Who got into UNSW LAW? (1 Viewer)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
romance_junkie said:
the whole travelpass thing is confusing...and it doesn't sound that cheap either...$1200+ for a yearly ticket.
for students, it's only a student weekly travelpass, which is half the price of an adult travelpass. choice your colour - i'm hot pink ;)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Isn't peer pressure a powerful thing.
can i just skip the bible bit and just get down to 'networking' with the hot CBS ppl? ;)

Asquithian said:
...then listen to some guy give singular interpretations of the bible followed by a diatribe about the correct and only one way to live. (Inference: everyone else is not as good as you since you are a christian. Only talkm to christian people. Christians people are more trustworthy)

Well shouldn't you be a little more open-minded about Christians. Say there is one way to live (i.e. following Jesus) - it doesn't mean that they are any better. The Christian message says that ALL are sinners - i.e. we are all equally inadequate. And to be honest, being Christian doesn't necessarily mean they do more good, are more compassionate, are more tolerant - so they aren't any better. hmm...this is convoluted i know...but i'm going on 2hrs sleep in the last day...i lost my train of thought.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
cbs are self-righteous asses who commit sin unwittingly every minute of the day without any feelings of guilt cz they have a bible up their ass and a cheap, handy excuse for their sins for the good Lord at the tip of their tongues. For supposedly connected Christians, they are the most insensitive people on campus (even when they havent even opened their mouths, they plaster every single noticeboard with their stupid cbs posters). yes, cbs does cause u to retreat to ur own cliques - ironic that in a university where you are supposed to be mature and open adults, you regress and turn into mindless dimwits, like in high school.

Last edited:

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Run for the Hills. CBS is evil. Just wait until they roud you up into a lecture hall and start getting randoms to sing you songs about how much they love jesus.

...then listen to some guy give singular interpretations of the bible followed by a diatribe about the correct and only one way to live. (Inference: everyone else is not as good as you since you are a christian. Only talkm to christian people. Christians people are more trustworthy)

[Dont't] Run for Hills[ong] lol.

pfft...there is nothing special about girls in cbs. thats y they go there to - to go to a place where everyone judges u on how well u can nod your head in agreement!

You seem to be distressed about the CBS signs everywhere...well there's nothing wrong with advertising is there? Are we not living in a democratic country where people are allowed to express their beliefs?

And maybe CBS people stick together because your attitude towards them makes it difficult for them to approach you and make friends with you...maybe?

Asquithian do you believe in a God?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
sorry but can we keep the theological/philosophical issues out of a law thread please? keep to topic :p

Sorry Frigid...will refrain from going off thread topic...

what's the thread topic anyway?

*changes topic again* so, is first year law fun? I've got a 12-hour week which seems like nothing - is that deceptive? like, will we be doing a lot of "independent learning" outside uni?

oh and i heard that at uni, the essay structure is different from how we've done it in high school, is that true?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
trust me... if you want to know the material well, study hours = 'number of contact' hours multiplied by three or four.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
First session Foundations/Research is hardly scary (then agan it was a little scary at the time...bleh)
not if you wanted HDs... man i'm such a nerd... i brought my folder into uni on wednesday... and my friends were there... they open up my law subject outline and on top i wrote 'MUST GET HD'... >.< *fucking nerd* 8-|

omg...u guys all get Ds and HDs...freaks. lol. is it hard to score well in law exams?

12 times 3 or 4...what?!! that's so much study!!! what about people who plan to join lots of clubs/societies...and work part-time too? i don't think i'm the only one...

with history essays at school we needed a brief intro...then argument....and a definite conclusion. however, i hear that you don't need a conclusion in uni essays. is that completely wrong?

btw thank u all for answering my questions so far :)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
tim: i got a C (mark: 72) in LPH (aka. Foundations+Public) but :( didn't even get a D. i got pwned.

amanda: nah, what i said is if you wanna go nuts. if you just work consistently you'll be fine.

also, in law, there is no definite conclusion. i remember the standard answer template to be something along the lines of FILS (Facts, Issues, Law, Summary). as long as you provide a valid argument and reach a conclusion, it doesn't matter if your conclusion is not the popular one, as long as the argument is sound and valid.

but srsly, dun worry about this stuff... you've plenty time to settle in before the real law subjects begin.

This is one for the Arts/Law people:

1. What was your major?
2. If anyone did any of the following electives, can you please tell me what they were like:
~ English - The Canon of English Literature
~ Chinese Studies
~ Politics/Intl Relations - Power and Democracy in Australia compared to International Relations in the 20th Century
~ History - World History: 20th Century
~ Linguistics
~ Development Studies - Rich World, Poor World

Thanks!! :)

mic

Chronic Burper
HSC
N/A
hey romance_junkie!

I'll be starting arts/law this year. I did arts last year and i did do the canon of english lit. You'll be having bill walker as your lecturer - typical eccentric lecturer who is very passionate about poetry. You will do loads of poetry!

As for politics, I did power and democracy in australia. It was dry as and boring (it's hard making the history of the liberal party interesting), but i did well and got a D. International relations i don't know about, but it's very popular, which is why they put it on a friday.

i did women's and gender studies, for both semesters too. i also did french in sem 1 and history in 2nd sem, so if you have any other questions about these, feel free to ask :)

addz

HSC
Frigid said:
not if you wanted HDs... man i'm such a nerd... i brought my folder into uni on wednesday... and my friends were there... they open up my law subject outline and on top i wrote 'MUST GET HD'... >.< *fucking nerd* 8-|

lol..i was there...
and i dont know you....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)