who felt like crying - THREE poems for Harwood?? (merged) (1 Viewer)

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
TheHarlequinMan said:
ne1 else get taken by the left field gwen harwood question??!!?!?!?!

refer to THREE poems in your answer!!!
Repost.

I don't see why the fact that they required three poems is suprising to so many people. Before the AoS essay, many remarked that "at least one related text" meant that you should do two. Wouldn't it have been wise to prepare three poems? I did.

Essentially, you are supposed to learn the whole course, not a third of it. How else should they differentiate between students?

*ccs*

poetry

hey i was happy with the three poems, coz thats what ive been studying all year. i had this really bad feeling they would specify one poem to do and i thought knowing my luck it would be one i havent spent the most time on. but they didnt!! i was so happy i used the glass jar, the violets and at mornington...

Cellie

HSC
We were notified about learning all of the poems.

Due to my lack of time of studying for English Paper 2 and only had two poems in mind to write about, yeah I was pretty screwed when I read analyse THREE poems...

Well, I did "Prize Giving" and "The Glass Jar" (the ones i studied well on) and "Father and Child" (incorporated that one in and refered/link it to "The Glass Jar").

So my third poem wasn't too bad to write about.

naybaby

HSC
Ultraviolent said:
Repost.

I don't see why the fact that they required three poems is suprising to so many people. Before the AoS essay, many remarked that "at least one related text" meant that you should do two. Wouldn't it have been wise to prepare three poems? I did.

Essentially, you are supposed to learn the whole course, not a third of it. How else should they differentiate between students?
The whole three poems thing screwed me up! We have NEVER done three before in class, in our half yrlys or our trial and I was told it'd would only be two! I was so cut! tried so hard and then that suprise just freaked me out! oh well whats done is done...

Kutar Maggi

They call me nigga man
HSC
i didnt think it was 2 bad. i was preped for them to allocate one poem to analyse, casue they done it in 2001. so i had all the poems on my head. i focused on GLass JAr, Prize Giving and Father and CHild, but also (in passing) mentioned violets, alter ego and mornington. :)

Theodopolis

HSC
Perfect Element said:
Hmmm.. where have I heard that before?

Quiet, you!

I had to leave that 'restaurant' with something other than severe indigestion.

volition

arr.
HSC
I suppose it's for occasions/reasons such as these that you can't apply for some type of 'unfair advantage' based on the quality of teaching...

I'm one of the lucky ones though, my school didn't do Harwood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)