Who here got nominated for art express? (1 Viewer)

Bezzer

I'm nominated. I did an interactive about mans growing dependance on machine. The 200 that are chosen are chosen by the gallerys depending on how well they fit in and things. So I wont be to disapointed if mine doesn't get in. The interactive has been uploaded to the web, but since its meant to be viewed off a cd, its a bit large. I dont have the link on me though, so i'll post it later.

Tiger Pants

um...

this may seem stupid but does the mail come to your house or via the school...
all those who didn't get in (as it seems i am one of you!): art is for your own enjoyment so live it up and have FUN!

MegaBaz

The mail came by my house addressed my me..
I had to tell my art teacher because she gets the letter on monday apparently.

Anyway check my first post again on page 1 as I am updated the pictures with some originals off the computer so you can see the work better.

allyteaded

hohoho... Guy I saw a bit of it... funniee! except it was hard to navigate because I couldn't see my cursor :p

Anyway, I believe people who haven't got a letter yet still have hope. I hear there are still some schools that haven't been looked at yet.

Although... the 800 who have been picked aren't necessarily making it into art express, it just means they got a high mark.

Like Bezzer - I'm just happy to know I got a good mark. But it would be good to have made it in. :)

Ok... not so lazy today (although I am procrastinating for the exam by coming here.) Here's some of my work.

I submitted three things. A manga (which had 70% of my effort... and I'm glad I got rewarded for it...) Five pastel works... (which I'm a bit :/ about ...) and a website (which I'm sure brought my marks down.)

http://members.fortunecity.com/allytea/index.html

If the pics don't turn up, keep refreshing... Soo bloody annoying... stupid money-hungry hosts...

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Three people from my school were nominated... out of nine. So we thought that was pretty good for us (considering we had no nominations last year, and very few and far between in previous years). I was nominated, but, eh! I couldn't be bothered to re-post the pictures. They're in the BOW pictures thread somewhere if anyone can be bothered to look them up. (I think they were on Page 4).

And to everyone else who was nominated - Congrats!

Last edited:

bunnyears

i got nominated too. don't worry if you don't get in because it says (if you read it) that they have been selected to fit in with possible exhibitions. (so if you didn't get a letter: probably cos your work is too individual?? who knows who these crazy art markers think....cooped up in a room)
if you aren't one of the final 200, its not because your work isn't good enough, its becaus eit didn't fit in with their theme, whcih shock horror: is often self identity.

- excuse me while i throw up.

MegaBaz

Here are the rest of the pics. from the updated pics I placed on the first page.

The artists statement

the 2 photos I desided on for enlargements

Small abstract blocks series 2

The 5 layouts I had framed

Photos from the school artshow (Blocks on the wall)

Photos from the school artshow (The other blocks on the wall)

What do you think of it?

tash

lalalala
HSC
i didn't get nominated which was kind of a shame but i suppose my work wasn't very artexpressish.

congrats to those that did though, that's really awesome!

dieselboi

yeah i have'nt received a letter yet!
oh well.. looks like my dream has been shattered!
nah its all kewl, congrats to everyone who made it in.
I worked so hard on mine through out the year, and my teacher gave me full marks for my diary and even the progress of my work but yet i wasn't selected. maybe my work was too 'out there'!

have u noticed how artexpress has sorta become kinda ya know... BORING, and there is hardly anything that is ever left-of-field????
well i think so from what i have seen in the last few years!
same old thing ova and ova!
enuf of my bitching.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dieselboi
have u noticed how artexpress has sorta become kinda ya know... BORING, and there is hardly anything that is ever left-of-field????
well i think so from what i have seen in the last few years!
same old thing ova and ova!
enuf of my bitching.
Yeah, I noticed. It's because they (as someone before said) pick stuff that fit in with the themes they have in mind for what they want to exhibit.

And not that you mean to say everyone who got nominated did an insipid, fawning, nauseously boring BoW, of course.

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
YO Stew............. Spewin bout this arvo bro!!! But i dunno if redny told you, but yah i got nominated too!!! As did Charlie, Towlie (Lockey M), you and me (thats all i know so far)... Maybe ratboy?

For anybody reading this i did a collection of works (9 photos, two series of business cards and a video)... I think i was nominated mostly for my video though - it was the main part of my artwork... So yeah - it was based on the tongue... I got no photos of it though - Baz do you?

CANT WAIT TILL ART IS OVER THIS AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Canoodle

Loves it
HSC
congrats carson, saw ur work at ur artshow, verycool
good luck on final cut

allyteaded

I agree - that art express wasn't all too good last year. There wasn't anything in particular that I was so "Wow" about compared to 2002 which was a little better I reckon (well, the stuff in the library was good).

But I think - digital art was featured way too much recently. And as a result, a lot of people are doing it and not taking chances with other forms. Either that or there's a constant bias to favour digital art. It just seems so easy to make things aesthetically pleasing with digital art. If you make a mistake, the computer can fix it up no probs. Painting and drawing and sculpturing - it can be a radically different story.

If you want to surmount this bias against digital art, it seems that you have to have a radically different idea which theoretically, in a post-modern world is very difficult, close to impossible and a state of achieving perfection.

- but that's just my theory.

jello

yeah i think theres a boom on digital media as well

omg!
i just foudn out the markers came 2 my school 2 day
theres 2 still a chance 4 meeeee
i was just about 2 shoot myself 2

im looking 4ward 2 seeing ppl's works at artexpress
see wot we were all up against
=)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)