Who got the letter regarding scholarships? (1 Viewer)

thaoroxy2001

Bored member
HSC
did anyone get a letter today telling them about the scholarship offers....apparently there were over 400 science scholarship applicants and 30 were shortlisted....I'm on the reserve list....what the heck is that?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
that means when a successful applicant refuses to accept the offer, usyd would then offer that unaccepted offer to you as in the reserve list. (in plain english, they put u second :))

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
theone123 said:
that means when a successful applicant refuses to accept the offer, usyd would then offer that unaccepted offer to you as in the reserve list. (in plain english, they put u second :))
Or if someone who made the cut doesnt get the minimum UAI

I also made the reserve list but i didnt get a letter yet, they told me when i called them

Archman

HSC
N/A
thaoroxy2001 said:
did anyone get a letter today telling them about the scholarship offers....apparently there were over 400 science scholarship applicants and 30 were shortlisted....I'm on the reserve list....what the heck is that?
does it actually say that "400 applied" and "30 shortlisted"?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Archman said:
does it actually say that "400 applied" and "30 shortlisted"?
that means only 30 will be accepted, and they have there 30 potentially with them

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i'm on the reserve list as well...did they just put everyone who didnt get shortlisted on the reserve list???

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
babygoose! said:
i'm on the reserve list as well...did they just put everyone who didnt get shortlisted on the reserve list???
No some people dont make the cut nor the reserve list

aud

HSC
I-Jester said:
Did anyone get a non-science scholarship letter?
Yea, I got one for the main one... whatever it's called, got rejected... *makes that bumbum sound that doesn't really transfer so well on screen*

PhiL

Has anyone heard from the commerce faculty? Cause i applied there and havent heard anything back so i guess i wasnt successful. o well. i dunno has anyone got a letter

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i got a Commerce scholarship last year... but didnt get my offer until January... so don't panic yet...

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
OK - I'm hearing about a few people with rejection letters at the moment. Who's been rejected?

Former scholarship winners - does this mean that people who haven't heard are in with a good chance or just that their mail is late?

SeDaTeD

HSC
Haha, i got rejected for the main Usyd one. Ohwell.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
what happens if you get no letter at all? i got the receipt of application letter but nothing after that?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
What faculty?

Ones which hold interviews you were probably rejected, the others you might still have a shot.

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Yeah - I applied for Arts and I haven't heard anything aside from the receipt of application. Most of my friends who applied for Arts have recieved a rejection letter - what's the deal?

SeDaTeD

HSC
Yeah, I still reckon I have a chance of getting a science one. When do we find out when they give out the faculty scholarships?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i hadn't heard by january, so i rang them, and was told i had been short listed (like for the leftover ones that other people didnt accept) and in february i got my offer! yay!. I think a fair numer of ppl reject them, i mean people who are at the top of the top would get offerred more than one by different uni's, and if they don't want to go to usyd, then they reject it, and ppl like me get them! yay!

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
so do you recommend ringing them up this early on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)