Who got 99+ without Extension maths or Physics? (1 Viewer)

wendybird

HSC
i got 99.95 with no physics or any other sciences and i did extension 1 maths but it didn't even count only 2u did

hope this helps
Issy!!! :kiss::kiss:

Huge congratulations!!! :D

Last edited:

Scinery

HSC
Congrats all you godlike fellows. so it IS possible.

I started this thread to find out how to advise younger kids on subject selections!

i was actually pulled down by the unenjoyable chemistry and maths that i was pressured into taking for scaling purposes. So just making sure that the high achievers arent those who "enjoy" maths/phys ahaha. thank god for humanities!

As for 99.95'ers, three of my friends got it with both 4unit maths and physics, all three curries.

trevhk

HSC
N/A
Actually that's a good thing you brought it up Scinery. I was also pressured into taking chemistry due to the whole "scaling myth" and it was the one subject that I really hated and didn't do that well in. It is also a testimony for year 10, 11 or year 12 students thinking of dropping a subject, that you SHOULD NOT base your subject selections upon scaling myths. They change every year and are unpredictable. If you do shit in the subject scaling won't work in your favour so there is no point. The thing you need to take away from this is, do something you enjoy because it is most likely that you will do well in it.

However, all hope is not lost for those who find that it is too late to right their wrongs and don't be discouraged by what I have just said. Put in the hard yards, try to enjoy the subject even if you may not be doing that well in the course due to specific reasons. I know that I spent the most time trying to improve my chemistry rank during year 12 and I still didn't get very promising results. Luckily, my other subjects were those I enjoyed greatly and had a talent in so it all worked out in the end. I managed to pull a band 6 in chemistry on the last run and so it is definitely possible for you to do well even if you have been lacking during the whole year.

Keep your head up and the HSC should be a breeze. I found that the biggest challenge during the HSC was not so much the content or academics but rather the psychology battle in my head with one side telling me that "I couldn't do it" and the other saying that "I could". If you can win the battle in your head, as weird as that sounds, you've already won the war :) (This sounds really cheesy)

Good luck to all HSC'ers next year!

determine

Premium Member
HSC
me! i got 99.9 without extension 1 or 2 maths or physics.

i did 2u english 2u maths cafs chemistry music 2 and ancient history.

i also accelerated in society and culture in 2008 (and got 96). :)

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
any subject can reach towards 99.95, it's solely judged upon the effort given

and congrats to the people who got 99.95 :) esp you Doctor Jolly

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
me! i got 99.9 without extension 1 or 2 maths or physics.

i did 2u english 2u maths cafs chemistry music 2 and ancient history.

i also accelerated in society and culture in 2008 (and got 96). :)
omg seriously?! well done!

Actually that's a good thing you brought it up Scinery. I was also pressured into taking chemistry due to the whole "scaling myth" and it was the one subject that I really hated and didn't do that well in. It is also a testimony for year 10, 11 or year 12 students thinking of dropping a subject, that you SHOULD NOT base your subject selections upon scaling myths. They change every year and are unpredictable. If you do shit in the subject scaling won't work in your favour so there is no point. The thing you need to take away from this is, do something you enjoy because it is most likely that you will do well in it.

However, all hope is not lost for those who find that it is too late to right their wrongs and don't be discouraged by what I have just said. Put in the hard yards, try to enjoy the subject even if you may not be doing that well in the course due to specific reasons. I know that I spent the most time trying to improve my chemistry rank during year 12 and I still didn't get very promising results. Luckily, my other subjects were those I enjoyed greatly and had a talent in so it all worked out in the end. I managed to pull a band 6 in chemistry on the last run and so it is definitely possible for you to do well even if you have been lacking during the whole year.

Keep your head up and the HSC should be a breeze. I found that the biggest challenge during the HSC was not so much the content or academics but rather the psychology battle in my head with one side telling me that "I couldn't do it" and the other saying that "I could". If you can win the battle in your head, as weird as that sounds, you've already won the war :) (This sounds really cheesy)

Good luck to all HSC'ers next year!
totally agree. its always the psychology. well said. (Y)

i was actually thinking about the OP's q as well recently. leanign towards dropping ext2 maths now, and spend more time on other subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)