Who got 100 UAI in 2008? (2 Viewers)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
dp624 said:
well you know, an active social network is required to attain 100 uai. duh, everyone knows that =P
and please don't trawl through 50~ facebook pages looking for me, lol
Haha I was just bored LOL
I aint gonna go that far!

georgefren

HSC
Close, Lararus. It was Yeow, Marinos, Wells, Pope. I thought Vallance would since he topped two subjects and Letcher would, but they .95'd it.

dp624

HSC
georgefren said:
Close, Lararus. It was Yeow, Marinos, Wells, Pope. I thought Vallance would since he topped two subjects and Letcher would, but they .95'd it.
lol, and menzies' non-band 6 in english gave him a .95 too,

4jess7lov

HSC
a friend from north sydney boys said that tommy cai got 100 (north syd boys)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
That's 22, so one left...

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Lazarus said:
The students from Sydney Grammar may include the following, who were two of the 20 students to be listed on the Distinguished Achievers' List for eight courses:

Mark Yeow - English (Advanced), English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, French Continuers, Latin Continuers, Latin Extension

Heydon Letcher - English (Advanced), English Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 2, French Continuers, French Extension, German Continuers, German Extension

(There were no students listed for nine or more courses.)
How do these guys get 100 UAI if they're doing so many units? Seriously, kids in my school struggle with 10 units. I sure hope I don't struggle in Year 12.

georgefren

HSC
I'm doing 14 units? Its because our school doesnt allow you to do less than 12 units. And we dont offer subjects that scale badly. So all the kids do subjects that mostly have extensions and seriously, the difference between say latin and latin extension or classical greek and classical greek extension is so small that people just do the extra unit since its hardly any extra work and it scales mad.

HSC
georgefren said:
I'm doing 14 units? Its because our school doesnt allow you to do less than 12 units. And we dont offer subjects that scale badly. So all the kids do subjects that mostly have extensions and seriously, the difference between say latin and latin extension or classical greek and classical greek extension is so small that people just do the extra unit since its hardly any extra work and it scales mad.
what school do u go to?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
The dux of Moriah did, but i'm not sure what his name is..

u-borat

Banned
HSC
georgefren said:
biggest myth of the hsc; unless you get ~96+ in latin or latin extension (48), it scales horribly.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Dragonmaster262 said:
How do these guys get 100 UAI if they're doing so many units? Seriously, kids in my school struggle with 10 units. I sure hope I don't struggle in Year 12.
Time management is the KEY to success.

Kikkoman

HSC
u-borat said:
biggest myth of the hsc; unless you get ~96+ in latin or latin extension (48), it scales horribly.
Same goes for Greek. People often say 'You can get like, 70 and it will sky-rocket higher.'

Yeah.....no. It doesn't work like that. At all

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
jmccathy said:
I though 99.95 is the highest UAI?
Unlike Victoria, SA, WA, etc, in NSW the highest UAI is 100.

The ranks of those who scored 100 may soon be closed however - in 2007 the Technical Committee on Scaling recommended that the top UAI be changed to 99.95 to conform with the practice of other states.

This means that there would be ~40 students on the top rank instead of ~20 as at present.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)