• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

who is doing what?? (1 Viewer)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
AsyLum said:
Anyone doing a MUS unit this year?
i was thinkng of doin MUS 102 until both my dad and mate said "wat job that goin 2 get u???" ... i only wanted 2 do it 4 interest, BASTARDS!!! lol

has any1 done phil 131 &/or 137??? if so, wat r they like???

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
131 is very much like 132, but it explores the metaphysical branch of philosophy rather than the morality/ethics side.

Tell them, a social commentator, journalist, or any media associated with the socio-psychological aspect of music. Should shut them up :D

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Ahh ok, i just kinda want to be put out of my misery. Thought official notices for entry into the quota had been sent out by letters already
Apparently the official date for them to tell u is like mid feb or somethin...so you're still in with a shot I guess!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha oh no, i called them up, got put out pretty quick :D

They ring all successful applicants :)

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sorry to hear. I guess the competition for spots has heated up. In 2001/2 a UAI of 91 and a GPA of 2.0 would get someone in.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha damn, yeah i wasnt really counting on it, rather i was wishing against it, cos i had my whole degree planned out already. Thanks for the condolences :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, poor showing with my 3 sub semester last year i had 1 day :D

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
I am wondering, can we only choose our first semster units or do we have to choose the units for the whole year when we enroll. Its just that im trying to transfer so i have no idea what units i wanna do after the first senster if i cant trasnfer

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Make sure you at least give it the full year. So many people drop out during/after Jurisprudence when really its actually the philosophy of law, not law. It'll get more black-letter in second semester.

MaryJane said:
Cyan Phoenix, just as Good said, stick with law if you can- don't drop out. It's so worth it when it comes to doing torts: you can apply the law and you see the law everywhere, its just amazing! I'm genuinely excited to this years law subjects! I know that sounds really geeky, but its true! And anyway, juris isnt that bad: it just gets a bad wrap coz its theory.
Yeah, law looks interesting. I loved philosophy last year so maybe jurisprudence, which didnt seem to be too popular, might also be something i like. But yeah, even if i don't like it i would try the whole year anywayz. Just a question (i probably sound stupid) but what does 'black letter' means? i have heard that before but i forgot where.

fornstar said:
i was thinkng of doin MUS 102 until both my dad and mate said "wat job that goin 2 get u???" ... i only wanted 2 do it 4 interest, BASTARDS!!! lol

has any1 done phil 131 &/or 137??? if so, wat r they like???
Do MUS 102 if your interested. not all units have to have meaning outside interest, you usually have to do some electives in a degree anywayz.

Phil131 was great. You begining learning about Greek philosophers then end with modern philsophers. I especially loved it because we got a really helpful course notes text which had EVERYTHING we needed, which means no frustrating times where you are looking for information. And, if thats not enough, the library has millions of helpful books for the course. Even though the ideas and readings are pretty complex Dont worry if your were not too good at hsc English, philosophy subjects are very different to the english we did at school, there is an emphasise on ideas and concepts.

Phil137 had a relatively low workload. It concerns standardising sentences (sort of pull arguments a part, making it easier to refute or understand) and exploring fallacies. If you buy the book (which should be compulsory, but only 'recommended' in the coop shop) and read it, then you should do well.

hope that helps.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
dirty dave said:
I am wondering, can we only choose our first semster units or do we have to choose the units for the whole year when we enroll. Its just that im trying to transfer so i have no idea what units i wanna do after the first senster if i cant trasnfer
although its recommended that you enroll in second semester units, you have plent of time to change them if your not happy. Dont be too concerned with picking the right units second semester. If your not sure just pick any unit, or leave it. During the end of first semester they allow you to change units anyway.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Just a question (i probably sound stupid) but what does 'black letter' means? i have heard that before but i forgot where.
No it's a good question (cos some law students don't know what it means...and they're doing it!).

In black letter law you'll generally consider 'whats' and 'hows'? What case has what precedence and what effect does the legislation have, that kinda thing.

Opposite of this would be more waffly units like juris...where you consider the 'whys', 'whynots' and pose your own alternatives.

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
although its recommended that you enroll in second semester units, you have plent of time to change them if your not happy. Dont be too concerned with picking the right units second semester. If your not sure just pick any unit, or leave it. During the end of first semester they allow you to change units anyway.
cool, thanks dude

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
first semester

econ141
acst300
econ350

yay only two days a week.
15cp in three days (and no evening classes)

X

xeuyrawp

heh. don't laugh at me

AHIST100
AHIST102
HIST112
PHIL132

-----------

PHIL131
AHST103
AHST101
AHST232

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
im doin .....

PSY 104
MGKT 101
SOC 175
STAT 170

i go 3 days a week, tuesday 2 thurday so 4 day weekend every week and im cheering!!!

im not worried bout 2nd semester cause im hopn 2 transfer, worry bout that after i get my credit pass average

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
~ForAGoodCause~ said:
geez ppl stop tryin to rain on my parade!! :mad:

ah well, ill prolly be goin 4 days a week anyways ... gotta put my parkin sticker to good use :)
hah yeah the whole strain of one day a week really got to me, in the end id turn up to uni just for the sake of it, since i was bored out of my mind at home

dirty dave

Banned
HSC
N/A
ha Im doing stat 170 and mgkt101 as well fornstar, 1st time doing fulltime at uni and Ill prabobably work 15 hrs a week as well...damn transporting's expensive in maca :vcross:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)