• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who here has finished their course??? (1 Viewer)

launcher169

Lord of Chaos
HSC
ok. just wondering who has actually finished and is revising
and in particular is their a continued focus on extention history
or is everyone diverting their attention to more pressing subjects?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
No way. We will be working til practically graduation day I think :(

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
not a chance - we were going so well with the first part of the course, then we had all these hundreds of interruptions during the second section. made it hard in trials when we were supposed to compare historians views on appeasement but we'd only just in the last lesson finished AJP Taylor and for other historians had basically jst a biography of hugh trevor-roper...so, we're just never gonna finish.

Jennibeans

HSC
We're revising & doing post modernism again cuz no one really got it the first time

jarmejames33

i am doubting that we will even get close

is anyone else here actually learning all 5 areas of debate fortheir chosen topic? or are your teachers only going through three (like my slack arse one)???

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
well, we do technically have classes on the case study - the thing is, we spent ages on the first history and historians topic and then, for one reason or another, got hardly any time to do the second one. and hardly anyone goes to class. our teachers decided that the most effective way was for us to read AJP Taylor at home then we'd discuss the chapters in class...cept only 4 of us regularly turned up, so we didnt do very much, and we still hadnt finished Taylor when we had 2 do our trials...and we'd done no1 else either, which makes it very hard 2 judge where Taylors conforming or challenging orthodoxy! (especially since of the regulars, 3 of us are ancienters...). so we kinda talked bout the chapters in class, but most of it ended up being the history of WWII rather than the historiography, coz elsewise we couldnt understand what the orthodoxy was. so putting points/arguments together for the 5 different debate areas became something we had 2 do completely ourselves...*sigh*

aeraw

we've finished our course and are just going through past papers and making summaries etc at the moment
the teacher didnt like 1 or 2 of our areas of debate so she just handed out a summary sheet so we'd "completed" it, and told us not to use them in the exam

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
aeraw said:
we've finished our course and are just going through past papers and making summaries etc at the moment
the teacher didnt like 1 or 2 of our areas of debate so she just handed out a summary sheet so we'd "completed" it, and told us not to use them in the exam
why bother to hand it out then? meh, thats so incrediably dodgy...just like my school!!!

hanjoc

yeh we finished a couple of weeks ago which is quite conveniant seeing as our teacher left and had a baby...as u do. doesnt mean i understand any of it and i think theres still a long way to go before i'll be ever able to feel confident about the exam...i dont think it will ever happen actually. at least the course is finished which is more than i can say for other subjects

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
pfft, understand the couse hanjoc? UNDERSTAND????????? i will never ever understand appeasement. oh woe is meee. *goes off into corner to have nervous breakdown*

have pity oh great history extension gods!!!!

ooh, totally off topic, but does any1 know when this years HTA essay winners are announced? meh, i have no chance, but my friend might..

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
We havent finished the course as such but we have all the notes and I plan to go crazy studying them...soon :D

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
We lost the entire first term because our teacher was in Europe and the school didnt follow his explicit intructions to put a casual on.

We rushed through historians and then kennedy have done random learning of both topics for past two weeks will probably have a study day wit teacher in hols and an arvo in stuvac to finnish course.

We did three areas of kennedy, man and myth/private and public (crossover) and cuban missile crisis we need to do more on as it is sofar exemplar responses from previous years and ben told to watch 13 days and the fog of war (both good movies incidently).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)