• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who gives a fuck about 9/11 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I probably wouldn't if I was an American either but I just can't say that civilians deserve to die due to actions of the State
Chances are, as an American, you probably would care.

And I don't know if the question is whether they deserved it or not. The fact is, they did die, and it wasn't unprovoked.

HSC
In all honesty I don't really care all that much either I probably wouldn't if I was an American either but I just can't say that civilians deserve to die due to actions of the State
but that is the exact position the usa holds

they are not liable for civilian deaths in iraq etc its just collateral
those civilians shouldnt have gotten in the way hey

seems to me that if iraqi civilians are killed in airstrikes etc they are paying the price for the actions of the state (and they are even less complicit because atleast the americans have some say int eh way their govt conducts themselves)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
the Iraqis deserved it
if they were a responsible people they would have kindly asked Mr. Hussein to leave the country and let them self-govern

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Chances are, as an American, you probably would care.

And I don't know if the question is whether they deserved it or not. The fact is, they did die, and it wasn't unprovoked.
I really wouldn't

Didn't care about Bali bombings

Don't care about Gallipoli

Barely care about Kokoda, etc.
but that is the exact position the usa holds

they are not liable for civilian deaths in iraq etc its just collateral
those civilians shouldnt have gotten in the way hey

seems to me that if iraqi civilians are killed in airstrikes etc they are paying the price for the actions of the state (and they are even less complicit because atleast the americans have some say int eh way their govt conducts themselves)
No it isn't

Saying someone is collateral and someone doesn't deserve to die are two different things. The former implies legitimacy to what's being done.

Please don't try to equate the US' actions to my opinions please/stop trolling

HSC
I really wouldn't

No it isn't

Saying someone is collateral and someone doesn't deserve to die are two different things. The former implies legitimacy to what's being done.

Please don't try to equate the US' actions to my opinions please/stop trolling
doesnt that make the usa worse though

legitimising civilan deaths

because of their illegitimate war

why do u love george bush so much

whatsmyname

HSC
N/A
i would be nonchalant

it would result in some interesting photos etc

i dont think any of the dubbo councillors are war criminals though
all im sayin is, that the usa have committed a fair few war crimes and kind of deserved it
nah they had it coming

the usas little habit of forcefully removing democratically elected governments and installing compliant dictator ships came back and bit them on the arse
it wasnt some secret, everyone knows it happened.

that said, i dont sympathise with the arabs at all either, they are just as complicit
dumb sand monkeys following a retarded religion
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE...they kill innocent civilians in libia, iraq, serbia (1998), afghanistan...and there reason bcs osama did it? Is osama some god of afghanistan, does he liek represent the government of afghanisatan? Just bcs one stupid cunt did that doesnt mean you have to brand all afghan people as terrorist, and wat bcs ONE person ( and group of friends ) you attack a WHOLE country killing more then 100,000 + people just bcs ONE man killed like 2,000 ppl :S ......so for example say an american man blows of sydney harbour bridge and kills all the people on it, ausralia should send 100,000 + troops to america and have a war?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I really wouldn't

that's as an australian you spastic. fortunately, our civics and citizenship curriculum instills humility in our kids (to some extent) by teaching them how fucking retarded and shit gallipoli was, and how fucking dreadful kokoda was. although, of course it still allows the reproduction of bogan mythologies.

if you were an america, you would have been brought up through an education system that constantly reminded you how fucking special you were to live in a country as supremely special as the united states (i.e. american exceptionalism). of course, the influence of this education is entirely contingent on your geographical, economic and cultural context. so it's purely a matter of luck if you're enlightened enough to critically examine what you're being taught (even then you're probably just being rebellious for the sake of being rebellious)

kwu1

HSC
That's just insensitive. There is no justification for this disrespect to either Americans and Iraqi's regardless of their acts.

Although morally and ethically, everyone is entitled to criticise the impunity of America's war crimes.

I care about all those people who died in 9/11 but definitely don't encourage war crimes against humanity.

HSC
theres only one thing that angers me more than us foreign policy hypocrisy

and that is islam

what a bunch of fucking morons. even the most innocent muslims is still guilty of materially supporting terrorist crimes against humanity
and dont say terrorists arent true muslims, dont follow islam etc because they are the only true muslims. islamic extremists follow islam the way it is meant to be followed (which is backwards as all fuck and should be outlawed)

HSC
That's just insensitive. There is no justification for this disrespect to either Americans and Iraqi's regardless of their acts.

