Who here is a pirate? (1 Viewer)

victor..cleaner

cleaner
HSC
sangboi said:
Well with ADSL2 and fast internet connections getting cheaper and faster how con you not pirate. Downloading a good quality movie can just take a few minutes nowadays. And i think the world is lightening up on pirated movies i meant the underworld, its more in the open and alot easier to find compared to afew years ago when this thread started.

Anyways i think pirating movies is perfectly acceptable in todays world or atleast where i live. People download movies and tv shows and pass em around like lollies, i still go to the movies and watch films with friends though if its a good movies worth paying for.

2.5 years on...

let it go

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
i pirate movies that i didn't go and watch in the cinemas and can't be bothered paying 30 bucks for a dvd.

sometimes if i really liked it i'd go and buy the proper dvd.

i also pirate movies from ages ago.

e.g. Zoolander. :)

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I love going to the movies and seeing movies on the big screen BUT some movies arnt worth paying the full price for (ie DOA) so for crap movies like that I would rather bootleg it.

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
I would go to cinemas to watch movies if they actually released them in Australia during when I gave a damn...

cloche

Isobel
HSC
victor..cleaner said:
All those who believe this thread could to be related to that Johnny Depp film which you all finger yourselves over, can click back.

What i am interested in is how many of you would rather download a copy of a film or buy a bootleg/pirated copy from the markets or somewhere else than go to the cinema.

Example: How many of you will pay to go see 'Van Helsing' in the next week or so?
a) Yeah i'll go
b) No i'll get a pirated copy

It is just an example so don't get too carried away...
I'm not interested in hearing about the music industry though...

Also give me some motives as to 'WHY' you pirate/ don't pirate

If there is some decent feedback, i'll post my views on the topic
Um, well I mostly download films and such because Australian release dates generally suck. :santa:

LimpFan87

HSC
Everyone has downloaded a song or movie from Internet.
I don't consider this piracy because if I like the stuff I buy the original :)

However if I waste my time watching a very stupid movie (Divx), I wont buy the DVD, I'm sorry :rofl:

milsirhc

HSC
N/A
Used to be a hardcore pirate but now as I begin to work, I buy most of the stuff to support the creator~

Legham

HSC
LimpFan87 said:
ROFL :rofl:

Anyway the older I get the less I pirate.
:O The older i get the more i pirate! Or perhaps it's something to do with my connection getting better..

Acaanpca

HSC
Why would I wait 2-3 years after a show first airs in the US to watch it in low quality late at night in a ever changing time slot constantly distrupted by ads when I can just download it 2-3 hours after it first airs and watch it when i like? I can not think of any sensible reason why I wouldn't pirate content.

YAAARRRRRRR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)