• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who here has a MiniDisc? (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
... 50 hours i doubt that, my friend has the $900 sony MD and the batteries last 30 hours MAX with battery pack

Nuhh... you don't understand

Here's a tip guys, if you use your remote to change songs, or do any setting adjustments, your draining your batteries to the max, the Walkman was designed in mind that people will listen to the songs, rather than traversing through the songs every 3rd song in the MD, everytime you change a song, the laser has to re-locate it's position causing more energy use... try charging a MD and fill it to the fullist, and just listen to a MD from the start, without flicking through the songs continuously, you'll see it lasts way longer.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
My MD lasts for 50 hours... (and it was the second one Huy posted).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My MD doesn't last so long because I use it to record voice, so I keep a bucket of batteries in my bag.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Lazarus
My MD lasts for 50 hours... (and it was the second one Huy posted).

I got the same one as you Laz

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Nuhh... you don't understand

Here's a tip guys, if you use your remote to change songs, or do any setting adjustments, your draining your batteries to the max, the Walkman was designed in mind that people will listen to the songs, rather than traversing through the songs every 3rd song in the MD, everytime you change a song, the laser has to re-locate it's position causing more energy use... try charging a MD and fill it to the fullist, and just listen to a MD from the start, without flicking through the songs continuously, you'll see it lasts way longer.
Where is the fun in that though? I get so sick of listening to an album in the same order all the time:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
Then press shuffle.
That would not do anything:p, the laser would still have to re-locate it's position:(.

Anyway, I never need to use my MiniDisc for over six hours straight anyway, so I do not need to worry, I have plenty of time. In my opinion, the 50+ hours of playback is unnecessary:).

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
That would not do anything:p, the laser would still have to re-locate it's position:(.

Anyway, I never need to use my MiniDisc for over six hours straight anyway, so I do not need to worry, I have plenty of time. In my opinion, the 50+ hours of playback is unnecessary:).
They design the system in mind that whatever you record on the MD would be listened to. I see most people just repeating one song out of 50 songs in the MD, :S

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by spleen
I got a sony mz G750...it's got a radio in it. I use it to tape gigs and classes and stuff.
I am thinking of using mine to record my university lectures too:).

Generator

HSC
N/A
a sony mz-n505... My remote has died, and pressing the volume button can cause it to enter into editing mode, but eh, 18 months of heavy use normally leads to much worse than that for me.

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
I've still got my MZR-909 bought from France in 2002 lol
A whole stack of discs as well and I'd use it if only I had an easier way to record songs onto the discs (for me) since my MD isn't a net one.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i love my mini disc but i don't know anyone else who has one
but that doesn't bother me
i haven't figured out how to record yet
but i will probs try soon

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
you need an optical cable (which should have come with your player) and you connect it from something with an optical out port such as a DVD player or PS2, to your MD player.

T

timbk2

i got a sony netmd mzne810 from japan in january. awesome little machine.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
MZR-900, piece of shit.
i have to close the case off with a rubber band (works better than paper, bluetac etc) just so it doesnt open too much and the disc stops spinning.

*awaits for 1gig mds*

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
Merethrond said:
They have already been released in Australia:).
LINK!
PRICE
?

i know that the price of the disc is something around $8 which is fucking cheap :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)