• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who gives a fuck about 9/11 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwu1

HSC
Touche. I need some sleep haha :/

Having said that, it doesn't mean that I agree with what you are saying.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
did you just miss the entire point of what i was saying? your geographical point of birth is extremely important. hence, if you were born in america, into an american family (thus you were not australian, hence why I pointed out you being australian) you would be far more likely to care. "I probably wouldn't [care] if I was an America", you probably would.
Yeah I realised after I posted, my bad

of course there is some glorification which is fucking stupid, but elements of humility are also clear. the civics and citizenship curriculum does not teach about our military exploits (such as in the north african campaign or on the western front). it focuses on gallipoli as shitty, sordid affair and focuses on the non-military triumphs of certain characters (e.g. simpson and the donkey, and whoever that bloke was who masterminded our retreat), and how the english fucked us over. of course this teaching serves the purpose of bolstering australian national myths, but it's not about australia civilising and policing the world like it is in America.

edit: in fact i'd argue the civics and citizenship curriculum goes to great lengths to remind kids how horrible and discriminatory our past has been (women, aboriginals, WAP etc.) cultural marxists!!!!!!!!!!
If that's the case then why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan if it's meant to show that the military has done some major clusterfucks in the past, especially after a whole decade of conflict. Australians didn't learn anything about these things except for the parts that said "brave soldiers" or "courageous battlers" and apply that to the modern military hence why they're greeted as heroes for doing very little to nothing.

Again, if people learn so much from the curriculum, why are we treating asylum seekers as cancer

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
can we get an ibbi or someone super controversial in here (not apathetic)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
also Stop the Boats

^

Further evidence to how we haven't progressed, we've just moved on to different targets

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
If that's the case then why are we still in Iraq and Afghanistan if it's meant to show that the military has done some major clusterfucks in the past, especially after a whole decade of conflict. Australians didn't learn anything about these things except for the parts that said "brave soldiers" or "courageous battlers" and apply that to the modern military hence why they're greeted as heroes for doing very little to nothing.

Again, if people learn so much from the curriculum, why are we treating asylum seekers as cancer
ah, this is the real crux of the issue. what do we learn from history? perhaps, not a whole lot.

but first of all, the majority of the population was not educated under the current curriculum. secondly, the civics and citizenship doesn't completely shape our children's beliefs (thank fuck). thirdly, world events, the media, and social/political leaders all have an equally important, if not more so, in shaping our perceptions (particularly on foreign policy). fourthly, i would argue for the inertia of beliefs and practices (e.g. national myths etc.)

it doesn't appear to me that any society has gotten over treating military men as heroes. some things are just rusted on.

edit: just realised this whole post is fucking stupid and i don't give many shits about anything it contains.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
will onshore processing cause CIVIL UNREST?

edit: we now witness godwin's law (of stop the boats, not nazis)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
your thoughts on smuggling kingpin Haji Sakhi?

edit: fuck gotta go to work, alter cunce

HSC
Yeah I realised after I posted, my bad

and this is why i hate people m8

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i love how libs like to use words like "progressed" to suggest that every view that they don't like is something that if rejected and moved away from we're "moving forward" thus insinuating that we're improving ourselves

HSC
good old Israel forever
they know how to get along
side by side we stick together
to proudly extol the virtues of Judaism and crush those who oppose us

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
israel attack the government buildings of your allies in false flag incidents and spy on them all the time then put your hand out for more aid plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)