Who is going on the Fellow Traveller's Program? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Dear Enrolling Student,

Congratulations on your offer to join us at UNSW in 2012.

I am writing to invite you to participate in an initiative for newly enrolling students being run by UNSW Residential Communities and the student organisation ARC.

The UNSW Fellow Travellers Program is an opportunity being offered to 150 first year students to live on campus for four days in February 2012 as an orientation to University life. This is your chance to beat the rush - to meet some of your fellow students, become familiar with the campus and enjoy the unique offerings of the University before anyone else arrives.

From Sunday 5 February until Wednesday 8 February, you will live in the Kensington Colleges on the main campus of UNSW. During the four days you will be given a guided tour of the campus and have the opportunity to ask question of campus representatives. There will be a bbq, harbour cruise, movies, perhaps some karaoke or a flash mob workshop and a whole lot more. At the end of the Program you will be eligible join an ARC club created for the 2012 Fellow Travellers. Club events will be organised throughout the year.

The best new about the program is that it is FREE. To be eligible, you need to be an enrolling UNSW student, have a significant daily commute from UNSW and not be intending to live on campus in 2012. There are limited places and they will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested, please complete the application below as soon as possible and return it to edus@unsw.edu.au. Completed applications need to be received by Thursday 26 January 2012 at 5.00 pm.

We will contact you in the week beginning 30 January 2012 to confirm your attendance and provide you with a starter pack if you are one of the lucky 150 participants.

Program outline

Sunday 5 February Arrive on campus 1.00 – 3.00 pm
College orientation and introductions
Dinner – Kensington Colleges

Monday 6 February UNSW campus orientation and tour
Bowling, Laser Tag
ARC BBQ

Tuesday 7 February Movies
Sport
Harbour Cruise

Wednesday 8 February Breakfast at the beach
Depart at 12.00 pm

We look forward to seeing you in February.

NEIL MORRIS
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY SERVICES
THE UNIVERSITY OF NEW SOUTH WALES

Last edited:

acemusic415

HSC
How come I didn't get this? D:

On a serious note, seems interesting.

Edit: Wth, I got an email as well. It doesn't seem real :O

Last edited:

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, harbour cruise?

Yeah, I'm considering ~

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
FUCK YOU NSW ! U DIDN'T EMAIL ME! My girlfriend always said she wanted to go on a cruise......now what the fuck I do now?

CCMc

HSC
Yeah I didn't get the email either, I filled in an expression of interest form on info day that included my email and phone number, never heard from them. So I sent an email to them on the 22nd asking what was going on, never heard back from them. The whole program seems rather amateurish, probably cause it's the first time they did it, still though they could of been polite and responded to my email saying the couldn't fit me in or something. Has taken the gloss of the excitement of going to uni.

CCMc

HSC
Commuting from the Central Coast, stated that in the expression of interest. I don't know what a significant commute is if that isnt :/

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
and not be intending to live on campus in 2012.

Maybe they think you intend to live on campus.

CCMc

HSC
Maybe they did, though I filled out the expression of interest that asked how long my commute would be per day.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone here who went? If so, "Parlez vous français?"
OUI! somethingsomethingsomethingsomethingsomething LA CHEMISE!

Oh god, it's been stuck in my head since I got home.

Fail flash mob though, music wasn't loud enough!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)