Who here has got a tutor???? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I think I'll need one next year for maths seeing as we're doing a bridging course for maths right now (basically just extension year ten work that is included in the year eleven course) and I am freeeeaaaked out because I did 5.2 maths for year 9 and 10, and I'm going to do advanced next year and am definitely not prepared haha

K

khorne

Good job...Well, i'm in year 10, and my school allowed me to accelerate, and now I'm self teaching myself Ext 2 maths (and actually in the course), which is awesome...0 dollars per hour...

Raxx...getting your tutor to teach you stuff is by no means a bragigng right...ANYONE can learn by being taught by a tutor...it's pretty funny actually.

What's more hilarious, he actually edited his post because of me...Can't take a bit of criticism? Hmm? OH NO the kids on the internet are being mean to me!

Last edited by a moderator:

HSC
Uni Grad
i have one for english and maths (yes i am well aware that i am doing standard english and advanced mathematics, no need to tell me again)
$140 a week for me on tutor.. lol
mainly cos i've had a few contributing factors which has stuffed me up with school.. e.g. very late dianosis of adhd in year 9.
but i've improved heaps.. and i'm hoping to do advanced english and 3umaths in year 12..
do you think thats possible?
or should i just try to do both of them for next year?
well mine is just abouts the same... $50 for 2 hours on english tutoring and $90 on maths for 1.5 hours... worthwhile but I'm not gonna be sure if it's really gonna improve my results...

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Ok, put this into perspective.

There are some sad people out there who go to Matrix for like Eng Adv, Physics, Chemistry + both MX1 + MX2 in year 12. It's like an average $1500 a term for one of these courses in year 12. So this would cost $7500 a term, meaning $30000 a year. Rofl. They end up paying more for some shithole tutoring than attending a private school annually. Theft in daylight tbh.

What shoudlre ally be done is self-study and end up with the same results, if not better results than tutoring for a total cost of $0! L

Last edited:

infatuated-x3

Procrastinator
HSC
Tutoring is good if you want to get ahead, solidify your knowledge, make sure you're learning the right things ...
I agree with this 100%. I used to go tutoring for english, maths and science and to be honest, i didn't find it useful or effective. I did initially go for the purpose of getting ahead + filling in gaps on things that my school teachers touched on vaguely. But soon, I found it more of a chore than something that would be beneficial to my work.

Since i've stopped now, i can use those 4+ hours (that i would've been at tutoring) doing something productive :)

But if you really need a tutor, your best bet is private one-on-one, even if it may be a tad bit more expensive.

Last edited:

riya03

HSC
One of my friend goes to Matrix, she said it was really good but expensive.

I dont get tutored yet, but I'll definitely need it for next year ;)

sunnaye

HSC
I go to Tipps for Maths. It's pretty effective if you listen and do the homework. Helps alot.
But i'm also plannign to go to Dr Du In Hurstville? Idk, sounds exspensive.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
Im not going to tutoring now. :) but im gonna try it next year :D and see if it helps.

raceryt

HSC
To the people who do go to matrix or other ‘good’ tuition centres, what do you mean by they teach very well? Is their teaching style effective, are their resources plentiful, is the homework they give apt for exams?

Cee.

HSC
I heard Matrix is quite good but costly. I might consider going there for 3U mathematics next year.

JayNoob

zzz
HSC
I heard Matrix is quite good but costly. I might consider going there for 3U mathematics next year.
Costly!!! are you asian? xD cause I am haha... but it gets contradicting bewteen going to a tutor and the money ><

My friend goes for English and apparently he loves the learning environment and stuff... tempting but expensive T.T

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Why would you go to matrix when you could get a private tutor for the same or a cheaper price...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)