit questions at all?
ultimately, it depends on the exam is set; i remember reading once that one exam had up to 40 marks of harder 3 unit

mcdonaja

HSC
I am also screwed for the ext 2 exam :S. :(. It dissapoints me to think i used to be good at maths but really havent put enough effort in.

untouchablecuz

HSC
Harder 3U has to be the most interesting one out of all the topics. On that note, HSC mechanics is probably the easiest topic.
yes and no; i think conceptually its one of the hardest topics, but once you learn the fundementals, its a breeze

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm screwed because my rank will drag me down.
You're like....coming second? Do you have any idea how much it'd be nice to come second?P
And Untouchablecuz: CSSA wasn't too hard, wasn't too easy. That being said, there was like that really dodge f(x^2) question, which I still don't understand how to do, but meh. :p

P.T.F.E

HSC
i'll join the really screwed crew... in raw marks i dunno if i will pass.... its one of those subjects where u can have those days u can do all the question then the next day struggle with complex numbers haha.

It is by far the hardest subject in the HSC and the jump from ext1 difficulty to MX2 difficulty is HUGE.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
You're like....coming second? Do you have any idea how much it'd be nice to come second?P
And Untouchablecuz: CSSA wasn't too hard, wasn't too easy. That being said, there was like that really dodge f(x^2) question, which I still don't understand how to do, but meh. :p
all you have to do to is find what happen when x approaches infinity, and thus finiding the asymptotes. there will be two vertical lines and a parabolic asymptote, and thus from there, its quite easy, just plot points are you will figure out the shape of the curve. but the tricky bit is that, the part of the curve when y>0, curve approaches the line x = 3 and -3, and also approaches the OUTSIDE of the asymptotic parabola. hope this makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)