• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who is doing what?? (1 Viewer)

RIZAL

HSC
yenta said:
1st semester:
MKTG101
ACCG200
BUSL250
JPN221

2nd semester:
BBA111
BBA214
ACCG253
JPN222

I was going to do both accounting units in 1st semester but that would probably be too much accounting for me at one time :(

accg253 isn't really accounting at all, it's finance. so maybe u might still wanna do both accg's first sem.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Sem I
CUL100(core)
MAS104(core)
PHIL242
MUS100
(maybe an AHST)
Sem II
MAS105(core)
AHST222
PHIL246
SOC180
MUS207

Reviving this old beauty :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
I'm trying the law units for curiosity.. im wondering what law is like.
Make sure you at least give it the full year. So many people drop out during/after Jurisprudence when really its actually the philosophy of law, not law. It'll get more black-letter in second semester.

Subjects this year for me:

Sem 1
LAW405 Remedies
LAW407 Labour Law
LAW428 Trade Practices Law

Sem 2
BBA311 Strategic Management II
LAW410 International Trade and Finance
LAW443 Macquarie Legal Centre Clinical Program

And hopefully Chinese Commerical Law in the mid year break with Deakin Uni.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Hello my lovelies! :)

First semester:
PSY237- Cognition and Perception
PSY234- Social and Personality Psychology
LAW205- Criminal Law & Procedure I
LAW204- Contracts

Second semester:
PSY235- Developmental Psychology
PSY236- Biopsychology and Learning
LAW206- Criminal Law & Procedure II
STAT270- Applied Statistics

Cyan Phoenix, just as Good said, stick with law if you can- don't drop out. It's so worth it when it comes to doing torts: you can apply the law and you see the law everywhere, its just amazing! I'm genuinely excited to this years law subjects! I know that sounds really geeky, but its true! And anyway, juris isnt that bad: it just gets a bad wrap coz its theory.

Last edited:

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
ok changed my planned schedule...

semester 1:
ECON200 ECON232 ACCG253 SOC233

semester 2:
ECON200 ECON303 ECON360 SOC235

if i can go on exhcnage in semester 2, i will be doing an equivalent unit of BBA102).. :) :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
I'm genuinely excited to this years law subjects! I know that sounds really geeky, but its true! And anyway, juris isnt that bad: it just gets a bad wrap coz its theory.
Contracts blows.

Crim on the other hand was great, though I'm not sure how it'll be after last year's convenor left for a new job in the UK mid 2004. Still, expect to be taken out of your comfort zone (transvestite rape law, guys nailing each other's testicles to walls, u know..the usual).

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
serious? cuz like i emailed the dude instead and he said i cant do cro155 without doing cro150.. so i just thought id do that first.. i didnt do too well in hsc cro (76.. worst sub) so i thought it would be good to do cro150 anyway (does the uni get our hsc subjects/marks too?)
i didnt think i could do 200 level units?
meh ill talk to someone about it at enrollment.. lucky i only gotta pick 1 subject lol

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
iambored said:
didn't you do croatian for the hsc? you can't do that unit with hsc croatian, you'll have to do the 200 level one

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/unit.php?edition=2005&unitCode=CRO150
http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/unit.php?edition=2005&unitCode=CRO155

I think that would be better :)

It works with most languages at mq

CRO I is usually for beginners who know nothing
CRO II are for those who know the basics and wish to continue
CRO III are for extensions and those who know more than basic knowledge :)

Talk to the dean, and tell them what you've done, but thats usually the case, the NCCW means it doesnt count if you've done it right? or you just cant do it outright?

And has the Law quota letters been sent out yet? If they have i want to know if i can confirm what ill be doing next year rather than sit here with 3 different timetables in case i get in.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
And has the Law quota letters been sent out yet? If they have i want to know if i can confirm what ill be doing next year rather than sit here with 3 different timetables in case i get in.
I think if you got in you should be able to enrol into the LAW units automatically on e-student. Double check with whoever's in charge of the transfer (Maggie Liston maybe?)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ahh ok, i just kinda want to be put out of my misery. Thought official notices for entry into the quota had been sent out by letters already

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
see you in phil 246!

ahh you're doing phil 132. I did that last year, too much to know because its a totally new thing pretty mcuh every 2 weeks, but it is relatively bludgy lecture attendance drops dramatically about 1/2 way through the first term.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha nice, i wont be alone in 246 by the looks of things.

yeah 132 was fun, dazed can tell you how much i loved the lectures :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
yeah 132 was pretty good. I didnt regret doing it. It was interesting more than it was tedious just too much emphasis on actual philosphers which is what got confusing, what idea relates to who and what not but i guess that would be with all phil subjects. I guess it highly depends which lecturers you get too. The not turning up factor was more due to the fact that most of the time the lecturer just read the lecture notes which were all on the net anyway. But yeah i really enjoyed the tutes.

edit- ohh yeah and pretty easy marks too.

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
I'd hardly call it awesome, but its a lot better than any other theatre. Especially Price. That place is nasty and I've had so many classes there last year.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Awesome in that i can fall asleep through minutes 15 > 45 wake up and look like i havent missed a thing :p

and yeah price is freezing :S

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Anyone doing a MUS unit this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)