Although morally and ethically, everyone is entitled to criticise the impunity of America's war crimes.

I care about all those people who died in 9/11 but definitely don't encourage war crimes against humanity.
There is no justification for this disrespect to either Hitler or Stalin, regardless of their acts.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
that's as an australian you spastic.
...yes because I'm Australian hence I'm highlighting I wouldn't care if my geographical point of birth was somehow changed

fortunately, our civics and citizenship curriculum instills humility in our kids (to some extent) by teaching them how fucking retarded and shit gallipoli was, and how fucking dreadful kokoda was. although, of course it still allows the reproduction of bogan mythologies.
It doesn't instill humility at all, it glorifies military exploits in far off lands that have nothing to do with us. Not once have I ever EVER learned/heard about the Kokoda track unless it was on TV

if you were an america, you would have been brought up through an education system that constantly reminded you how fucking special you were to live in a country as supremely special as the united states (i.e. american exceptionalism). of course, the influence of this education is entirely contingent on your geographical, economic and cultural context. so it's purely a matter of luck if you're enlightened enough to critically examine what you're being taught (even then you're probably just being rebellious for the sake of being rebellious)
Yeah admittedly murika is probably worse than us at this

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE...they kill innocent civilians in libia, iraq, serbia (1998), afghanistan...and there reason bcs osama did it? Is osama some god of afghanistan, does he liek represent the government of afghanisatan? Just bcs one stupid cunt did that doesnt mean you have to brand all afghan people as terrorist, and wat bcs ONE person ( and group of friends ) you attack a WHOLE country killing more then 100,000 + people just bcs ONE man killed like 2,000 ppl :S ......so for example say an american man blows of sydney harbour bridge and kills all the people on it, ausralia should send 100,000 + troops to america and have a war?
please stop posting

please post something real

HSC
i used to read heaps of books about war and movies etc australia has a decent record at not invading sovereign countries for no reason
sure we get caught up in the odd proxy war but who doesnt
im on the fence on foreign intervention like in korea/vietnam etc i think it is necessary or we will have a lot more rwandas and bosnias (even though the outcome is probably the same for civilians lol)

kwu1

HSC
You do realise movies are under the influence of false journalism and documentation right? They aren't true representations of actual events? Gotta love WikiLeaks for revealing the truth behind misleading popular culture inc. books.

Read John Pilger and you will understand.

kwu1

HSC
Why don't you argue back if you think my post "isn't real"? All opinion but no substantiation behind your thoughts.

HSC
You do realise movies are under the influence of false journalism and documentation right? They aren't true representations of actual events? Gotta love WikiLeaks for revealing the truth behind misleading popular culture inc. books.

thanks bro i didnt know that

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
...yes because I'm Australian hence I'm highlighting I wouldn't care if my geographical point of birth was somehow changed
did you just miss the entire point of what i was saying? your geographical point of birth is extremely important. hence, if you were born in america, into an american family (thus you were not australian, hence why I pointed out you being australian) you would be far more likely to care. "I probably wouldn't [care] if I was an America", you probably would.

It doesn't instill humility at all, it glorifies military exploits in far off lands that have nothing to do with us. Not once have I ever EVER learned/heard about the Kokoda track unless it was on TV
of course there is some glorification which is fucking stupid, but elements of humility are also clear. the civics and citizenship curriculum does not teach about our military exploits (such as in the north african campaign or on the western front). it focuses on gallipoli as shitty, sordid affair and focuses on the non-military triumphs of certain characters (e.g. simpson and the donkey, and whoever that bloke was who masterminded our retreat), and how the english fucked us over. of course this teaching serves the purpose of bolstering australian national myths, but it's not about australia civilising and policing the world like it is in America.

edit: in fact i'd argue the civics and citizenship curriculum goes to great lengths to remind kids how horrible and discriminatory our past has been (women, aboriginals, WAP etc.) cultural marxists!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

hahahha shiiit please stop

Why don't you argue back if you think my post "isn't real"? All opinion but no substantiation behind your thoughts.
This is a forum dude just have an actual opinion on something not "dat so incesitiv liuv evry1 :) :) :)" and unless you make severely outlandish claims then someone might ask you to back up your opinion with some sort of third party information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)